Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Custom Danny Gray Breakout Seat

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2014 | 03:56 PM
NAME CHANGE REQUIRED
Advanced

Originally Posted by tbonetony06
I just responded to another thread about taking the seat to a custom upholsterer. You can use the padding you pick out, I HIGHLY recommend the Gelfoam, the exact shape you want and finished in the material you want. You can also follow the process much closer in order to make changes if needed. I had my seats and backrest done and I doubt it cost me any more than ordering all oft hem.
True. I'm sure somebody around here makes custom seats. Thanks for the tip.

Old 06-16-2014 | 04:39 PM
CanuckWhiskey14
Tourer

another danny gray seat ... and yes it is really comfortable ... I did a 710 km ride yesterday with no issues

Old 06-16-2014 | 04:46 PM
24v
|
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by youraemoo
Hey 24v

First I wanna start by saying what a beautiful bike you have, very very nice mods you did there, one of my favs in the forum.

My questions, I'm not sure if you have answered them already in another post, but they are so many to go through, so I'm sorry if you have to answer same questions again.

With your new seat, I know they specifically cut it short by the tank, do they do that for anyone now, if I wanted to order the same seat or they just did it for you upon your request?

How tall are you maybe that would help me with the seat and ape hangers configuration, I'm 5'10" and considering same seat and bars combo.
I saw that you had the ape hangers when you had the stock seat. With the new solo seat, which was better from a seating and reaching perspective? Is it too far of a reach? Is it too high? I was considering a 10' maximum 12' but 14' was wondering about it.

Hope you can help me, thanks.
I am roughly the same height and I don't have any problems reaching with either seat.

As for them cutting it short by the tank, they will do that for you. Just call and talk to Sherry. She has the measurements.

Here is a pic of me riding it so you can see how I sit on there.

Old 06-16-2014 | 04:47 PM
24v
|
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by NOFUKS2GIVE
Is there a separate pillion seat available? I don't want to go with the massive 2-up seat they sell. I asked this question in the "Everything Breakout" forum but I probably should have asked it here.
I don't think they make a separate one for this bike. I did not have my stock seat redone, because some day I will trade this bike on another and I want to have all the stock parts to put back on.

Old 06-16-2014 | 04:52 PM
NAME CHANGE REQUIRED
Advanced

Originally Posted by 24v
I don't think they make a separate one for this bike. I did not have my stock seat redone, because some day I will trade this bike on another and I want to have all the stock parts to put back on.
Yeah that seems to be the general consensus. I'll have to knuckle down and find someone to make me a custom set-up. Thanks for responding.

Old 06-16-2014 | 05:09 PM
24v
|
Elite HDF Member

There are other types of pillions you can buy. There are some that just have suction cups that work with any seat. How much 2 up are you really planning, and what distance?

Old 06-16-2014 | 05:23 PM
NAME CHANGE REQUIRED
Advanced

Originally Posted by 24v
There are other types of pillions you can buy. There are some that just have suction cups that work with any seat. How much 2 up are you really planning, and what distance?
That's really hard to say right now. I typically don't like to ride 2-up but my girl is stoked about the idea. I'm not sure if she's going to love it or get over it after the stock pillion destroys her gooch. I'm guessing that shes's going to love it so I'm trying to plan ahead. I still want to solo look with the option of adding a quality pillion. Oh, and we'll most likely be doing relatively short weekend rides with the occasional long haul.

Old 06-16-2014 | 05:32 PM
24v
|
Elite HDF Member

Something like this might work for you.
https://www.denniskirk.com/H45347.sk...FZJbfgod3IsA9w
Looks like it comes in different sizes. They could probably even make one to the specs you give them.

Old 06-16-2014 | 06:27 PM
Stone Cliff
Tourer

Originally Posted by 24v

They are making a pillion and it's almost done.

Old 06-16-2014 | 06:36 PM
NAME CHANGE REQUIRED
Advanced

Originally Posted by 24v
Something like this might work for you.
https://www.denniskirk.com/H45347.sk...FZJbfgod3IsA9w
Looks like it comes in different sizes. They could probably even make one to the specs you give them.
Thanks for taking the time to find a link for me. I checked these out yesterday but didn't know what to think about the suction cups. "NOTE: For cosmetic use only; not for passenger use. Fender must be clean and dry for proper installation." That doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy. Hopefully my sissy bar will catch her before she goes *** over tea kettle.

I really dig the Bitchin Seats set-up but the price tag is ridiculous. The PILLION costs more than the Danny Grey solo seat. I'll most likely have something made or modify the stock seat/pillion.

Quick Reply: New Custom Danny Gray Breakout Seat