Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-13-2015, 01:41 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Everything Breakout! Find out everything you need to know! Some topics include:

• Customizing you bike
• Seats
• Risers
• And much more!

For more information check out these threads:More Threads
Print Wikipost

The Everything Breakout Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2014, 10:30 PM
youraemoo
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimstang
Great vid and the whole bike looks killer man.
So close to that 100 mark.

Plus.. It was a biiiiig jump from stock.. I have another Dyno vid when it was stock... 67.5 :/

So was happy with my 95 lol

Old 12-29-2014, 10:33 PM
youraemoo
Intermediate

Originally Posted by goldsgym
what did they set your rev limiter at?

Old 12-30-2014, 01:11 AM
rodrocket
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by FurryOne
I also got HD's aux switch housing for the left controls, and moved my Shotgun Shock switches there.

I replaced the crossover with Harley's nice braided one. (I wonder if Magnum made that for them?)

Maybe some photos later.

Have you got any close up pics of the Aux switch housing & also a part number for the Fuel Tank Crossover

regards
Rod

Old 12-30-2014, 12:34 PM
deadleg
Stage I
Default risers

Originally Posted by tgrisko
I made some 1.75" risers from aluminum. You can build your own using 1.75" stock.... a little elbow grease... and the payoff... a more comfortable riding position....

Here is the link to my thread...

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...love-them.html

1.75" is the MAX I recommend due to cable/wiring lengths...
Hey iam new to this pags and i was looking for some risers also how much do u sell them for?

Old 12-30-2014, 02:30 PM
Dean2014
4th Gear
Default Fuel Tank / Power Disconnection

Hi, I'm fairly new to the HDForums and I own a 2013 Breakout in the UK.

I'm about to install CVO handle bars, Freedom Performance Exhaust and the quick release pillion set up.

I was following the HD manual in where you need to purge the fuel lines of high fuel pressure by disconnecting the pump, unfortunately this didn't work as the bike sense the connector was off the fuel tank and won't allow me to start the bike. Do I simply just disconnect the line anyway or is there an alternative method to depressurise the fuel line.

Also I read somewhere that before you disconnect the main 40 amp (then battery), you are suppose to have the ignition turned on with the key fob (Immobiliser / Alarm) nearby, is this true?

Old 12-30-2014, 03:33 PM
Jimstang
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Dean2014
Hi, I'm fairly new to the HDForums and I own a 2013 Breakout in the UK.

I'm about to install CVO handle bars, Freedom Performance Exhaust and the quick release pillion set up.

I was following the HD manual in where you need to purge the fuel lines of high fuel pressure by disconnecting the pump, unfortunately this didn't work as the bike sense the connector was off the fuel tank and won't allow me to start the bike. Do I simply just disconnect the line anyway or is there an alternative method to depressurise the fuel line.

Also I read somewhere that before you disconnect the main 40 amp (then battery), you are suppose to have the ignition turned on with the key fob (Immobiliser / Alarm) nearby, is this true?

Welcome aboard. Maybe I'm missing something...you are installing exhaust, bars and a pillion seat? Why do you need to depressurize and isolate the fuel system?

As for the battery disconnect. I have disconnected mine a number of times with the ignition in the 'OFF' position. I did have the key fob with me because I installed the smart siren II and the alarm is loud as hell. When you disconnect the battery, the alarm system thinks it's being tampered with if the key fob isn't near.

Old 12-30-2014, 04:51 PM
Dean2014
4th Gear
Default Fuel Tank / Power Disconnection

Hi Jimstang

With installing the CVO bars, I have to replace with the longer throttle cables in which I believe you need to remove the fuel tank to access the other end of the cables, also it gives you the chance to more out the electrical cables as well.

Old 12-30-2014, 09:13 PM
24v
Elite HDF Member
Received 706 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by Dean2014
Hi Jimstang

With installing the CVO bars, I have to replace with the longer throttle cables in which I believe you need to remove the fuel tank to access the other end of the cables, also it gives you the chance to more out the electrical cables as well.
You do not need to remove the tank, or the fuel line, nor the fuel crossover to install handlebars. You can remove the mounting bolts, and slide the tank back enough to get access.

Old 12-31-2014, 03:06 AM
Jimstang
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 24v
You do not need to remove the tank, or the fuel line, nor the fuel crossover to install handlebars. You can remove the mounting bolts, and slide the tank back enough to get access.
Good to know that there is a short cut.

And my bad, I didn't realise that the CVO bars required longer cables and extensions...figured there was a couple inches of difference but not that much.

Good luck with install Dean...hope everything goes well. Post up some pics too

Old 12-31-2014, 06:21 AM
Dean2014
4th Gear

Originally Posted by Jimstang
Good to know that there is a short cut.

And my bad, I didn't realise that the CVO bars required longer cables and extensions...figured there was a couple inches of difference but not that much.

Good luck with install Dean...hope everything goes well. Post up some pics too
Thanks for the advice 24v, that will save me a lot of hassle not having to drain fuel etc.

Jimstang, will post photos when done and yes the new cables are only couple of inches longer as the original will go very tight on full lock.

Quick Reply: The Everything Breakout Thread