Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Custom Danny Gray Breakout Seat

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2013 | 05:34 PM
24v
|
Elite HDF Member
Default New Custom Danny Gray Breakout Seat

So I picked up my new Danny Gray seat today. I had them modify the seat they just came out with to better fit the look I was after. I know I'm a picky bitch, but so what.
Sherry was great at putting up with all my ****. This seat pushed me forward slightly, but seems about the same height as the stock seat when seated. I think it is lower with no weight on it, but the stock seat is much softer so I think you sink into it more. The new seat is very firm, but not uncomfortable at all. It definitely feels like I am sitting more "in" the bike. No more sliding off onto the fender under hard acceleration. Here are a few pics I took at the rest stop on the way home.

Old 12-10-2013 | 09:43 PM
Harley_Charley
Road Master

DISLIKE!

Only because you got one before me though, fawker! Not sure I like the shortened version anymore than I like the version Stone Cliff has either though, especially if the shorter version pushes you more forward. I want to have more room in the back end of the seat. Regardless, it looks nicer and more comfortable. Is he not offering the gel inserts with his seats yet?

Old 12-11-2013 | 06:19 AM
24v
|
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Harley_Charley
DISLIKE!

Only because you got one before me though, fawker! Not sure I like the shortened version anymore than I like the version Stone Cliff has either though, especially if the shorter version pushes you more forward. I want to have more room in the back end of the seat. Regardless, it looks nicer and more comfortable. Is he not offering the gel inserts with his seats yet?
No, this version does not have any different seating position than the one Stone Cliff got. Same foam, they just cut some off the front for me. You can put gel in any seat. I did not want it.

Old 12-11-2013 | 10:45 AM
Stone Cliff
Tourer

Looks great. I get what you were after now wit the shorter seat neck. Looks better on your bike though compared to mine. Hopefully I will have mine back soon with the Stingray covering - think it's gonna look sick!

I wish I could extend my controls by like 1.5" ... let me know if you know of any way to do it. I only see the Arlen 3"..too much

Old 12-11-2013 | 11:17 AM
24v
|
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Stone Cliff
Looks great. I get what you were after now wit the shorter seat neck. Looks better on your bike though compared to mine. Hopefully I will have mine back soon with the Stingray covering - think it's gonna look sick!

I wish I could extend my controls by like 1.5" ... let me know if you know of any way to do it. I only see the Arlen 3"..too much
I saw your seat yesterday Cliff. Interesting material choice. I am curios to see how it comes out.

Old 12-11-2013 | 11:26 AM
Stone Cliff
Tourer

Originally Posted by 24v
I saw your seat yesterday Cliff. Interesting material choice. I am curios to see how it comes out.
Yeah, a bit risky since it's so different, but .. you know .."Breakout"

Old 12-14-2013 | 04:51 AM
cjcuciti
2nd Gear
Default Long time reader... first comment.

I've used this site for the last year to find out about everything from part fitment to some sorry sellers on eBay.

Just saw the thread and wanted to say the seat looks great, I have a '14 Breakout scheduled for delivery in Jan and think a slightly stretched tank would look good on this long and low bike. Let us know how that seat does after a few long rides, I think it adds a good gap to fill with a longer tank.

The apes look great, too. I've got mine in a box laughing at me waiting for the bike to make the trip across the ocean. Are you planning some more customization in the short term?

-Chris "Q"

Old 12-14-2013 | 05:40 AM
24v
|
Elite HDF Member

I will be doing a few hundred miles today, so I will report back. I have a few more ideas for mods right now, but not many. I really enjoy the bike the way it is now. As for the stretched tank, maybe you could use one off of a Rocker?

Old 12-14-2013 | 06:37 PM
24v
|
Elite HDF Member

So I did a few hundred miles today on the seat and it is great. It is definitely firmer than the stock seat, butit supports you very well, and no more sliding off the back. I love it.

Old 12-15-2013 | 08:31 AM
cjcuciti
2nd Gear
Default Awesome...

Thanks for the feedback. I don't need a ton of cushion, my Heritage has a Le Pera, or as I refer to it, a sheet of paper over the frame. Even for 100-200 miles at a time this 40 yr old rear end is holding up okay. Ha!

I was looking at the Deuce's tank mounting system and wondering if that would work. Thunderbike over here in Germany has a sweet tank that they used on the last two Breakout builds, but it is around $1600 for the current frame. They do a weld-on stretch for a more reasonable price. Here is a link to a recent Breakout build, the "888" Metzler bike.

http://www.thunderbike.de/galleries/...eakout_888.php

Not looking at paint until I have a season under my belt with the new bike, so have time to consider and reconsider and reconsider...

-Chris "Q"

Quick Reply: New Custom Danny Gray Breakout Seat