Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-13-2015, 01:41 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Everything Breakout! Find out everything you need to know! Some topics include:

• Customizing you bike
• Seats
• Risers
• And much more!

For more information check out these threads:More Threads
Print Wikipost

The Everything Breakout Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2014, 04:58 PM
LucidBrkout
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey guys. I got my 2015 VB BO last week and was thinking of ways to make it something unique in town and something people just havent seen around yet (atleast in my area)

I got into hydrodipping about 2 years ago and did this to my Springfield XDS.

the pattern is called Kryptek Typhon, and they now make it in DIY Vehicle wrap kits... I will probably order a good 4-5 square feet and have a local pro wrap the rear fender just to see what it looks like and if i want to continue to wrap the tank. what do you guys think about the idea?

Also, what is the best/safest way to remove the HD tank emblems? are they just glue/double sided taped on to the tank?

EDIT: I did the photoshop...what do you guys think?

thanks

Last edited by LucidBrkout; 12-05-2014 at 05:29 PM.
Old 12-05-2014, 08:52 PM
cdonis
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 296 Likes on 240 Posts

i think hydro graphics are cool. Lots of options.

Old 12-05-2014, 09:00 PM
1004ron
Road Warrior
Received 47 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimstang
Just a couple small things this morning. Painted and cleared coated the seat bolts...after a quick wet sand with 3000 grit and some polish I'm pretty satisfied with how they turned out.
Also had a custom shift linkage made and it arrived in the mail today...hell yeah!
That sure is a smart looking unique custom link.

I think that it would have been even better with link ends seen on this one:
http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...ThiBoC-ffw_wcB

Old 12-06-2014, 10:10 AM
Jimstang
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LucidBrkout
Hey guys. I got my 2015 VB BO last week and was thinking of ways to make it something unique in town and something people just havent seen around yet (atleast in my area)

the pattern is called Kryptek Typhon, and they now make it in DIY Vehicle wrap kits... I will probably order a good 4-5 square feet and have a local pro wrap the rear fender just to see what it looks like and if i want to continue to wrap the tank. what do you guys think about the idea?

Also, what is the best/safest way to remove the HD tank emblems? are they just glue/double sided taped on to the tank?

thanks
I think that wrap will look cool and unique.
As for the tank emblems...dental floss or fishing line does the trick, a bit of heat gun also helps to soften up the adhesive tape. You can remove the residual adhesive with WD40. I took mine off and it was about a half hour job, they're pretty stubborn.

Old 12-06-2014, 10:29 AM
donnathedoc
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Breakout Gas Cap, problem getting it off, HELP!

Hi Everyone...We have our son's 2014 Breakout in our garage, he's deployed overseas in S. Korea. We keep it charged, etc., run it around to keep everything working. We wanted to check the gas and can't get the darn gas cap off. We don't want to force it, but wth, any advice is appreciated.
Thanks,
Donna

Old 12-06-2014, 12:46 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

thanks
I'd be interested in seeing that wrap. Would be different for sure

Old 12-06-2014, 01:51 PM
LucidBrkout
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by donnathedoc
Hi Everyone...We have our son's 2014 Breakout in our garage, he's deployed overseas in S. Korea. We keep it charged, etc., run it around to keep everything working. We wanted to check the gas and can't get the darn gas cap off. We don't want to force it, but wth, any advice is appreciated.
Thanks,
Donna
Donns, I just had this problem with my 2015 BO. I had to take it back to the dealer for them to take off. They replaced my cap with a new one.
I tried and tried. No budge. They used a rubber grip like youd use to open a jar sealed supper tight.

Old 12-06-2014, 02:46 PM
HKMark23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,940 Likes on 1,116 Posts

Donns, I just had this problem with my 2015 BO. I had to take it back to the dealer for them to take off. They replaced my cap with a new one.
I tried and tried. No budge. They used a rubber grip like youd use to open a jar sealed supper tight.
My 2014 BO had the same problem to a lesser degree till I replaced the cap. I've read where the paint (coating) in the tank mouth can be damaged (a warranty issue) if the cap remains in use despite the problem. Replace it. I'm sure the dealer will be eager to give you a new one.

Old 12-07-2014, 02:37 AM
NSR
Road Captain
Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by donnathedoc
Thanks,
Donna
Hello Donna,
Tell your son Hooah and thanks for serving!

About the gas cap ... try parking the bike out in the sun for a while, maybe 30 or 40 minutes, depending on how warm the day is. I had the same problem and this did the trick.

After you get the cap off, do yourselves a giant favor and get the Harley-Davidson flush gas cap from the dealer. That cap is 1000x better than the cap that comes on the bike.

Old 12-07-2014, 05:17 AM
Chelu565
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess that's a common problem with the breakouts, I brought my bike to the Local HD and all they did was apply some type of lube to the rubber seal on the gas cap. Been four months now with no issues. It was a free fix

Quick Reply: The Everything Breakout Thread