Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-13-2015, 01:41 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Everything Breakout! Find out everything you need to know! Some topics include:

• Customizing you bike
• Seats
• Risers
• And much more!

For more information check out these threads:More Threads
Print Wikipost

The Everything Breakout Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2014, 01:32 PM
Pigbacon
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stock seat re-worked by Allen at Mean City Cycles. Alligator cover. The picture doesn't do it justice. Thanks Allen!

Old 10-28-2014, 07:33 PM
FurryOne
Road Master
Received 127 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by jd_cincy
Stock bars and mirrors are useless, even for a 5'9", 155lb guy. Stock mirrors do work well with the CVO bars.
Tell you what - I was going to go with the "reduced reach" bars, but gambled on getting the "mini-apes" for my Breakout. What a frickin difference!!!! The apes make the Breakout seating position what it should have been, and the handling is much better. I'm 5'7", and had the riser spacers on the stock bars, and it still felt like I was always leaning over. I got the HD wiring extender, and went with Magnum Black Pearl 14"-over cables (which was about 2" too long - Magnum will change them to 12"-over for $10/cable) I also got HD's aux switch housing for the left controls, and moved my Shotgun Shock switches there. While I was running wiring I added power for my fan on the Jagg oil cooler, an additional wire to the High beam wire for the garage door opener, and a circuit for LED lighting (show-off crap), along with another circuit for power to my toolbag for charging stuff. (Whew!) Of course, I'd just filled my tank the day before I started and had to drain that. I replaced the crossover with Harley's nice braided one. (I wonder if Magnum made that for them?) Anyways, the apes are less buzzy than the drag bars, and I tend to use a lighter grip with them, which results in less hand fatigue. (HD cushion grips helped too) Maybe some photos later.

Oh, and the stock mirrors work great with the Apes!

Last edited by FurryOne; 10-28-2014 at 07:34 PM. Reason: additional info
Old 10-28-2014, 08:56 PM
Goldsgym
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Pigbacon

Stock seat re-worked by Allen at Mean City Cycles. Alligator cover. The picture doesn't do it justice. Thanks Allen!
looks good!

You think for $20k HD would give us better stock seats???????

Old 10-28-2014, 09:11 PM
thumper4fun
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Drop in a pic and let's see how it looks.

Originally Posted by FurryOne
Tell you what - I was going to go with the "reduced reach" bars, but gambled on getting the "mini-apes" for my Breakout. What a frickin difference!!!! The apes make the Breakout seating position what it should have been, and the handling is much better. I'm 5'7", and had the riser spacers on the stock bars, and it still felt like I was always leaning over. I got the HD wiring extender, and went with Magnum Black Pearl 14"-over cables (which was about 2" too long - Magnum will change them to 12"-over for $10/cable) I also got HD's aux switch housing for the left controls, and moved my Shotgun Shock switches there. While I was running wiring I added power for my fan on the Jagg oil cooler, an additional wire to the High beam wire for the garage door opener, and a circuit for LED lighting (show-off crap), along with another circuit for power to my toolbag for charging stuff. (Whew!) Of course, I'd just filled my tank the day before I started and had to drain that. I replaced the crossover with Harley's nice braided one. (I wonder if Magnum made that for them?) Anyways, the apes are less buzzy than the drag bars, and I tend to use a lighter grip with them, which results in less hand fatigue. (HD cushion grips helped too) Maybe some photos later.

Oh, and the stock mirrors work great with the Apes!

Old 10-28-2014, 09:27 PM
Pigbacon
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Goldsgym
looks good!

You think for $20k HD would give us better stock seats???????
Can't do that...that would be less money for their executives to pocket

Old 10-29-2014, 09:55 AM
Goldsgym
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Pigbacon
Can't do that...that would be less money for their executives to pocket
True dat

Old 10-29-2014, 03:47 PM
FurryOne
Road Master
Received 127 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by thumper4fun
Drop in a pic and let's see how it looks.
Not the best pics, but...

Attached Thumbnails The Everything Breakout Thread-img_0883.jpg   The Everything Breakout Thread-img_0884.jpg   The Everything Breakout Thread-img_0885.jpg  
Old 10-29-2014, 10:25 PM
jgos929
Road Warrior
Received 219 Likes on 87 Posts

Not ******* on your ride furry but IMO those bars just don't look right on that bike.

Old 10-30-2014, 03:48 AM
AF Poke
Novice

Originally Posted by jd_cincy
Stock bars and mirrors are useless, even for a 5'9", 155lb guy. Stock mirrors do work well with the CVO bars.
I fixed my stock mirror issue by adding Kuryakyn Mirror Stem Extenders (http://www.kuryakyn.com/Products/397...tenders)--they work great and the appearance is unobtrusive, IMO.

Old 10-30-2014, 05:29 AM
HKMark23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,940 Likes on 1,116 Posts

Originally Posted by jgos929
Not ******* on your ride furry but IMO those bars just don't look right on that bike.
IMHO, lower risers and a 3" tank lift improves the look. Love how the Breakout handles with apes.

Quick Reply: The Everything Breakout Thread