Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-13-2015, 01:41 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Everything Breakout! Find out everything you need to know! Some topics include:

• Customizing you bike
• Seats
• Risers
• And much more!

For more information check out these threads:More Threads
Print Wikipost

The Everything Breakout Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2014, 09:05 PM
skipper469
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by jd_cincy
Thinking bout these grips to replace the RSD's. Seem like a perfect match to the air cleaner cover (see previous post). Not sure how they'll look over Chrome bars. What do you think?

http://www.arlenness.com/prodcat/Grip14.asp
I'd think twice about grips that are not rubberized. I only say this from experience. I put a pair Battistini grips on a bike once, and they were rough on the hands after riding for awhile. Needless to say they came off pretty quickly. They looked awesome, but i felt every cubic inch through my hands.

Old 10-13-2014, 11:59 PM
EagleRay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by jd_cincy
Thinking bout these grips to replace the RSD's. Seem like a perfect match to the air cleaner cover (see previous post). Not sure how they'll look over Chrome bars. What do you think?

http://www.arlenness.com/prodcat/Grip14.asp
Yeah, they look great. But I'd prefer rubberized grips, too. Even though I never ride w/o gloves. But often with grips it's just trial and error. May take a while until you find some combining good looks and good feel.

Old 10-14-2014, 05:56 AM
Alain
Elite HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

My grips are all metal. No complaints here. Even when ridding on cold days.

Old 10-14-2014, 01:21 PM
Goldsgym
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Alain
My grips are all metal. No complaints here. Even when ridding on cold days.
Ditto

Old 10-14-2014, 02:09 PM
skipper469
Road Warrior

Here's a couple pics of my Breakout with the latest round of mods including the Shotgun Shock installed. I have a pair of Carlini 14" Pist Apes in black waiting to be installed and am shopping some some wheels with a 23" front. I'll post some more pics when the next round is done.

Attached Thumbnails The Everything Breakout Thread-breakout-1.jpg   The Everything Breakout Thread-breakout-3.jpg   The Everything Breakout Thread-breakout-2.jpg   The Everything Breakout Thread-breakout-5.jpg   The Everything Breakout Thread-breakout-4.jpg  

Old 10-14-2014, 02:39 PM
BMM48
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by skipper469
Here's a couple pics of my Breakout with the latest round of mods including the Shotgun Shock installed. I have a pair of Carlini 14" Pist Apes in black waiting to be installed and am shopping some some wheels with a 23" front. I'll post some more pics when the next round is done.
Looking good. Amazing the difference the SS makes on the Breakout. Out of curiosity what mirrors are you going to run with the Carlini? My Burleigh 14" apes arrived today and I still need to wait for my turn signals from Thunderbike but having massive issues working out what mirrors...

Old 10-14-2014, 03:47 PM
Jeff71
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That looks great skipper!

Old 10-14-2014, 04:20 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Amazing what that air ride does for looks while the bike is parked.

Old 10-14-2014, 04:45 PM
skipper469
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by BMM48
Looking good. Amazing the difference the SS makes on the Breakout. Out of curiosity what mirrors are you going to run with the Carlini? My Burleigh 14" apes arrived today and I still need to wait for my turn signals from Thunderbike but having massive issues working out what mirrors...
Yeah, it looks pretty wicked slammed. Of course I do not ride like that, but it makes for a good picture none the less. As far as mirrors, I'm stumped like you but am either going to go with a flipped Thunderbike "action fluted" or "action smooth" and a pair of Performance Machine Merc black and chrome grips. I'm also going to be putting led turns on the forks to clean up the bars.
Are you doing the bar end turn signals? I really like that look.

Old 10-14-2014, 04:53 PM
BMM48
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by skipper469
Are you doing the bar end turn signals? I really like that look.
I'm glad it's not just me then! I have gone for the bar end turn signals but need to wait at least two weeks for the grips that go with them. There's always something.... still waiting for my new lines from Magnum as well.

Interested to see what you think of the mirrors once you've got them on. Been looking at some Joker Machine ones as well but happy to keep checking over my shoulder until I find the right set!

All too hard! Looking forward to seeing your next lot of photos.

Quick Reply: The Everything Breakout Thread