Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-13-2015, 01:41 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Everything Breakout! Find out everything you need to know! Some topics include:

• Customizing you bike
• Seats
• Risers
• And much more!

For more information check out these threads:More Threads
Print Wikipost

The Everything Breakout Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2015, 10:23 AM
Harleyvetteguy
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

[QUOTE=liamw76;13729708]
Originally Posted by Harleyvetteguy
Just installed mine today. They are from topdownproducts.com. I've got the rotoplate on the left and this on the right. I also have them on the front. I bought the harley axle bolt covers but going to take them back. You have to remove the rear axle to install those. The topdownproducts bolt covers installs without removing the rear axle.

[IMG]https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.hdforums.com-vbulletin/2000x1

looking good. Got any pics of the roto plate install?
Here a a couple of pics that I took yesterday. I can get a closer shot for you later if you need it. I bought both the swing arm mount and the axle mount because I was unsure which I would want to use. Both are quality parts. I ended up using the axle mount so I could use a swing arm bag.

Old 02-21-2015, 11:33 PM
sothai
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V&H Straightshots HS ONLY..?

As my AN Big Sucker appears to be lost in the post, can anyone tell me if there is a downside/problem with fitting the slip-ons alone for now (max 2 months) until a replacement air cleaner is delivered? (what does the "HS" stand for, btw?)

On a completely separate note, I just did 80Km with the new Danny Gray reduced reach seat fitted and that is my problem solved - absolutely fabulous and worth every cent.

No handle bar/cable change required. Slightly disappointed with the unbelievably crappy zinc plated washer that is supplied for the rear retaining bolt, but that's easily changed.

Just need the matching ***** pad now to stop the Mrs. moaning.

Last edited by sothai; 02-21-2015 at 11:36 PM.
Old 02-22-2015, 03:53 AM
sothai
Tourer

What's the best product for Chrome protection that you guys use please?

Old 02-22-2015, 12:22 PM
cdonis
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 296 Likes on 240 Posts

Anyone have a problem with their ign Switch. This morning i went to fire the bike and the switch is very stiff going from lock to unlock. Then the key was hard to get out of the lock. I guess ill take it in to see if i can get a new one under warranty.

Old 02-22-2015, 04:02 PM
FurryOne
Road Master
Received 127 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by sothai
Notwithstanding everyone's reassurances, that side stand still does my head in.

Question, has anyone had, or know of someone who has had their bike fall over on that stand?
I had mine go over right in my garage. I'd just rode in, shut it off and set the stand, and then the bike moved slightly and the stand kicked out. I caught it, but it's not something I wanted to repeat, so IO;m very careful to make sure it's locked nowadays. I was hoping that the No Toil upgrade would work on the Breakout, but they only mention FL's.

Old 02-22-2015, 08:19 PM
sothai
Tourer

Originally Posted by FurryOne
I had mine go over right in my garage. I'd just rode in, shut it off and set the stand, and then the bike moved slightly and the stand kicked out. I caught it, but it's not something I wanted to repeat, so IO;m very careful to make sure it's locked nowadays. I was hoping that the No Toil upgrade would work on the Breakout, but they only mention FL's.
I QA riding with a mate yesterday and he said he knew of a few cases of them falling over.

So, is there a longer and mor forward leaning stand than can replace the stock one?

Old 02-22-2015, 08:31 PM
08shelbyss
3rd Gear

I love your bike and shop. Where did you get those tail lights? what did you use to paint the bolts on your fender struts?

Tannks

Old 02-23-2015, 10:07 AM
Harleyvetteguy
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 08shelbyss
I love your bike and shop. Where did you get those tail lights? what did you use to paint the bolts on your fender struts?

Tannks

Thanks. The tail light lenses are from Hawglenses.com. The tail light housings are powder coated stock housings. As far as the bolts go, I just cleaned them very well and used some Krylon flat black spray paint. Once installed I just used a small paint brush to coat any paint removed from the wrench.

Old 02-23-2015, 11:33 AM
sothai
Tourer
Default Flush-mount pop-up gas caps.

I've been told by a local indie that these can be leaky.

Any input chaps and chapesses?

TIA!
Gavin

Old 02-23-2015, 01:00 PM
mseymour3
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sothai
I've been told by a local indie that these can be leaky.

Any input chaps and chapesses?

TIA!
Gavin
Just installed mine a week or two ago while the bike sits in the garage and will not be able to ride for a while due to weather. But judging from the fit on the install I don't see much water fitting in the tiny gap between the top of the cap and trim piece. It fits as well if not better than the stock cap.

Michael

Quick Reply: The Everything Breakout Thread