Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-13-2015, 01:41 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Everything Breakout! Find out everything you need to know! Some topics include:

• Customizing you bike
• Seats
• Risers
• And much more!

For more information check out these threads:More Threads
Print Wikipost

The Everything Breakout Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2015, 10:57 PM
cdonis
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 296 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by LA_Dog
Thanks HVG - Yeh the carbon fiber was a bit of a last minute addition- i had some extra 3M DiNoc vinyl carbon fiber left over and wrapped the stock chrome piece to see what it would look like - actually came out nicer than i expected. I might wrap the rest of it cause I hate that cheap rubber above and below it. you can put that 3m vinyl on just about anything and it looks pretty legit.

BTW how are you liking your SE204 cams? I think cams are next on my list with a controller.
if i was going with any screaming eagle cam kit it would be the 204. There are quite a handful of aftermarket cams that will out perform but it is a good cam. I did my stage 2 and its a blast to ride! I opted for aftermarket, no regrets.

Old 03-09-2015, 03:28 AM
pyrorico
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am really looking forward to my Fbomb exhaust getting here now...

Old 03-09-2015, 07:09 AM
Alain
Elite HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by jtaliani
Still haven't gotten mine installed yet, but wanted to share a sound clip that someone just posted. It's the F-Bomb on an 883. It gives a really good cross-section of sound. I have to say, after hearing that clip, I'm more excited then ever to get this set installed. They sound amazing to me. Nice deep mean growl without being obnoxious.

http://youtu.be/ZY0-CeVuwU0
That sounds really nice! And it's kn a smaller sportster engine. It should sound much better on a 103 inch motor, or even on my 96 motor.

I'm gonna wait till I hear it on a softail before I make up my mind about it.

Old 03-09-2015, 07:17 AM
jtaliani
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Alain
That sounds really nice! And it's kn a smaller sportster engine. It should sound much better on a 103 inch motor, or even on my 96 motor.

I'm gonna wait till I hear it on a softail before I make up my mind about it.
If someone else doesn't beat me to it, I'll try and get a decent clip on my 110 as soon as it's mounted.

Old 03-10-2015, 04:33 PM
mp_2009
6th Gear
Default Error Code question??

Went to take the bike out today flipped the ignition on and i got this message saying buserr and that's it and keeps turning the lights off and on then flashing the code again kinda lost at what to do about this it literally wont do anything but keep flashing that buserr message tried pulling the main fuse and disconnecting the battery with no such luck. 2014 breakout

Old 03-10-2015, 04:43 PM
Pigbacon
Road Captain

Originally Posted by mp_2009
Went to take the bike out today flipped the ignition on and i got this message saying buserr and that's it and keeps turning the lights off and on then flashing the code again kinda lost at what to do about this it literally wont do anything but keep flashing that buserr message tried pulling the main fuse and disconnecting the battery with no such luck. 2014 breakout

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...38-bus-er.html

Warranty!

Old 03-10-2015, 04:59 PM
mp_2009
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Pigbacon

Haha soooo basically load it up and take it in huh?

Old 03-10-2015, 05:52 PM
LA_Dog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 185 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by mp_2009
Hmm-- maybe the BO thinks it is one of them thar Hayabuserr's?

I'd definitely call dealer and talk to service. sorry to hear about the issue-

Old 03-11-2015, 06:19 PM
oifcmb24
6th Gear

So at 1000 miles, my breakout went in for service and also to get checked for a motor issue. Apparently the rear cylinder is toast. A valve got stuck and the oil was bleeding off preventing it from getting proper lubrication. The motor is in pieces at the shop waiting for new parts to come in. Since it's all apart and all under warranty, I decided to go ahead and drop some cash on getting the heads ported and polished, new cams. They said they need to put in adjustable push rods due to clearing issues when they raise the compression. As of right now, I'm going with the S&S 510C cams. Anybody have any experience with these? Are they good to go or should I be getting a different cam? I want more power but I'm mainly looking to bump up the torque.

Old 03-11-2015, 06:29 PM
cdonis
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 296 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by oifcmb24
So at 1000 miles, my breakout went in for service and also to get checked for a motor issue. Apparently the rear cylinder is toast. A valve got stuck and the oil was bleeding off preventing it from getting proper lubrication. The motor is in pieces at the shop waiting for new parts to come in. Since it's all apart and all under warranty, I decided to go ahead and drop some cash on getting the heads ported and polished, new cams. They said they need to put in adjustable push rods due to clearing issues when they raise the compression. As of right now, I'm going with the S&S 510C cams. Anybody have any experience with these? Are they good to go or should I be getting a different cam? I want more power but I'm mainly looking to bump up the torque.
Imo since you are porting and polishing the heads, if it were me id look at some different cams. I went with the s and s mr103 cams in chain drive, adj pushrods and s and s lifters. You can probably just use the stock lifters as they are new. Take a look at my sheet and keep in mind this is with stock compression, and no headwork.I believe all three cams i will suggest to you will really pop with 10.1 compression and headwork. Do some research before you leap. Here are a two others that will work....TMAN 555 torqster, andrews 57h,

Attached Thumbnails The Everything Breakout Thread-0119151902-463x640-.jpg  

Last edited by cdonis; 03-11-2015 at 06:34 PM.

Quick Reply: The Everything Breakout Thread