Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-13-2015, 01:41 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Everything Breakout! Find out everything you need to know! Some topics include:

• Customizing you bike
• Seats
• Risers
• And much more!

For more information check out these threads:More Threads
Print Wikipost

The Everything Breakout Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2015, 02:17 PM
redeye93
Road Master
Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by LA_Dog
What's up brothers- Hope the road is treating you well. Just a few updates to share on the Breakout, installed a Primo Rivera Phase 3 headlight, classic bar-shield tank badges (was rolling with no badges since the custom paint job), and carbon fiber on the dash trim and gas cap.

Great looking ride. I like what you did with it. I like your swingarm bag. Which one is it and price if you don't mind. Thanks!

Old 03-07-2015, 08:17 PM
LA_Dog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 185 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by Highthere
I just removed my front turn signals, now my right rear turn signal doesn't flash. The dash shows the signal flashing, but the bulb doesn't blink. I also changed my grips; I'm thinking maybe I screwed something up in the switch housing since the left signal works. Any ideas?
It may just be a coincidence - try wiggling the rear bulb while you have the right turn on, it may just be a bad connection on the bulb pins.

Be sure you insulated the clipped wires well, and they are not shorting to each other. if you stuffed the clipped wires back into the handlebar control housing, you could accidentally have some of the cut wire end sticking through and touching metal. I use heat shrink over my cut wire ends always.

If wiggling the bulb does not do it- pull the bulb and use a 12v tester to see if you are getting hot on the turn pin inside the socket. if so then it could just be a bad bulb. not the first time odd coincidences happen, especially with electrical. if you don't have a tester pull your left bulb and put it in the right socket cuz you know that bulb works.

Old 03-07-2015, 08:57 PM
LA_Dog
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Alain
That carbon fiber is a nice touch. Front wheels looks killer. What's up with the rear wheel? They don't make it in that size? It would complete the look nicely.
Yeh they make one but I'm presently happy with the stock rear. it's also easier to keep clean. maybe later during my next attack of"upgrade-itis"

Old 03-07-2015, 09:01 PM
LA_Dog
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by redeye93
Great looking ride. I like what you did with it. I like your swingarm bag. Which one is it and price if you don't mind. Thanks!
Thanks- I paid $60 for it on ebay- it was some guy in Sweden, i honestly don't know who makes it / just lucked out

Old 03-07-2015, 09:02 PM
LA_Dog
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Harleyvetteguy
I'm using an FP3. Just rode her today and so far I am truly impressed. I'm still breaking her in so I can't really get on her but I was very impressed today. Plenty of torque. The download that V&H sent seems to be perfect thus far. I may not even do an auto tune it's running so well.
Thanks for the info!

Old 03-08-2015, 10:41 AM
LA_Dog
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by redeye93
I found another of the skull solo bag on ebay, but damn it's a bit on the pricey side - UK seller. although it is pretty good quality- the leather is thick and the design is well done. good stitching, good buckle, good fitment and it has two slim pockets inside for reg papers.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Top-Leather-...c9e439&vxp=mtr

I would recommend using heavy duty zip ties to mount it to swingarm instead of the leather straps- much tighter mount that way. what I did was slide the leather straps over the zip ties to cover them up so it looks nicer. if you get one you'll know what I mean- use zip ties through the back loops to attach to swingarm, then slide the included leather straps through the loops over the zip ties as a cover to hide zip ties.

Old 03-08-2015, 01:37 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Careful, them zip ties might chew up the swim arm. Put some of that clear 3m tape on the swing arm before you put the zip ties on.

Old 03-08-2015, 04:48 PM
LA_Dog
Outstanding HDF Member

Careful, them zip ties might chew up the swim arm. Put some of that clear 3m tape on the swing arm before you put the zip ties on.
good point indeed- I actually have a roll of the good Venture Shield stuff so I'll cut some bands.

Old 03-08-2015, 09:49 PM
jtaliani
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ah !! I see said the blind man.

Well let's get on with it mang! Get them bad boys on and make them sing.
Still haven't gotten mine installed yet, but wanted to share a sound clip that someone just posted. It's the F-Bomb on an 883. It gives a really good cross-section of sound. I have to say, after hearing that clip, I'm more excited then ever to get this set installed. They sound amazing to me. Nice deep mean growl without being obnoxious.

Old 03-08-2015, 10:37 PM
NSR
Road Captain
Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

...sounds alot like a Cessna at about 0:30.

lol

Actually, I'm looking forward to seeing how this pipe works out for you guys. It's one of the few 2-into-1's that "look right".

Quick Reply: The Everything Breakout Thread