Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-13-2015, 01:41 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Everything Breakout! Find out everything you need to know! Some topics include:

• Customizing you bike
• Seats
• Risers
• And much more!

For more information check out these threads:More Threads
Print Wikipost

The Everything Breakout Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2015, 05:16 AM
sothai
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So 10 degrees is the max then?

How much are they from Dennis Kirk?

IS that a Goodridge brake line Mark?

Old 01-11-2015, 05:46 AM
HKMark23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,940 Likes on 1,116 Posts

Originally Posted by sothai
So 10 degrees is the max then?

How much are they from Dennis Kirk?

IS that a Goodridge brake line Mark?
10 deg is the max I've seen (DK only lists 5 deg on their site now). Google

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/l...its-for-harley

86 bux

Brake line was from HD.

Last edited by HKMark23; 01-11-2015 at 05:50 AM.
Old 01-11-2015, 05:55 AM
sothai
Tourer

I like the Diamond Black series, but I'm waiting until I've settled on a bar/riser setup before I pull the trigger on those. Again, horrendous prices here.

Old 01-11-2015, 09:11 AM
JimGnitecki
Stellar HDF Member
Received 402 Likes on 265 Posts

Originally Posted by sothai
Ok, just back from (don't laugh) a 50Km run on almost good roads.

Dare I say it but I might, just, be getting used to this bike. I say just, as I could still do with an inch or so less reach.

Ok, I can spend the cash and change the seat, but I'd like to know if anyone here has had the stock seat modified with good results? I'm thinking of some of the front packing removed and a tad more in the rear to bring me forward that inch.

On the other hand, has anyone fitted the angled spacers under the risers? Surely I could gain 1 to 1 ½ inches doing that, no?

Any input appreciated!
I would advise against removing any of the foam from the front of the seat - it is already super thin in order to get that low profile and low seat. I had an HD "Reach" seat modded to add a gel pad, and the custom seat maker who did it showed me how thin the foam was at the front. It was barely there. If you take any more out, you'll feel like you are riding a hard tail.

I needed to get more forward and also wanted more padding, and went with a Corbin seat that is better padded. It's covered earlier in this thread.

Jim G

Old 01-11-2015, 12:21 PM
EagleRay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 96 Posts

Ok, just back from (don't laugh) a 50Km run on almost good roads.

Dare I say it but I might, just, be getting used to this bike. I say just, as I could still do with an inch or so less reach.

Ok, I can spend the cash and change the seat, but I'd like to know if anyone here has had the stock seat modified with good results? I'm thinking of some of the front packing removed and a tad more in the rear to bring me forward that inch.

On the other hand, has anyone fitted the angled spacers under the risers? Surely I could gain 1 to 1 ½ inches doing that, no?

Any input appreciated!
Originally Posted by JimGnitecki
I would advise against removing any of the foam from the front of the seat - it is already super thin in order to get that low profile and low seat. I had an HD "Reach" seat modded to add a gel pad, and the custom seat maker who did it showed me how thin the foam was at the front. It was barely there. If you take any more out, you'll feel like you are riding a hard tail.

I needed to get more forward and also wanted more padding, and went with a Corbin seat that is better padded. It's covered earlier in this thread.

Jim G

I actually had a stock seat reworked to make my solo seat from it. Doing this the front was cut shorter by appr. 1.75 in and the padding was thinned down. Did that 'cause I don't like the stock seat sitting rather on top of the tank and the tank dash I put on.

This mod works very well for me as my the overall shape/padding was lowered and a gel pad added to mitigate the loss of foam and give me a tad more back support. Eventually this moved my slightly down and back which is what I intended.

Actually the loss of padding in the very front tip of the seat won't ever bother you as you'll never ever sit there

Last edited by EagleRay; 01-11-2015 at 12:28 PM.
Old 01-11-2015, 12:50 PM
professorzoogy
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hell....that turned out nice !

Old 01-11-2015, 02:40 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Yeah dude. That seat looks the business. I love that stitch pattern

Old 01-11-2015, 06:10 PM
DaSandmanCometh
Intermediate

Hi, kinda new to the forum and have been reading through this thread (on pg 69) to get my knowledge up and have a couple questions to ask. Maybe these have already been asked and I haven't got these yet, so if so please forgive me.

1st question is how do you take the rear turn signal plugs apart and what's the terminal PN for the terminal needed for that plug as well. I'm adding a stand alone break light under the fender and I found that the unused wire in the plug is just for the brake and I'd like to use the stock plug if possible.

2nd question is how hard is it to take the oil tank off? I'd like to get that painted to make the bike. And along with that, will that work with the hot oil running through it? I don't want to paint it just to have the hot oil ruin it.

Thanks in advance.

Old 01-11-2015, 06:59 PM
rodrocket
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Nostradamus74
Rod, saw that Bullet spoiler once installed on a CVO BO but not sure if they needed to work on it to make it fit, it was only a pic. Guess you'll have to bite the bullet as I did and try installing. HD spoilers, normally, might have some issues installing if you have ABS equipped Softails.
In your case the Bullet spoiler shouldn't interfere with the ABS module so if you're lucky it might even been a bolt on mod.

thanks for the follow up, I will give it a go in the next few weeks, fingers crossed

regards
Rod

Old 01-11-2015, 09:44 PM
sothai
Tourer

I hear what you're saying Jim, can't risk any damage to the Crown Jewels now, can we? ;-)

I'll go with those 10 degree spacers off Amazon then and make seats decisions after that.

Mark, were the stock cables still good after fitting the spacers?

Quick Reply: The Everything Breakout Thread