Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-13-2015, 01:41 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Everything Breakout! Find out everything you need to know! Some topics include:

• Customizing you bike
• Seats
• Risers
• And much more!

For more information check out these threads:More Threads
Print Wikipost

The Everything Breakout Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2015, 06:36 AM
24v
Elite HDF Member
Received 704 Likes on 382 Posts

Originally Posted by Goldsgym
I know I got like ten posts in a row...
That is called LA DOG syndrome.

Old 05-04-2015, 08:53 AM
hmj
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by brianp25
It's a DNA 5 3/4" I got off ebay.

thank you!!!

Old 05-04-2015, 09:00 AM
LA_Dog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 185 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by sothai
..and where did you get those badges please? They look great!
Get them on ebay- they are about $45 / pair now. BE SURE to get the metal ones that are Silver Lettering and Black Background, Large size 4-1/4 " inches wide by 3" inches high. don't get the smaller ones that are only 3" wide..

Here is an example of an ended auction with the right badges- there are always some listed for sale there:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/HARLEY-DAVID...-/181730119296

Old 05-04-2015, 09:16 AM
LA_Dog
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by 24v
LOL no ****, right????

Old 05-04-2015, 09:28 AM
LA_Dog
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by helgi33
I am a bit new here.. registered on the forum last year.. but am only starting posting now. I have read the whole thread here .. and wow.. it took some time..

I bought my Breakout in June 2013 but for so many reasons.. only got my hands on it in February 2014. I have done lot of the mod mentioned here on the thread and others I will probably do.. lot of good ideas here..

I was very keen on increasing the power considerably. I looked at available superchargers and decided to go for the Maxi Charger by TTS Performance. I choose that one as it looks very compact and sleek on the bike and also the kits are made here in UK.

I was adviced that I would need forged pistons, welded crankshaft and better clutch. I didnt want to mess with the original engine so bought second hand 2012 103 engine with 5000 mles on it and sent it to Darkhorse. They replaced the connecting rods with H Competition roads, tapped and welded the crankshaft, intalled the left Timken bearing mod and then installed 110SE kit with forged pistons and SE255 cams and then added SE oil pump, SE cylinder studs and other goodies..

I then converted the clutch to Hydraulic by installing the CVO setup and then installed Barnett Scorpion Lockup Clutch.

I brought the bike yesterday to TTS Performance adn they will take few days for installation and fine tuning.. they will dyno test before and after and will be intersting to see how much the basic 110SE kit is giving now and what I will get with the Maxi Charger.. I am kind of expecting 160-180 RWHP but am though more interested in getting huge torque on low to mid range.. am not planning to race. just want fab cruiser...

I will give you updates on the Supercharger installations and results..

Helgi
Welcome and thanks for the post / info- that is a lot of work! Everything sounds good to be - but- I am totally scratching my head on why they installed the SE255 cams - those cams run hot and cause ping, and have a really early intake close of like 30 degrees. It's what most all of the CVO guys complain about and most everyone eventually gets rid of the 255's. It also means you are running stock compression around 9.3:1.

You would have been much better off with raising compression like 10.0 to 10.5:1 and getting better cams with a later intake close of 41, higher lift and optimized duration. With all the money you're putting into this you may have just shot yourself in the foot by not running a more optimal cam especially with forced induction. JMHO... Also what are you doing for injectors, TB and ECM management? you my want to consider a replacement ECM with wide-band O2 like the Dynatec units. A lot of tuning will be needed. But please do let us know how it works out- love to see pics with the SC mounted. SC's are always cool

Last edited by LA_Dog; 05-04-2015 at 09:31 AM.
Old 05-04-2015, 09:50 AM
Goldsgym
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 24v
That's funny

The bottle of wine that used for the pinched before posting probably got me in the groove

Old 05-04-2015, 01:43 PM
matte
Stellar HDF Member
Received 805 Likes on 441 Posts
Thumbs up

Just picked up a new breakout the other day. Will post pics when the new bars are installed. Called Carlini about their bag drag bars. None of the ones on their website had black ones that would fit a breakout. Talked to them directly and they said they used to have a 1.5" bag drag with a 1.25" stepdown and there were a few laying around. So they will get them painted and sent out. Glad I called them directly.

Old 05-04-2015, 02:02 PM
mseymour3
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by matte
Just picked up a new breakout the other day. Will post pics when the new bars are installed. Called Carlini about their bag drag bars. None of the ones on their website had black ones that would fit a breakout. Talked to them directly and they said they used to have a 1.5" bag drag with a 1.25" stepdown and there were a few laying around. So they will get them painted and sent out. Glad I called them directly.
I ordered the same bars and also called directly to ask the exact same question. I was told they had no bag drag bars with a 1.25" mounting area that all that type of bar stepped down to 1". So I ended up with 1" mount area bars and used a Wild 1 adapter to step it up to 1.25" to use my stock clamp.

Michael

Old 05-04-2015, 02:43 PM
matte
Stellar HDF Member
Received 805 Likes on 441 Posts

Nice! May have misunderstood him about the bars. No worries either way...should look slick

Old 05-04-2015, 04:00 PM
mseymour3
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by matte
Nice! May have misunderstood him about the bars. No worries either way...should look slick
I love mine even with the adapter. Blends in for the most part.

Michael

Quick Reply: The Everything Breakout Thread