Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-13-2015, 01:41 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Everything Breakout! Find out everything you need to know! Some topics include:

• Customizing you bike
• Seats
• Risers
• And much more!

For more information check out these threads:More Threads
Print Wikipost

The Everything Breakout Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2014, 01:57 AM
Msmall
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone know of a black digital oil dipstick other than Harley's. Hear it's nothing but problems with that one.

Old 09-07-2014, 07:00 AM
jd_cincy
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bull Dawg
...and after a few mods.
Looks good! Where did you happen to pick up the Big Radius 2:1? I haven't had any luck finding one in stock.

Old 09-07-2014, 07:33 AM
24v
Elite HDF Member
Received 706 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by Msmall
I can't tell if you're challenging wether I have a clue about what I'm talking about or just having conversation. Ya asked me if I understood something, and now you're telling me what I need to understand, I think I have the basics. Maybe it's just the way you phrased the responses or I'm misinterpreting. Wasn't trying to start a back and forth and with the subject being tuning it could just go on forever. Just answering the question you asked if wether I knew the difference or not. I'm not an expert, just know enough to do my own work. Most of what i know about tuning is from experience with a camaro 1le and a couple ZL1's I modded for bigger HP. The stuff I've done with Harley's is just basic but it all relates and fuel trim isn't a new concept to me. My only opinion on tuning is that the "right" way to do it is subjective.

I believe fuel trim resets every time you flash the Ecu. Atleast it did in every car I've ever checked. Easier than pulling the battery.

One thing I'd welcome clarification on is how fuel trim affects the open loop portion....or does it? I used to reset fuel trim prior to track days and dyno days because I could never figure out if fuel trim affects open loop portion. Conceptually I've convinced myself it doesn't, but have heard to many opinions to really know.
It's not you, it is just how I phrase things. I was having a conversation. As for whether or not the fuel trimming effects open loop, that likely depends on the system, but I would think it would not. The reason I say that is because the fuel trimming relies on the oxygen sensors to compare vs the map. If the oxygen sensors are not being read, then there is no correction to remember. I would think some of the trimming may bleed over into cells that are right next to the closed loop though. BTW, my tuning background is similar to yours. I started on an 04 GTO with a blower.

Old 09-07-2014, 07:54 AM
Bull Dawg
Novice

Originally Posted by jd_cincy
Looks good! Where did you happen to pick up the Big Radius 2:1? I haven't had any luck finding one in stock.
I bought part #28019 and made a few tweaks to the rear header. I cut the pipe at the bend just in front of the tranny so I could rotate it inward a few degrees. Also, I had to add about 1/2" of pipe. Heat shields cover it nicely. You would need an inspection mirror to tell it has been done.

Old 09-07-2014, 08:20 AM
24v
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Bull Dawg
I bought part #28019 and made a few tweaks to the rear header. I cut the pipe at the bend just in front of the tranny so I could rotate it inward a few degrees. Also, I had to add about 1/2" of pipe. Heat shields cover it nicely. You would need an inspection mirror to tell it has been done.
Why would you do that? I have the standard Softail version on my bike and it bolted on fine? Did you have some sort of contact somewhere?

Old 09-07-2014, 10:06 AM
jd_cincy
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 24v
Why would you do that? I have the standard Softail version on my bike and it bolted on fine? Did you have some sort of contact somewhere?
Which model # do you have on yours?

Old 09-07-2014, 04:47 PM
24v
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by jd_cincy
Which model # do you have on yours?
It is the black version of the one above.

Old 09-07-2014, 05:06 PM
Bull Dawg
Novice

Originally Posted by 24v
Yea. I've read that you and several others had no problems, but it wouldn't go...so I made it fit.

Old 09-07-2014, 06:17 PM
24v
Elite HDF Member

What wouldn't go? I bolted up the head pipes loose, then the bracket loose. Then put something between the swigarm and the pipe, and bolt it all down. Should have fit right on?

Old 09-07-2014, 07:50 PM
Bull Dawg
Novice

Originally Posted by 24v
What wouldn't go? I bolted up the head pipes loose, then the bracket loose. Then put something between the swigarm and the pipe, and bolt it all down. Should have fit right on?
Nope. Why are you so interested?

Quick Reply: The Everything Breakout Thread