Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-13-2015, 01:41 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Everything Breakout! Find out everything you need to know! Some topics include:

• Customizing you bike
• Seats
• Risers
• And much more!

For more information check out these threads:More Threads
Print Wikipost

The Everything Breakout Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2015, 01:48 PM
24v
Elite HDF Member
Received 706 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by Goldsgym
Bike is looking good. Red is the best for sure.

Old 05-03-2015, 01:54 PM
helgi33
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am a bit new here.. registered on the forum last year.. but am only starting posting now. I have read the whole thread here .. and wow.. it took some time..

I bought my Breakout in June 2013 but for so many reasons.. only got my hands on it in February 2014. I have done lot of the mod mentioned here on the thread and others I will probably do.. lot of good ideas here..

I was very keen on increasing the power considerably. I looked at available superchargers and decided to go for the Maxi Charger by TTS Performance. I choose that one as it looks very compact and sleek on the bike and also the kits are made here in UK.

I was adviced that I would need forged pistons, welded crankshaft and better clutch. I didnt want to mess with the original engine so bought second hand 2012 103 engine with 5000 mles on it and sent it to Darkhorse. They replaced the connecting rods with H Competition roads, tapped and welded the crankshaft, intalled the left Timken bearing mod and then installed 110SE kit with forged pistons and SE255 cams and then added SE oil pump, SE cylinder studs and other goodies..

I then converted the clutch to Hydraulic by installing the CVO setup and then installed Barnett Scorpion Lockup Clutch.

I brought the bike yesterday to TTS Performance adn they will take few days for installation and fine tuning.. they will dyno test before and after and will be intersting to see how much the basic 110SE kit is giving now and what I will get with the Maxi Charger.. I am kind of expecting 160-180 RWHP but am though more interested in getting huge torque on low to mid range.. am not planning to race. just want fab cruiser...

I will give you updates on the Supercharger installations and results..

Helgi

Old 05-03-2015, 04:45 PM
Goldsgym
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Goldsgym
It looks like a primo
Originally Posted by LA_Dog
Welcome Goldsgym- Nice job on the tank badge replacement. Of course, I'm biased..

What pipe and intake you running?
Thanks
I've always been a fan of that bar and shield. I ran it on my streetglide too.

The pipe is bassani road rage short. I'm running it with SE intake and woods 777 cams and dyno tuned. Just short of 100 hp. I don't recall the exact numbers, but the dyno tunig just brings it all together for not doing any real motor work.

Old 05-03-2015, 04:46 PM
Goldsgym
Cruiser

Originally Posted by 24v
Bike is looking good. Red is the best for sure.
Thanks J man.
Your bike and expert advice has always been appreciated.

Old 05-03-2015, 04:47 PM
Goldsgym
Cruiser

Oh ya red is the fastest too.

Old 05-03-2015, 04:49 PM
Goldsgym
Cruiser

Originally Posted by asputin
Yea,nice tank badges.
You have good taste

Old 05-03-2015, 04:55 PM
Goldsgym
Cruiser

Originally Posted by sothai
..and where did you get those badges please? They look great!
For the both times that I bought them it was on eBay. Around $100 us

Old 05-03-2015, 05:01 PM
Goldsgym
Cruiser
Smile

Originally Posted by helgi33
I am a bit new here.. registered on the forum last year.. but am only starting posting now. I have read the whole thread here .. and wow.. it took some time..

I bought my Breakout in June 2013 but for so many reasons.. only got my hands on it in February 2014. I have done lot of the mod mentioned here on the thread and others I will probably do.. lot of good ideas here..

I was very keen on increasing the power considerably. I looked at available superchargers and decided to go for the Maxi Charger by TTS Performance. I choose that one as it looks very compact and sleek on the bike and also the kits are made here in UK.

I was adviced that I would need forged pistons, welded crankshaft and better clutch. I didnt want to mess with the original engine so bought second hand 2012 103 engine with 5000 mles on it and sent it to Darkhorse. They replaced the connecting rods with H Competition roads, tapped and welded the crankshaft, intalled the left Timken bearing mod and then installed 110SE kit with forged pistons and SE255 cams and then added SE oil pump, SE cylinder studs and other goodies..

I then converted the clutch to Hydraulic by installing the CVO setup and then installed Barnett Scorpion Lockup Clutch.

I brought the bike yesterday to TTS Performance adn they will take few days for installation and fine tuning.. they will dyno test before and after and will be intersting to see how much the basic 110SE kit is giving now and what I will get with the Maxi Charger.. I am kind of expecting 160-180 RWHP but am though more interested in getting huge torque on low to mid range.. am not planning to race. just want fab cruiser...

I will give you updates on the Supercharger installations and results..

Helgi
Damb
For all of the S**T that you have done, how the hell could you possibly be silent for this long??
We ll have different forms of the fxsb, but we love to show and tell as we go along because we are all proud of our bastard childs that we have created. Even if I love my upgrades and everyone else doesn't. It's all about the fxsb and sharing.
Therefore, you owes some pics.

Old 05-03-2015, 05:06 PM
Goldsgym
Cruiser

I know I got like ten posts in a row, but I pinched a nerve in my neck and can't sleep let alone ride, so forgive me. Here is one more of the headlight

Old 05-03-2015, 10:29 PM
brianp25
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by hmj
What headlamp is that?
It's a DNA 5 3/4" I got off ebay.

Quick Reply: The Everything Breakout Thread