Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-13-2015, 01:41 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Everything Breakout! Find out everything you need to know! Some topics include:

• Customizing you bike
• Seats
• Risers
• And much more!

For more information check out these threads:More Threads
Print Wikipost

The Everything Breakout Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2015, 08:52 AM
NSR
Road Captain
Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Nostradamus74
Found the pics of a BO with a 7' headlight on the net. Matter of taste but I find it a little "bulky" for the BO profile. I'd keep the stock 5 3/4 headlight either adding a chromed shell (like CVO one) or swapping with a billet chromed alu shell, in both cases adding LED light. Other solution might be a Thunderbike headlight if you like the design.
Regarding blinkers just ordered a few days ago MBW Wrap Around LED Turn Signals to install just below the upper triple tree. If you wish to clean up a bit the handlebars these might be a good solution.

Hey, good find Nos...thanks for posting the fotos. I agree - that 7" light looks too big. So, I'm off to find a chromed steel 5 3/4 bucket...

Those signals look interesting, but I'm going to try the Primo LED since I have it already.

Old 01-28-2015, 09:04 AM
Goldsgym
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NSR
Has anyone tried a 7" headlight on their Breakout? I'm wondering how it'd look....? I got to this question by mistake...kinda...

I want to clean up the bars a little. Getting rid of the HD signals is the obvious, simple thing to try first, but I like the idea of having some kind of front signals. To get there, I bought a 5 3/4 LED lamp w/ built in signals from Primo.

I also dislike the black HD headlight bucket, so I bought a chromed aluminum 5 3/4 Adjure bucket off some Amazon seller. I've decided that I don't really care for the Adjure bucket.

A chrome version of the black factory HD bucket would be GTG.

So, before I scour the intarwebnets for a chrome 5 3/4 bucket, I'm wondering if anyone has switched to a 7" headlamp. If so, post some pics!
I put the seven inch primo on, looks good. I just got it back last night from PC a bunch of stuff and other stuff. So no pics yet. I'll post some in the next few days

Old 01-28-2015, 09:25 AM
NSR
Road Captain

Originally Posted by mseymour3
I'm looking for a new headlight shell too. But instead of going with a 7" headlamp I'm going to get a black bullet style headlight. I want to keep my daymaker, though, so I need to find a shell that the daymaker will fit.

Michael

You interested in a chromed aluminum bullet bucket that you can have powder coated or painted black? The Primo LED I have fits into it, so the Daymaker should fit too. I never mounted the parts on my bike - just put the Primo LED into the bucket.

This is it:

http://www.adjureinc.com/hb51211.html

I'll sell it for 150 bucks. I'll toss in the mounting block kits I ordered separately. PM me - let me know.

Old 01-28-2015, 10:23 AM
mseymour3
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NSR
You interested in a chromed aluminum bullet bucket that you can have powder coated or painted black? The Primo LED I have fits into it, so the Daymaker should fit too. I never mounted the parts on my bike - just put the Primo LED into the bucket.

This is it:

http://www.adjureinc.com/hb51211.html

I'll sell it for 150 bucks. I'll toss in the mounting block kits I ordered separately. PM me - let me know.
Have any pictures of it on your bike?

Michael

Old 01-28-2015, 10:50 AM
NSR
Road Captain

Originally Posted by mseymour3
Have any pictures of it on your bike?

Michael

Going to PM...

Old 01-29-2015, 02:15 PM
youraemoo
Intermediate

Yes I'm planning to make more mods, but that's next project, for now, more cosmetic upgrades.

Originally Posted by Msmall
Sounds nice.

Can you post a full pic of the Dyno printout. It just shows peak which doesn't really tell torque curve.

Also, do you have a pre install dyno sheet printed.

Dyno reading range so much from Dyno tk Dyno. Without the pre/post it's really hard to gauge increases.

Even if you don't have it the tuner may.

Looking forward to seeing what you have. 211 is an interesting choice, cool to see someone doing something different. How did you end up going with the 211. Even Andrews told me it would be a good fit for the 103

Are you planning future modes. Maintained stock conpression? Do you change out lifters?

Last edited by youraemoo; 01-29-2015 at 02:17 PM. Reason: Adding attachment
Old 01-29-2015, 02:18 PM
youraemoo
Intermediate

Originally Posted by youraemoo
Yes I'm planning to make more mods, but that's next project, for now, more cosmetic upgrades.

Old 01-29-2015, 07:48 PM
Goldsgym
Cruiser

Originally Posted by NSR
Has anyone tried a 7" headlight on their Breakout? I'm wondering how it'd look....? I got to this question by mistake...kinda...

I want to clean up the bars a little. Getting rid of the HD signals is the obvious, simple thing to try first, but I like the idea of having some kind of front signals. To get there, I bought a 5 3/4 LED lamp w/ built in signals from Primo.

I also dislike the black HD headlight bucket, so I bought a chromed aluminum 5 3/4 Adjure bucket off some Amazon seller. I've decided that I don't really care for the Adjure bucket.

A chrome version of the black factory HD bucket would be GTG.

So, before I scour the intarwebnets for a chrome 5 3/4 bucket, I'm wondering if anyone has switched to a 7" headlamp. If so, post some pics!

Here you go

Old 01-29-2015, 08:23 PM
NSR
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Goldsgym
Here you go

HA! Thanks!

Hey, what tool bag is that?

Old 01-29-2015, 08:31 PM
Goldsgym
Cruiser