Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-13-2015, 01:41 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Everything Breakout! Find out everything you need to know! Some topics include:

• Customizing you bike
• Seats
• Risers
• And much more!

For more information check out these threads:More Threads
Print Wikipost

The Everything Breakout Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2014, 03:12 AM
BroTim
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Carbon Raptor is the name of a company that makes the coating I was talking about. It's thin and very durable so that your fork tubes can go into the wider part of the fork without scratching or messing up the seals. I liked it because most people don't do it, they just leave the tubes undone. And were not most people!

Old 01-18-2014, 03:17 AM
24v
Elite HDF Member
Received 704 Likes on 382 Posts

How much did it cost, and how long did it take?

Old 01-18-2014, 03:18 AM
BroTim
Advanced

Thanks Jeremy, I'm having fun with the Shotgun Shocks! I had to put the mirrors up because I was just seeing too much of my arms and too little of what was behind me.

Old 01-18-2014, 06:10 AM
Nostradamus74
Road Captain
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Looks great BroTim! Chrome swingarm matches perfectly wheels and rotors but I do confirm my previous opinion, at this point you should have chrome brake calipers and chrome rear brake caliper bracket. Your BO deserves them!

Old 01-18-2014, 06:11 AM
jweinsteiger
Cruiser

Originally Posted by cbaywolf
Also interested in how these change the look of the controls up front- I would love a side-view of how they look on the Breakout. And did you have to do anything with the wiring? I vaguely remember something about "SpacerJim's" spacers being OK with the 1", but I thought they said 1.5" was the absolute max reach for the cables without changing.
I will let you know I am waiting on Polyurethane Handlebar Riser Bushings before installing them about a week or so out. I will do some before and after shots then.

Old 01-18-2014, 06:17 AM
ducatirdr
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default LEDs and Shotgun Shocks

Originally Posted by BroTim
Third Pic
Those LED's look great. I am in the middle of a build on my new Breakout and am waiting for my ShotgunShock to arrive. I am looking at setting up LED's as well on my BO. I noticed that you mounted LEDs under the rear fender. If you don't mind sharing what LED's you used and how much space is there between the tire and fender when the wheel is fully slammed. I take it that there is no issues with rubbing the LED's off? Did you put one set on each side of the inner fender? Is the front done as well?

That green looks great with that gold metal flake.

Old 01-18-2014, 08:00 PM
BroTim
Advanced

24v, I don't remember, that was awhile ago. I know there are some local people who do it, just Google it for So. Cal..

I hear you Nostradamus, but Rome wasn't built in one day. I'm not done yet! Thanks for input, I appreciate it!

Custom Dynamics makes the LED's, no problem with them being in the way when slammed. They are on both sides of back fender. The front break caliper has an oval disk attached that shines the lights all the way around the rim, very cool. There is also a kit for the break and running lights, it's a strip of LEDs that go across and just under the top of the fender, it can also be turn signals but I didn't use it for that.

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 07-26-2015 at 05:47 PM.
Old 01-19-2014, 12:54 AM
Nostradamus74
Road Captain
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by BroTim
I hear you Nostradamus, but Rome wasn't built in one day. I'm not done yet! Thanks for input, I appreciate it!
You're right Bro, my city wasn't buildt in a day! Looking forward to having my bike at the same "stage" your is, but I'll have to be patient since I find all the parts, some of them have to be chromed in US, shipped, mounted.
Your BO is a beauty! Can you also post a pic of the left side of the bike to see how it looks like?

Last edited by Nostradamus74; 01-19-2014 at 01:00 AM.
Old 01-19-2014, 06:35 AM
psdj52
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Hey BroTim, I was wondering if you got your intake from Wimmer? It looks like one and if you said in an earlier post, I didn't see it. The reason I asked is I have been looking at them as well. I luv the look of the two hanging pistons. I have been debating on which one to go with. Any information would be great. Not sure since I have a CVO with throttle by wire if the same setup would work.

Old 01-19-2014, 08:47 AM
24v
Elite HDF Member
Received 704 Likes on 382 Posts

Originally Posted by psdj52
Hey BroTim, I was wondering if you got your intake from Wimmer? It looks like one and if you said in an earlier post, I didn't see it. The reason I asked is I have been looking at them as well. I luv the look of the two hanging pistons. I have been debating on which one to go with. Any information would be great. Not sure since I have a CVO with throttle by wire if the same setup would work.
The throttle by wire intakes are different. I have heard the opening in the throttle body is a different diameter, but have not been able to verify it.

Quick Reply: The Everything Breakout Thread