Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-13-2015, 01:41 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Everything Breakout! Find out everything you need to know! Some topics include:

• Customizing you bike
• Seats
• Risers
• And much more!

For more information check out these threads:More Threads
Print Wikipost

The Everything Breakout Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2015, 07:17 PM
LA_Dog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 185 Likes on 141 Posts

this guy does the best tribal paint work I've ever seen on a bike. truly amazing stuff: http://www.cosmicairbrush.com/ - Oahu, Hawaii.

Old 03-25-2015, 07:20 PM
cdonis
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 296 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by cdonis
That tq off the bottom is impressive. Ive went over probably 40 different 57 dyno sheets in the past, b and a motors and have never seen any with that tq so early. I guess heads and comp helped down low, but didnt show up in the top end. the op made out good being faced with his misfortune. Ive thought of bumping the comp and doin the heads but the gain per $ would be minimal. Here is a sheet for a different bolt in cam w/ o heads and comp. Ive thought briefly about the bump in comp And heads but the guys doing the heads said it would be a for a small gain. I think this 57 dyno proves that. I guess thats why they are marketed as bolt ins.
Ill edit in a sheet later
Here is the sheet, no doubt these stage 2 are fun, but lead to more later.

Attached Thumbnails The Everything Breakout Thread-0119151902-463x640-.jpg  
Old 03-25-2015, 07:25 PM
cdonis
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 296 Likes on 240 Posts

24v , a custom paint scheme would be tough.

Old 03-25-2015, 07:32 PM
LA_Dog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 185 Likes on 141 Posts

There's a place in Compton that does nice work too from what I hear, and they can work with your design via Photoshop renderings before laying down the paint: http://www.badasspaint.com/

Old 03-25-2015, 07:42 PM
24v
Elite HDF Member
Received 706 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by LA_Dog
Nothing for Breakout or softail but it looked like their touring bracket would fit with slight modification.
No, this company is making the brackets for Breakouts specifically. I will try to find it.

Old 03-25-2015, 07:44 PM
24v
Elite HDF Member
Received 706 Likes on 383 Posts
Old 03-25-2015, 08:10 PM
jtaliani
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dunno brother- I like the paint, it is different than everyone elses' with the black theme on top of it.

Did u see this custom Breakout on ebay for sale? The graphic design is pretty trick. I could see that working in different color schemes.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Harley-David...m=161642733519
That is a great looking bike, but holy cow, $5k for that paint job! I haven't priced a full paint job, but that seems high.

Old 03-25-2015, 08:12 PM
jtaliani
Cruiser

Originally Posted by 24v
I would want something more of this style.

That backrest is a cool idea. There is a company that makes something similar for the Breakout. I saw them on Facebook.
Your bike looks great now, but there's no denying that it would look sick with that paint!

Old 03-25-2015, 08:54 PM
youraemoo
Intermediate

😄

Was expecting some part number with some higher dollar amount for a different type of a headlight but that works lol

Thanks again for all the feedback

Originally Posted by 24v
Stock headlight housing with Harley Daymaker, and Harley chrome visor powder coated black.

Old 03-26-2015, 12:12 AM
sothai
Tourer

Ordered new front suspension -

Alright so I spoke with both Ricor (Brian) and Race Tech, and Progressive, and Works about front fork upgrade options for the Breakout. Both Ricor and Race Tech were helpful - Brain at Ricor was by far the most knowledgeable on the FXSB and proper setups, and recommended the Race Tech springs to go with their Intiminators.

Progressive was not helpful and not very interested in offering up tech information, Works was downright insulting.

I just ordered the following:
Ricor Iniminators for 06+ Dyna / VRod - P/N 049-20-1001 ($179)
Race Tech linear springs, 1.0kg, for 2013 FXDB - P/N FRSP S4430100 ($129, hd forum members get 10% discount)
Lucas 5wt Fork Oil, 2qt, ($13 shipped total for both on Amazon)

The above parts were recommended by Brian at Ricor, based on my rider weight of 195 w/ gear and riding style (agressive). You could go with a .95kg spring if you want slightly less stiffness.

Install:
Drain fork oil, remove stock prelaod spacer and springs. Drop-in the Ricor and new springs, then modify the preload spacer. You want 1" of preload on the spacer, so you will need to cut the stock spacer.

With the shock top bolts off, Ricors and Race Tech springs installed and preload spacer sticking out of top, mark the preload spacer right at the top line of shock tube - cut the preload spacers (or make new ones) so the spacer is sitting level with top of fork tube uncompressed. Then the put on the fork tube bolt, it is about 7/8" long so it will give you about 1" of preload on the spacer.

Fork oil- 1.6 qt total, that's .8qt per fork. Brian says the newer bikes after 09 should use 5wt oil, and bikes from 06-09 should use 10wt. this applies to all 49mm fork tubes.

So a benefit from going this route is you do not need to remove your fork tubes from bike, and you do not need to remove or drill out the stock damper. Seems like it should be relatively easy to do and the cost is not bad.

I'll let everyone know how it went after I've installed and tested.

For the Rear shock, Brian recommended the Works softail shock as a good match to the front. Although talking to Works really pissed me off, I guess I'll have to suck it up and order one of their rears.
I emailed Ricor off their website contact form and got no reply at all. That was a few weeks ago.

Quick Reply: The Everything Breakout Thread