Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-13-2015, 01:41 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Everything Breakout! Find out everything you need to know! Some topics include:

• Customizing you bike
• Seats
• Risers
• And much more!

For more information check out these threads:More Threads
Print Wikipost

The Everything Breakout Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2015, 08:22 PM
Dynaunder
Advanced
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NSR
So you didn't have to make any computer changes? Does everything on the bike still work correctly?
I personally did not change anything as my Screaming Eagle tuner does not allow speedo changes, no faults code displayed on speedo , or at re-flash time no fault code recorded

Dynaunder

Old 04-27-2015, 09:32 PM
cdonis
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 296 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by azrchrd
Excellent! I love my drag bars, but I can't deal with staring at my shoulders, so will the 1.5" risers raise the bars, and how about pullback? is there that much difference?
I went 1.75 and it did help, not a huge difference but better.

Old 04-27-2015, 09:45 PM
cdonis
Outstanding HDF Member

Riding home today and managed to scrape the front headpipe shield and rear brake lever at their lowest point. Surprised me when I seen I got the pipe shield as it's tucked up pretty tight. Ahh well having too much fun I guess. I could only imagine what it's like with the bike lowered. Second thought now, about that mod.

Old 04-27-2015, 09:49 PM
DaSandmanCometh
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've hit that dang rear brake lever a couple times now and I really don't like the way HD has that set up. I think that's really a safety hazard. I've hit going around corners and had the front well come off the ground. Needless to say at this point the bottom is pretty ground down, but for newer rider that panics, it could cause a wreck.

Old 04-27-2015, 10:25 PM
cdonis
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by DaSandmanCometh
I've hit that dang rear brake lever a couple times now and I really don't like the way HD has that set up. I think that's really a safety hazard. I've hit going around corners and had the front well come off the ground. Needless to say at this point the bottom is pretty ground down, but for newer rider that panics, it could cause a wreck.
That would suck big time. ! Ya hit the brakes and down you go. Seen that happen in front of me on a run, guy had a pretty Lil lady on the back and a bike with the paper dealers plate. Washed out when he was ridin over his head. Felt bad for the passenger. But , I was surprised I got the head pipe.

Old 04-27-2015, 11:48 PM
monarchy
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cdonis
Riding home today and managed to scrape the front headpipe shield and rear brake lever at their lowest point. Surprised me when I seen I got the pipe shield as it's tucked up pretty tight. Ahh well having too much fun I guess. I could only imagine what it's like with the bike lowered. Second thought now, about that mod.

How the heck to scrape the rear break lever? I guess I'm not leaning far enough to even come close to it. I've actually never even scraped my pegs. Then again, there aren't many sharp turns out here in texas .

Old 04-28-2015, 12:26 AM
EagleRay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 96 Posts

Same problem here! Only one week ago I was leaning into a right curve to hard....1st scraped edge of the peg but I had to lean in even harder not to get carried over into oncoming traffic...next thing that scraped was the outer bottom edge of cylindrical part of the brake lever. Not too much damage but not nice either. That lean also f***ed up my guardian bell wich was mounted underneath the brake assembly.

Old 04-28-2015, 10:24 AM
wavesnwheels
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah I've scraped about 1/4 of an inch off the bottom of my rear brake arm. Not ideal but at least I've a bit extra clearance now :-)

Old 04-28-2015, 11:42 AM
Harleyvetteguy
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have not hit the rear brake arm yet but I am constantly dragging the wear pegs and my bell has taken a beating.

Old 04-28-2015, 12:16 PM
asputin
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ive taken off a lot of my lower pipe and a little on the primary but nothing on the break pedal.

Quick Reply: The Everything Breakout Thread