Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-13-2015, 01:41 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Everything Breakout! Find out everything you need to know! Some topics include:

• Customizing you bike
• Seats
• Risers
• And much more!

For more information check out these threads:More Threads
Print Wikipost

The Everything Breakout Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2014, 09:20 AM
mseymour3
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[QUOTE=Goldsgym;13338409]
Originally Posted by BMM48
Thanks dude. I like the Dakota speedo. The all black looks the goods and will look even better when they are in the black CVO risers next week. The red display is easy to read and all the info is clear and simple. Tacho works well and there is a lot of info readily available. Dims at night too. Basically, it's well priced, looks good (just my opinion of course!) and has all the info I could need.

I have also opted for the Woods 222 and they will go in next week once I have my new map from FM. Have you changed the cams?

It looks good, but I personally like having a needle for my tach.
I've been having a hard time choosing as well. I love the blacked out look of the Dakota but I think I'm leaning towards the Harley version to retain the needle.

Michael

Old 10-20-2014, 09:24 AM
JimGnitecki
Stellar HDF Member
Received 402 Likes on 265 Posts

[QUOTE=mseymour3;13338421]
Originally Posted by Goldsgym

I've been having a hard time choosing as well. I love the blacked out look of the Dakota but I think I'm leaning towards the Harley version to retain the needle.

Michael
I have the HD version with analog (needle) tach and digital speedo, and love it. Very easy to read quickly, accurate,. For me, it is also a plus that the gray face goes with my bike's metal flake silver paint well.

Jim G

Old 10-20-2014, 02:01 PM
Jimstang
Tourer

[QUOTE=mseymour3;13338421]

Michael
I was in the same dilemma and ended up going with the HD one. I'm extremely happy with it. The analog tachometer looks really cool over the digital readout. Here's mine with all the colors turned to red at the moment.

Attached Thumbnails The Everything Breakout Thread-img_20141015_200701.jpg  
Old 10-20-2014, 02:05 PM
Goldsgym
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=Jimstang;13339222]
Originally Posted by mseymour3
I was in the same dilemma and ended up going with the HD one. I'm extremely happy with it. The analog tachometer looks really cool over the digital readout. Here's mine with all the colors turned to red at the moment.
It looks like you better get some gas.

Old 10-20-2014, 02:21 PM
Jimstang
Tourer

[QUOTE=Goldsgym;13339228]
Originally Posted by Jimstang

It looks like you better get some gas.
Yeah I was about 27 miles to empty when I snapped that picture. I wanted to make sure the fuel level was going to read accurately on the new gauge...nah man actually there's no good excuse for it...that's 100% pure laziness on my part after a ride out hahaa

Old 10-20-2014, 02:37 PM
Goldsgym
Cruiser

[QUOTE=Jimstang;13339257]
Yeah I was about 27 miles to empty when I snapped that picture. I wanted to make sure the fuel level was going to read accurately on the new gauge...nah man actually there's no good excuse for it...that's 100% pure laziness on my part after a ride out hahaa
I here you
I was told that the recall they had was to re flash the stock speedo for the accuracy of the fuel gauge and since I bought the upgrade, I would no longer need it. It was for the oem one only.

I still fill it up once I hit one bar left.

Old 10-20-2014, 03:34 PM
mseymour3
Tourer

Just received most of the parts for the blackline dash, a Custom Dynamics curved LED lit side mount plate frame, and a axle mount license plate relocation bracket. Still need the mounting bracket for underneath the blackline console before I can complete that mod but hopefully getting the license plate bracket mounted today.

I ordered the license plate bracket from accufast2d on Ebay and have nothing but great things to say so far. Here is a separate thread about side mount license plates and pictures and even has another user who has already installed the same bracket with a Custom Dynamics plate frame. I'll try to post some pics of mine in that thread when done installing also.

Michael

Old 10-20-2014, 03:40 PM
JimGnitecki
Stellar HDF Member
Received 402 Likes on 265 Posts

[QUOTE=Goldsgym;13339293]
Originally Posted by Jimstang

I here you
I was told that the recall they had was to re flash the stock speedo for the accuracy of the fuel gauge and since I bought the upgrade, I would no longer need it. It was for the oem one only.

I still fill it up once I hit one bar left.
What you were told might, or might not, be correct. I think MAYBE incorrect. They don't reflash the speedo unit when they reflash; they can only reflash the computer. The computer is what actually stores the data and does the calculations.

You can test this by asking HD how you handle getting the correct actual odometer reading when installing a new speedometer on a late model HD bike that already has odometer miles on it. The answer is you do NOTHING. The computer remembers the odometer miles, and simply feeds the corrected data to the new speedometer.

I THINK this means that the reflash does not affect either HD and aftermarket instruments. It does affect the computer, which then affects BOTH types of instruments.

Jim G

Old 10-20-2014, 04:35 PM
Goldsgym
Cruiser

[QUOTE=JimGnitecki;13339456]

What you were told might, or might not, be correct. I think MAYBE incorrect. They don't reflash the speedo unit when they reflash; they can only reflash the computer. The computer is what actually stores the data and does the calculations.

You can test this by asking HD how you handle getting the correct actual odometer reading when installing a new speedometer on a late model HD bike that already has odometer miles on it. The answer is you do NOTHING. The computer remembers the odometer miles, and simply feeds the corrected data to the new speedometer.

I THINK this means that the reflash does not affect either HD and aftermarket instruments. It does affect the computer, which then affects BOTH types of instruments.

Jim G

That's what I thought and was worried that it might effect my Dino mapping. So I went to my dealers service dep. the service manager looked it up and he told me that it was not the ecu but the re flashing of the part# for the oem speedo. He stated since I have the new multi fit speedo I would not need to do anything. He said if he did he would be re flashing a flash on the wrong speedo.
..?

Old 10-20-2014, 04:43 PM
Jimstang
Tourer

That's what I thought and was worried that it might effect my Dino mapping.
I nearly pissed my shorts.
What the hell have I started?

Quick Reply: The Everything Breakout Thread