Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-13-2015, 01:41 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Everything Breakout! Find out everything you need to know! Some topics include:

• Customizing you bike
• Seats
• Risers
• And much more!

For more information check out these threads:More Threads
Print Wikipost

The Everything Breakout Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2015, 06:09 AM
jtaliani
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool video clip. I like it in white. Haven't seen too many of those.

Old 04-13-2015, 08:12 PM
stekylman
Stage I
Default first mods

freedom performance "amendment" exhaust & performance machine intake

Attached Thumbnails The Everything Breakout Thread-20150413_163530.jpg  
Old 04-13-2015, 08:44 PM
psdj52
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by stekylman

Like that intake. It is good to see something different.

Old 04-13-2015, 08:45 PM
rockerccn
5th Gear
Default Measurements?

Would anyone be willing to give me a measurement of the width of the Breakout frame, behind the seat, from one side to the other (from where the left fender support attaches to the frame to the where the right support attaches)? I'm trying to determine if the width of my Rocker C is the same, or close to the same, as the width of the Breakout. The local HD dealership where I am currently doesn't have any Breakouts available or I would go there for the measurement. Any help will be greatly appreciated!! THANKS!

Attached Thumbnails The Everything Breakout Thread-20150413_200911.jpg  
Old 04-14-2015, 04:56 AM
wavesnwheels
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stekylman
Originally Posted by psdj52
Like that intake. It is good to see something different.

Old 04-14-2015, 07:47 AM
jgos929
Road Warrior
Received 219 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by LA_Dog
So I've been messing around with the PV-2 tuner and learning how the Delphi system works with the various tuning parameters. I understand tuning in general but am green as can be in regards to tables and parameters in the Delphi system and WinPV.

A very nice, knowledgeable member on the forums here who makes his living as a tuner has given me some fundamental guidance a custom tune to use. The canned tunes that came with the PV2 for 2012+ Softail 103 were pretty bad, and even though they are named differently (SE and Rinehart pipes tune vs the SE and VH pipes tune) they are all the same exact tune files. That's pretty bad IMO. I put on the canned SE + VH tune and bike was poppier and doggier vs the previous tune put on by the dealer. It did give a bit more low end TQ but just faded out and felt weak at mid to upper rpms. gave a lot of decel popping and a few good 'bangs' on throttle roll off shift. I did find a quick fix for this by going into the PV2's "Quick Tune" menu, Tweaks, and setting "Decel Fuel" to +10%, and "Decel Spark" to +3 degrees. That eliminated all decel popping and roll off bang. Great!! But the overall canned tune still sucked as far as power.

The first custom tune sent to me by the member here was very good and was noticeably better - Stronger smooth pull and good hp from midrange to upper rpms, bike felt more responsive. I just needed a bit more TQ down low (as compared to the canned tune) and a bit more fix on the throttle roll-off pop around 4k rpm (as compared to my adjusting Decel Fuel and Decel Spark with the canned tune).

For my comparing of tunes, after a run with this custom tune I switched back to the canned PV tune file for SE + VH pipes (with the Quick Tune tweaks for Decel Fuel and Decel Spark), rode same stretch of road, then switched back to the custom tune, did the same stretch of road, to really feel the differences / grab logging data and make final notes.
I sent back some data logging for review along with my observations of riding on the custom tune, and the member kindly sent me back an updated tune and killer explanation of tech details on changes made.

So I'll be out riding today on the updated revised custom tune that was sent to me this morning, if the tune rides well I can post it up if anyone else is interested in taking a look at it in their WinPV or trying it out as an alternate tune. I'm sure there are a lot of other BO owners here with stock motor and just the SE intake + VH Big Radius 2-2 pipes like mine.
I have the same setup and would love to try this tune out. I uploaded the canned tune from Dynojet and it was ok, lots of popping. I've ran auto tune a few times and that helped with the go but couldn't tune out the popping on decel

Old 04-14-2015, 11:59 AM
LA_Dog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 185 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by jgos929
I have the same setup and would love to try this tune out. I uploaded the canned tune from Dynojet and it was ok, lots of popping. I've ran auto tune a few times and that helped with the go but couldn't tune out the popping on decel
Ok I'll PM you my email - reply back and I'll send what I got along with all of the excellent instruction / guidance from my "source" here. The canned maps suck bad. They don't run well and certainly do nothing for decel pop / roll off bang. As a matter of fact, the canned tunes are all the SAME with exceptions to the VE tables in each one of the files- And none of these VE tables match your setup, so no it's not going to work well.

I received absolutely horrid, nonsensical support from DynoJet. I can't even begin to relay the lack of interest, lack of expertise and plain stupid advice coming from their support. It would seem from my experience that unless you buy strictly from FuelMoto and as a result can get help from Jamie, you are not going to receive any good support for the PV-2.

What you can try right now with your canned tune loaded- and this worked for me during testing, is to go into the PV2 Quick Tune, go to Tweaks, go to Fuel, add +10 to Decel Fuel. Go to Spark and add +3 degrees to Decel Spark. Save that, go for a spin.

If that reduced your decel pops then we're on the right track and this can be more accurately implemented with adjustments to the tune file.

Here is a good forum resource- Read the last three or four pages. you can read me bitching about stuff and then some of the really helpful posts by Smokey and Jamie. https://www.hdforums.com/forum/ignit...admin-700.html

Last edited by LA_Dog; 04-14-2015 at 12:08 PM. Reason: clarity
Old 04-14-2015, 12:00 PM
vizcarmb
Stellar HDF Member
Received 553 Likes on 381 Posts

Has anyone here installed 8 to 10 in risers on their Breakout's? Looking to see if anyone has gone the Thug/club route

Old 04-14-2015, 12:03 PM
LA_Dog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 185 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by vizcarmb
Has anyone here installed 8 to 10 in risers on their Breakout's? Looking to see if anyone has gone the Thug/club route
I'd love to see that on your Road Glide

Old 04-14-2015, 05:05 PM
jgos929
Road Warrior
Received 219 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by LA_Dog
Ok I'll PM you my email - reply back and I'll send what I got along with all of the excellent instruction / guidance from my "source" here. The canned maps suck bad. They don't run well and certainly do nothing for decel pop / roll off bang. As a matter of fact, the canned tunes are all the SAME with exceptions to the VE tables in each one of the files- And none of these VE tables match your setup, so no it's not going to work well.

I received absolutely horrid, nonsensical support from DynoJet. I can't even begin to relay the lack of interest, lack of expertise and plain stupid advice coming from their support. It would seem from my experience that unless you buy strictly from FuelMoto and as a result can get help from Jamie, you are not going to receive any good support for the PV-2.

What you can try right now with your canned tune loaded- and this worked for me during testing, is to go into the PV2 Quick Tune, go to Tweaks, go to Fuel, add +10 to Decel Fuel. Go to Spark and add +3 degrees to Decel Spark. Save that, go for a spin.

If that reduced your decel pops then we're on the right track and this can be more accurately implemented with adjustments to the tune file.

Here is a good forum resource- Read the last three or four pages. you can read me bitching about stuff and then some of the really helpful posts by Smokey and Jamie. https://www.hdforums.com/forum/ignit...admin-700.html

Thanks bud I'll shoot ya an email shortly

Quick Reply: The Everything Breakout Thread