Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-13-2015, 01:41 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Everything Breakout! Find out everything you need to know! Some topics include:

• Customizing you bike
• Seats
• Risers
• And much more!

For more information check out these threads:More Threads
Print Wikipost

The Everything Breakout Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2015, 06:55 AM
ramboridin
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 24v
Thanks for the info and holy bejezzus That's expensive, well so much for that ha guess I'll just settle for some thunderheaders then

Old 01-25-2015, 11:27 AM
EagleRay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by ramboridin
Thanks for the info and holy bejezzus That's expensive, well so much for that ha guess I'll just settle for some thunderheaders then
It's so expensive 'cause it's not just slip-ons. Those J&Hs come with a 'sound management system' to comply with European noise emission regulations...It actually is a very clever concept but not cheap at all...my KessTech exhaust uses a very similar technique.

Old 01-27-2015, 07:22 PM
Pigbacon
Road Captain

Fenders came in today..... Cant wait to get them slapped on and colors splattered on them! Just confused as to which color to go with. Black ones are my old ones.

Old 01-27-2015, 10:21 PM
NSR
Road Captain
Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts
Default Headlights

Has anyone tried a 7" headlight on their Breakout? I'm wondering how it'd look....? I got to this question by mistake...kinda...

I want to clean up the bars a little. Getting rid of the HD signals is the obvious, simple thing to try first, but I like the idea of having some kind of front signals. To get there, I bought a 5 3/4 LED lamp w/ built in signals from Primo.

I also dislike the black HD headlight bucket, so I bought a chromed aluminum 5 3/4 Adjure bucket off some Amazon seller. I've decided that I don't really care for the Adjure bucket.

A chrome version of the black factory HD bucket would be GTG.

So, before I scour the intarwebnets for a chrome 5 3/4 bucket, I'm wondering if anyone has switched to a 7" headlamp. If so, post some pics!

Old 01-27-2015, 11:52 PM
BMM48
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All, my last post in this thread with my current Breakout...

My Breakout has gone to a new home after I received a ridiculously good offer for it and I've decided to start a whole new project with a Road Glide that I'm going to take a few months off work and ride around the US on.

It's been a pleasure on the Softail forum and a big call out to all those that helped me along the way building my bike.

Stay safe and no doubt I will be back on a Softail soon enough.

Cheers.

Old 01-28-2015, 01:36 AM
Nostradamus74
Road Captain
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by NSR
Has anyone tried a 7" headlight on their Breakout? I'm wondering how it'd look....? I got to this question by mistake...kinda...

I want to clean up the bars a little. Getting rid of the HD signals is the obvious, simple thing to try first, but I like the idea of having some kind of front signals. To get there, I bought a 5 3/4 LED lamp w/ built in signals from Primo.

I also dislike the black HD headlight bucket, so I bought a chromed aluminum 5 3/4 Adjure bucket off some Amazon seller. I've decided that I don't really care for the Adjure bucket.

So, before I scour the intarwebnets for a chrome 5 3/4 bucket, I'm wondering if anyone has switched to a 7" headlamp. If so, post some pics!

Found the pics of a BO with a 7' headlight on the net. Matter of taste but I find it a little "bulky" for the BO profile. I'd keep the stock 5 3/4 headlight either adding a chromed shell (like CVO one) or swapping with a billet chromed alu shell, in both cases adding LED light. Other solution might be a Thunderbike headlight if you like the design.
Regarding blinkers just ordered a few days ago MBW Wrap Around LED Turn Signals to install just below the upper triple tree. If you wish to clean up a bit the handlebars these might be a good solution.

Attached Thumbnails The Everything Breakout Thread-2013-thunderbike-harley-triple-8-7.jpg   The Everything Breakout Thread-bo7.jpg   The Everything Breakout Thread-mbw1.jpg  
Old 01-28-2015, 01:41 AM
Nostradamus74
Road Captain
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Pigbacon
Fenders came in today..... Cant wait to get them slapped on and colors splattered on them! Just confused as to which color to go with. Black ones are my old ones.

Keep the black color! If you're planning to have a custom paint job for all the tins I'd keep the black as base color to match the frame and engine color, otherwise if you'll keep stock tank I guess you're obliged to have fenders painted in vivid black too.
In any case...black!

Old 01-28-2015, 07:19 AM
mseymour3
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NSR

I'm looking for a new headlight shell too. But instead of going with a 7" headlamp I'm going to get a black bullet style headlight. I want to keep my daymaker, though, so I need to find a shell that the daymaker will fit.

Michael

Old 01-28-2015, 07:54 AM
Tyler13
Novice

How come when I try to look at these kind of pictures it says I'm not allowed? I'm referring to the picture on page 202 that Nostradamus74 posted.

Old 01-28-2015, 07:56 AM
mseymour3
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Tyler13
How come when I try to look at these kind of pictures it says I'm not allowed?
You need a few more posts first.

Michael

Quick Reply: The Everything Breakout Thread