Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-13-2015, 01:41 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Everything Breakout! Find out everything you need to know! Some topics include:

• Customizing you bike
• Seats
• Risers
• And much more!

For more information check out these threads:More Threads
Print Wikipost

The Everything Breakout Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2014, 05:10 PM
24v
Elite HDF Member
Received 706 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by 89Speedy
It fits perfectly. Order the one for the Rocker and don't forget the passenger peg relocation kit. You'll need two to keep feet at same height.
There is no need to order the exhaust for the Rocker. The regular Softail fitment works fine and you will not need O2 sensor adapters like you will with the Rocker fitment.

Old 11-19-2014, 07:49 AM
BoomerChopper
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Harley_Charley
Hey brother good to see you on here and meet you last week. Your bike is coming along nice so keep at it. BTW, how's the wife liking her CVO Fat Boy?
She loves the fatbob. Its a little emasculating for the wife to have more displacement. I can take her off the line, but rolling along at 60, if her hand twitches, she rockets past me.

I saw that you are having some items powdercoated. I am looking to get a few more items blacked out. Do you have a guy in town that you recommend?

Old 11-19-2014, 08:57 PM
sincitychoppa
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 24v
Don't listen to V&H, the pipe bolts right on.
Hey 24v, what part number did you use for the big radius 2 into 1 pipe you have? Is this the black version? I wanted short shots, but I can find a conclusive answer from anyone on if they will work with out modifying the mount or O2 bung. You seem to know your **** and any advice use greatly appreciated. Thanks man.

Old 11-20-2014, 03:09 AM
UHDhog
Tourer
Received 86 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by sincitychoppa
Hey 24v, what part number did you use for the big radius 2 into 1 pipe you have? Is this the black version? I wanted short shots, but I can find a conclusive answer from anyone on if they will work with out modifying the mount or O2 bung. You seem to know your **** and any advice use greatly appreciated. Thanks man.
Short Shots work with no modifications. They bolt right up.

Old 11-20-2014, 06:15 AM
24v
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by sincitychoppa
I'm pretty sure any Vance and Hines Softail pipe will work. Just buy the fitment for 2011 and up Softails as they have smaller O2 sensors like the Breakout.

Old 11-20-2014, 06:29 AM
paulmj
Tourer
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

When I first started talking to my HD dealer, here in London, about my Breakout earlier in the year their line was that the only V&H that would fit was the BR 2 into 2. However, when I put the order in a month or so ago, they were content that they could fit the Short Shots with no problems. If the HD dealer is happy to fit the Short Shots then there can't be any dramas. Dealers are always keen to cover their back sides here in the UK and will rarely do anything that would put them in the frame if something went wrong. Must be good!!!

Old 11-20-2014, 01:17 PM
sincitychoppa
Cruiser

Originally Posted by UHDhog
Short Shots work with no modifications. They bolt right up.

Oh wow, it was to my understanding that the old rocker pipes were the ones that fit and Vance and Hines discontinued those. Can you please advise which pipes and what part number you used as I have been getting a lot of confusion going on. If I am able to use those pipes I will be totally stoked. I just want to make sure that it is a clean bolt on and no modifications have to be made.

Old 11-20-2014, 05:00 PM
24v
Elite HDF Member

sincitychoppa, as I have told you more than once in this thread, buy an exhaust for a 2011 or newer Softail. It really is that simple.

Old 11-20-2014, 06:24 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Lolol

Old 11-20-2014, 06:36 PM
sincitychoppa
Cruiser

Originally Posted by 24v
sincitychoppa, as I have told you more than once in this thread, buy an exhaust for a 2011 or newer Softail. It really is that simple.
I know you did for the big radius 2 into 1 fitment question I had. But I never like to assume it would be the same for a different type of exhaust and I just wanted to be sure before I cracked off the better part of $800 for the exhaust system.

Being presumptuous is not a smart way to conduct yourself if you like staying of out of trouble.

So thanks for the input on the 2 into 1 exhaust and the short shots, now I can be sure that the MOUNTING BACKET and o2 BUNGS are all the same for 2011+ Softails regardless o0n if it is a Big Radius or Shortshot.

I am sure you can understand where a newbie to Harleys would be confused as there are a lot of posts saying the "mount had to be modified" or that o2 Bungs had to be welded or adaptors used" I want to avoid all that **** and have a clean direct bolt on like it should be.

Last edited by sincitychoppa; 11-20-2014 at 06:38 PM.

Quick Reply: The Everything Breakout Thread