Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Custom Danny Gray Breakout Seat

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2014 | 03:59 PM
Msmall
Tourer

Just a quick comment on the bitchin seat comp pillion. I'm having a custom solo seat and pillion built by them that I ordered about 4 weeks ago. I'm having some tooled patches done and wasn't comfortable with suction cups because if the seat fell off I loose the custom work I paid for. so rich was able to come up with a solution. Basically it's a reverse screw from under the fender into the pillion. This way you don't see any bolts but it is bolted in via the current hole for the stock pillion.

Once he has mine done I'm sure he could re-use the mold. So yes, the website says suction cups but they are a custom shop and will come up with a creative solution.

Old 06-17-2014 | 06:40 PM
Harley_Charley
Road Master

Originally Posted by Msmall
Just a quick comment on the bitchin seat comp pillion. I'm having a custom solo seat and pillion built by them that I ordered about 4 weeks ago. I'm having some tooled patches done and wasn't comfortable with suction cups because if the seat fell off I loose the custom work I paid for. so rich was able to come up with a solution. Basically it's a reverse screw from under the fender into the pillion. This way you don't see any bolts but it is bolted in via the current hole for the stock pillion.

Once he has mine done I'm sure he could re-use the mold. So yes, the website says suction cups but they are a custom shop and will come up with a creative solution.
I tested out the suction cup pillion, worked great.........curious to see what Rich came up with on your new design though?

Old 06-17-2014 | 08:58 PM
Msmall
Tourer

It should be a thread in the bottom of the pillion. Put your hand under the fender and screw into it through the existing hole. I tested reaching under and can get my hand to it just fine. It will also have suction cups, the screw is just for piece of mind. You could just use the suction cups if you didn't feel like screwing it in

We'll see how it works competed.

Originally Posted by Harley_Charley
I tested out the suction cup pillion, worked great.........curious to see what Rich came up with on your new design though?

Last edited by Msmall; 06-17-2014 at 09:00 PM.
Old 01-14-2015 | 07:53 PM
PFD
Novice

Cool bike man! What kind of pipes? Those are way cool.

Old 03-05-2015 | 03:53 AM
Lindosan
Cruiser
Default 6"5

Oops didnt find the site before now.......anyway, so for a tall guy like me 6'5 I shouldnt order a DG seat if it moves me forward, unless I also buy a forward kit control ?