Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-13-2015, 01:41 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Everything Breakout! Find out everything you need to know! Some topics include:

• Customizing you bike
• Seats
• Risers
• And much more!

For more information check out these threads:More Threads
Print Wikipost

The Everything Breakout Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2015, 04:01 PM
LA_Dog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 185 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by valhalla-77
its self made with fiberglass. =)
Nice work on the glass. I like your pipe, looks like you're carrying a baseball bat strapped to the side. lol

Old 04-24-2015, 04:59 PM
rcrane
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOW!!! Ya'll really know how to bust a guys bubble haha

No worries once the seat is done and I black out all the chrome I think it will work out pretty good.

It will definitely be different than every other Breakout and that's the point anyway.

Old 04-24-2015, 05:09 PM
LA_Dog
Outstanding HDF Member

Don't sweat it brother- it is your ride, that is all that matters. besides, who sez any of us know wtf we're talking about anyway.. I mean, check me out with my low-dollar ebay carbon fiber vinyl dash wrap. hot stuff man. heh.

Old 04-24-2015, 05:20 PM
DaSandmanCometh
Intermediate

It's all personal choice. If you care what we think then you're doing it for the wrong reason man. Make it yours and f anyone that doesn't like it. Just don't take it personally if people don't like it, which is hard to do sometimes.

Old 04-24-2015, 07:16 PM
LA_Dog
Outstanding HDF Member

aww shucks.. I care whatcha guys think... *coughcoughnotreallycoughcough*

Nah seriously though, sometimes it's good to get an opinion (or several) as a sanity check or feeler. And there ain't no shortage of opinions here, that's for sure. In the end we all gonna do what we do regardless

Old 04-24-2015, 07:29 PM
cdonis
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 296 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by LA_Dog
Welcome! True, it's pretty nice especially if you want to go black. Although the CVO dash is very nice as well. I only like mine better because it's different

May have to copy that, too match the carbon fiber wrap on my exhaust. Sorry bro....

Old 04-24-2015, 08:57 PM
LA_Dog
Outstanding HDF Member

lol- go for it- i share my crazy ideas openly, no copyright or patent implied.

be sure to get the "3M 1080 matte carbon fiber" vinyl. it is the best one to use and easiest to work with. you'll need a heat gun to warm it up around the tight bends so you don;t get wrinkles. buy more than you need, maybe a 12" by 24" piece. if you mess up a piece, just yank it off and start over. you'll also need a small bottle of windex and some paper towels, that is the best thing to use for cleaning the surfaces prior to applying the 3M. I use a straight edge ruler and a plastic retractable razor knife for my cuts. make sure it is fresh and sharp or it will make snags on the cuts.

PS you can tell when you have heated up the vinyl enough to "form it" because it will react / move slightly after being heated for a few seconds. I do that at the edges to stretch out any creases and wrap it under the piece. that's the hardest part.

Always apply vinyl at the center of the piece and work outwards in a N/S/E/W pattern on curved pieces like this.

On the long dash strip, i worked it starting from very center up and down to each long end, ply pressing in the middle area and leaving the outsides up. Then I worked each side down separately, starting again in the center and working up / down toward each end. wrap it around and under, trim off any excess underneath that is in the way.

On the chrome center piece I again started in the middle and worked it out evenly towards all sides, heating it up and stretching it a bit as needed.

Have fun!

Old 04-24-2015, 09:07 PM
Dynaunder
Advanced
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

aww shucks.. I care whatcha guys think... *coughcoughnotreallycoughcough*

Nah seriously though, sometimes it's good to get an opinion (or several) as a sanity check or feeler. And there ain't no shortage of opinions here, that's for sure. In the end we all gonna do what we do regardless
Hi La_dog , I could not upload pic on PM message . but here it is and thank you again

Dynaunder

Attached Thumbnails The Everything Breakout Thread-picture-016.jpg   The Everything Breakout Thread-copy-of-picture-118.jpg   The Everything Breakout Thread-picture-006.jpg   The Everything Breakout Thread-picture-113.jpg   The Everything Breakout Thread-367366d1396054858-softtail-slim-lets-see-the-pics-picture-226-3-.jpg  

Old 04-24-2015, 09:39 PM
cdonis
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 296 Likes on 240 Posts

lol- go for it- i share my crazy ideas openly, no copyright or patent implied.

be sure to get the "3M 1080 matte carbon fiber" vinyl. it is the best one to use and easiest to work with. you'll need a heat gun to warm it up around the tight bends so you don;t get wrinkles. buy more than you need, maybe a 12" by 24" piece. if you mess up a piece, just yank it off and start over. you'll also need a small bottle of windex and some paper towels, that is the best thing to use for cleaning the surfaces prior to applying the 3M. I use a straight edge ruler and a plastic retractable razor knife for my cuts. make sure it is fresh and sharp or it will make snags on the cuts.

PS you can tell when you have heated up the vinyl enough to "form it" because it will react / move slightly after being heated for a few seconds. I do that at the edges to stretch out any creases and wrap it under the piece. that's the hardest part.

Always apply vinyl at the center of the piece and work outwards in a N/S/E/W pattern on curved pieces like this.

On the long dash strip, i worked it starting from very center up and down to each long end, ply pressing in the middle area and leaving the outsides up. Then I worked each side down separately, starting again in the center and working up / down toward each end. wrap it around and under, trim off any excess underneath that is in the way.

On the chrome center piece I again started in the middle and worked it out evenly towards all sides, heating it up and stretching it a bit as needed.

Have fun!
Good info brother. Not sure when I'll do it but I think it would look cool.

Old 04-24-2015, 11:25 PM
Pointman SQ8
Stage III
Default Tank emblems

Gents, when changing out tank emblems which 3m tape product works best? Thank you for your help!

Quick Reply: The Everything Breakout Thread