Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-13-2015, 01:41 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Everything Breakout! Find out everything you need to know! Some topics include:

• Customizing you bike
• Seats
• Risers
• And much more!

For more information check out these threads:More Threads
Print Wikipost

The Everything Breakout Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2014, 06:52 PM
24v
Elite HDF Member
Received 706 Likes on 383 Posts

Ok, I found something. Look here...
http://www.bikernet.com/pages/Processor_By_PM.aspx
"Having perfected mid controls, Roland integrated the shift side into the primary and created a unique right side drive hydraulic clutch master and brake control into one amazing aluminum structure. These would later become production parts and are now available from PM."

Still searching. JD said they were PM when asked later on that Insagram post.
http://instagram.com/p/iwWJI2lvu6/?modal=true

Old 10-01-2014, 06:54 PM
24v
Elite HDF Member
Old 10-01-2014, 06:59 PM
JimGnitecki
Stellar HDF Member
Received 401 Likes on 264 Posts

Originally Posted by 24v
I have had no issues with mine. I ride the **** out of this bike. People who pay too much for something are usually quick to praise it in order to justify spending the extra dough.
Yes, but people who pay too little for something are usually also quick to praise it in order to justify spending less dough!

Jim G

Old 10-01-2014, 07:30 PM
24v
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by JimGnitecki
Yes, but people who pay too little for something are usually also quick to praise it in order to justify spending less dough!

Jim G
You are so correct! No one buy a Dunlop 250, they suck and I have no idea what I am talking about.

BTW, I would LOVE to hear your first hand experience about either the Dunlop 250, or the Metz 260. Please enlighten us with your infinite wisdom.

Old 10-01-2014, 07:35 PM
JimGnitecki
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by 24v
You are so correct! No one buy a Dunlop 250, they suck and I have no idea what I am talking about.
Now, I never said that.

But I will say that when I replaced the stock Dunlop 240 on my Breakout with a Pirelli Diablo, which by the way is over 6 POUNDS lighter than the Dunlop, I rediscovered the joys of true HANDLING and NIMBLENESS.

Unfortunately, finding a non-Dunlop tire for the FRONT of the Breakout is proving to be a challenge, because of its unusual size. Yes, I could find a 120mm wide tire versus the 130mm wide, but I am reluctant to go narrower because I think it's the front tire's relatively wide width that diminishes the wide rear tire's normal tendency to resist turn-in.

Jim G

Old 10-01-2014, 08:16 PM
24v
Elite HDF Member

So you have experience with the stock Dunlop. The Dunlop Elite 3 250/40/18 is a completely different tire from stock. I like it better than the stock tire as well.

Congratulations on your 6lb weight loss on a 700lb bike. I'm sure I removed more than that in crap that came from the factory. I know, sprung vs unsprung, blah blah.

If you want a tire that performs well, should last longer than stock, and fill the wheel well out better, buy the 250 Dunlop. If you are a weight weenie looking to squeak out that extra tenth around the track or hundredth of a mile per gallon in gas, go ahead and buy something else I guess.

Old 10-01-2014, 08:53 PM
jgos929
Road Warrior
Received 219 Likes on 87 Posts

As much as I hate reading Jim's posts because the bulk of the time they're something negative about his bike and they just bring me down. I must say he has me sold on trying the Pirelli. No issues with my oem Dunlop yet but I'm only at 1200 miles on it

Old 10-01-2014, 08:57 PM
JimGnitecki
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by 24v
So you have experience with the stock Dunlop. The Dunlop Elite 3 250/40/18 is a completely different tire from stock. I like it better than the stock tire as well.

Congratulations on your 6lb weight loss on a 700lb bike. I'm sure I removed more than that in crap that came from the factory. I know, sprung vs unsprung, blah blah.

If you want a tire that performs well, should last longer than stock, and fill the wheel well out better, buy the 250 Dunlop. If you are a weight weenie looking to squeak out that extra tenth around the track or hundredth of a mile per gallon in gas, go ahead and buy something else I guess.
Wow 24V, it's not like you to be so stubborn. Don't take my word for it: Ask ANY high performance driver (car) or rider (motorcycle) about the immense impacts lighter weight tires have on both handling and nimbleness. It's like taking "cement overshoes" off a bike! While cruiser riders place proportionately more emphasis on appearance than other riders too, it's just plain silly to argue that a Dunlop 250 is a better PERFORMANCE solution. You do your reputation a disservice taking such a stance. Better that you simply say your top priority is appearance. I can understand that.

By the way, I hope you're not running at 250 tire at the HD recommendation of 42 psi for the stock 240. If so, you'll wear out the centerline long before you wear out the rest of the tire. I have confirmed that with the 240 Pirelli, 38.5 to 39 psi gives the right 10% psi rise from cold to hot, and the tread on the Pirelli is wearing much more evenly than the Dunlop was at 42 psi.

Jim G

Old 10-01-2014, 09:01 PM
24v
Elite HDF Member

I never said the 250 Dunlop was better at anything than your tire. Go back and re read what I said. I'm not trying to make the absolute best handling bike. I completely understand how removing unsprung weight can help. The point is, this isn't a sport bike, it is a cruiser. If I want something that handles well I will ride my other bike. If I want to ride a badass cruiser I will ride my Breakout.

As for air pressure, you're preaching to the choir. I have been telling people to run less pressure in the back tire for quite a while now.

Last edited by 24v; 10-01-2014 at 09:15 PM.
Old 10-01-2014, 09:11 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

You're good dude !!! Thanks for those links. That would be one freaking expensive mod!!!! Seeing Id have to use PMs primary and clutch housing if I'm reading that correctly.

I'd love to see that set up in person though.

Quick Reply: The Everything Breakout Thread