Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

samson fishtail exhaust performance

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2013 | 10:23 AM
Greabert
Cruiser

Originally Posted by pipeyeti
Long pipes are usually the worst performing pipes.
True dat. A lot of power can be sacrificed in the name of looks and sound.

Old 12-05-2013 | 01:09 PM
yzergod
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by HD2009deluxe
samson fishtail exhaust performance
LOL, that made me laugh!! Total oxymoron!

However, just by adding a set of Xied's I was able to bump up my hp to 78 & my torque to 88.

Old 12-05-2013 | 01:37 PM
wildman926
Cruiser

Are the HP/TQ numbers posted in this thread the norm?

Old 12-05-2013 | 01:58 PM
scottman50
Cruiser

My son put the fishtails on his 09. That is all he did. You can tell he lost some go power.

Old 12-05-2013 | 10:14 PM
SprungDave
Road Warrior

There are experts who will tell you that any tru-dual exhaust will not produce as much power as a properly designed 2 into 1 system. I have no reason to dispute that claim. My bike with larger than stock displacement, cams, intake, efi tuner and tru-duals runs much stronger than it did stock. I am pretty certain it would run even stronger if it had a 2 into 1 system. But it would look like crap.

Our bikes were not built for power (most foreign bikes produce much, much more horsepower per liter). I think we can honestly say, that we ride H-D for reasons other than all-out performance. Sure, with enough money spent on our bikes, they can have a huge amount of power. Spend the same money on a high output foreign bike and it will still run circles around our bikes.

Since we have already made a commitment to not make our bike choice based on on all-out power, I don't think leaving a couple on the alter of good looks, is asking too much. After all, what foreign bike could possibly compete with a H-D? They can imitate, but there is no comparison.

My bike is plenty quick, but a guy is going to leave me way behind his Hayabusa. And that is exactly how I want it.

Old 12-05-2013 | 11:28 PM
FrozenInTime
Tourer

I had stage one and rush 2" slip-ons, SERT and was dyno'd at 75 horsies. I eventually put on 28.5" Sampsons baffled and then dyno'd. Did not like the results, had it re-dyno'd again. The most they could get was 59.9, barely under 60. I was PO'd but had to much into the pipes to remove them at the time. I lost 15 horses with the tru duals. I did gain torque though. Calling Sampson was a waste of time, all I got was a run around, promises to check into it and would call me back. Never heard from them again. I love the looks, love the sound, etc so I am still running them. I traded bikes with a bud for a ride, his was a new heritage. Getting on the throttle, I was amazed it did not have the stones my bike had. He walked away from me on my bike. After that, I quit caring about the numbers, my bike was quicker/snappier than the stock eng. on his brand new bike. Guess what I'm saying is ride with them for a while, you might not have the numbers you expected, but I bet it still makes you smile. Mine does.

Old 12-06-2013 | 12:32 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor

There's no doubt that with a well designed 2-1 exhaust I could get more Torque out of my Heritage (I don't really care what the HP is...torque is what I feel when riding).

Below is a basic DK Custom Stage 1, with a generic tune & Samson True Duals. I have not put it back on the dyno since dialing in my tune...will be doing that in the next month or so.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 12-06-2013 | 02:32 PM
tbonetony06
Outstanding HDF Member

You can read below what I have in my motor. I had a Python 2 into1 and I was told when I bought the bike it was 100/100. I pulled the Python off and put the 39" Samson's on and although it has not been on the Dyno yet, but it will be here in a few months, I can tell it dropped off noticeably. I'm not overly to terribly concerned about it though. I just cruise.

Old 12-06-2013 | 03:06 PM
509Rider
Road Master

ok here is my exact setup 06 88ci fi, 39 baffled samsons, torque cones, s&s stealth ac, SE race tuner, dyno tuned. 66.68hp 71.56tq

Old 12-06-2013 | 07:34 PM
nikonf8
Supporter
Default Power

This question always makes me laugh if you like them run them. I do not think there are to many members putting there pink slip on the line here . What's the big deal if there is any lost it's not worth mentioning if you like the look go for it it's not enough to worry about if any

Quick Reply: samson fishtail exhaust performance