Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-13-2015, 01:41 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Everything Breakout! Find out everything you need to know! Some topics include:

• Customizing you bike
• Seats
• Risers
• And much more!

For more information check out these threads:More Threads
Print Wikipost

The Everything Breakout Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2014, 03:48 PM
Jimstang
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for this source to hear about the reviews regarding the RSD clarity line...that was a good read.

Old 09-29-2014, 03:52 PM
Hunter5179
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimstang
Thanks for this source to hear about the reviews regarding the RSD clarity line...that was a good read.
Yeah good read.. there are many who don't have this problem. I believe it is from the factory and they are tightened down to much.

Old 09-29-2014, 04:54 PM
Stone Cliff
Tourer

Originally Posted by 24v
There is plenty of room. I have been running that tire for over 3000 miles and there is no sign of tire to belt contact.
Don't mind Jim, he's an enginerd. I mean you may have a problem under a side load, you know, like a Mac Truck hitting you or something.

Same here - no rubbing. However, when we put the wheel on the bike, it rubbed until we rotated the tire, then it automatically centered and no problems.

Old 09-30-2014, 08:55 PM
Goldsgym
Cruiser
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Stone Cliff
Same here - no rubbing. However, when we put the wheel on the bike, it rubbed until we rotated the tire, then it automatically centered and no problems.
What do you both think about a 260?
Do you think it's pushing it?

Also Stone Cliff, got any pics?
Thanks

Old 10-01-2014, 06:15 AM
24v
Elite HDF Member
Received 704 Likes on 382 Posts

Originally Posted by Goldsgym
What do you both think about a 260?
Do you think it's pushing it?
Thanks
The 260 Metzeler is not really wider than the 250 Dunlop. Save your money and buy the Dunlop, it is almost half the price.

Old 10-01-2014, 07:48 AM
Goldsgym
Cruiser

Originally Posted by 24v
The 2
60 Metzeler is not really wider than the 250 Dunlop. Save your money and buy the Dunlop, it is almost half the price.
Good advice.

Thanks

Old 10-01-2014, 08:25 AM
Alain
Elite HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Ok fellers here is one that I don't know if it has been covered here or not. Mid controls on a breakout.
I'm trying to see if I can put mids on my rocker and being that the breakout and the rocker are almost the same (yet so different lol). Im posting here. The other reason why I'm posting here is that I have evidence of it being done on a breakout. See the shitty picture I stole from another thread lolol.

The picture is from Instagram so it's almost impossible to track that dude down. But maybe someone here knows something about it. I am yet to check the bottom frame rails on my rocker (I'm gonna do that later today) and the bottom frame rails on the breakout (gonna swing by my local stealer ship) to see if there are even mounting points on there for mid controls.

I figured I would post up here to give myself a better chance at finding some info.
24, I'm sure you probably have some info on this already.

Attached Thumbnails The Everything Breakout Thread-image.jpg  
Old 10-01-2014, 08:39 AM
JimGnitecki
Road Warrior
Received 250 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by 24v
The 260 Metzeler is not really wider than the 250 Dunlop. Save your money and buy the Dunlop, it is almost half the price.
I hear riders praising the performance of the Metzler tires in general though. I don't think I've ever heard anyone praise the Dunlop performance!

Jim G

Old 10-01-2014, 06:44 PM
24v
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by JimGnitecki
I hear riders praising the performance of the Metzler tires in general though. I don't think I've ever heard anyone praise the Dunlop performance!

Jim G
I have had no issues with mine. I ride the **** out of this bike. People who pay too much for something are usually quick to praise it in order to justify spending the extra dough.

Old 10-01-2014, 06:45 PM
24v
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Alain
Ok fellers here is one that I don't know if it has been covered here or not. Mid controls on a breakout.
I'm trying to see if I can put mids on my rocker and being that the breakout and the rocker are almost the same (yet so different lol). Im posting here. The other reason why I'm posting here is that I have evidence of it being done on a breakout. See the shitty picture I stole from another thread lolol.

The picture is from Instagram so it's almost impossible to track that dude down. But maybe someone here knows something about it. I am yet to check the bottom frame rails on my rocker (I'm gonna do that later today) and the bottom frame rails on the breakout (gonna swing by my local stealer ship) to see if there are even mounting points on there for mid controls.

I figured I would post up here to give myself a better chance at finding some info.
24, I'm sure you probably have some info on this already.
That is JD's picture from a show that was in Anaheim if I remember correctly. You might contact him and ask who it is. He may know them. The funny thing is the comment on that Instagram post is from me. I do not know how it was done though, I'm sorry.

Quick Reply: The Everything Breakout Thread