Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Riser & ape hanger combination question?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2013, 04:46 PM
newjack66
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Riser & ape hanger combination question?

Hi all

I want to pick your brains and save myself hassles if possible.

What riser & ape combination would allow me to run my stock cable setup, or is new cables hoses just what comes with the turf?

I bought my 05 softail from the states with the the current set up (see pics) looks like 4 inch risers with possible stock softail bars.

I was thinking mini apes (what size?) and maybe stock HD risers?

Just put DK's 2 inch lift kit prior to the the photo & I think the apes would finish the look nicely.

Thanx for your help in advance.

Attached Thumbnails Riser & ape hanger combination question?-hd_13.jpg   Riser & ape hanger combination question?-hd_12.jpg  

Last edited by newjack66; 11-13-2013 at 04:48 PM.
Old 11-13-2013, 06:28 PM
Matt K
Cruiser

i dont think you'll be able to run apes even with stock risers. those cables look pretty taught as it

Old 11-13-2013, 07:16 PM
newjack66
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Matt K
i dont think you'll be able to run apes even with stock risers. those cables look pretty taught as it
Unfortunately I think your right. Ah well worth asking.

Thanks!

Old 11-14-2013, 06:32 AM
magna
Stellar HDF Member
Received 239 Likes on 146 Posts

The risers you have look like the ones off a Nightrain which are 6", I've got Harley mini apes on my Train with short risers, about an 1" or so high, the bottom bend to the top bend on the apes is 10" with internal wiring, don't know if that helps atall, as Matt k says I would be pretty tight looking at your pics, but you might just do it if you use the same as I've got.

Old 11-14-2013, 04:33 PM
newjack66
Intermediate

Originally Posted by magna
The risers you have look like the ones off a Nightrain which are 6", I've got Harley mini apes on my Train with short risers, about an 1" or so high, the bottom bend to the top bend on the apes is 10" with internal wiring, don't know if that helps atall, as Matt k says I would be pretty tight looking at your pics, but you might just do it if you use the same as I've got.
THanks for that. I didn't know what the risers were off. They looked HD but I wasn't sure.

I think your right. Stock risers with mini apes will probably work. Probably will be about the same height, but I think will look much better.

Any chance of seeing a pic with your set up?

Thanks

Darren

Old 11-14-2013, 06:16 PM
magna
Stellar HDF Member

There you go.

Old 11-14-2013, 11:23 PM
Richaf
6th Gear

I have the exact same set-up on my 05 Train that magna has in those pictures. Unfortunately, that is what was on the bike when I picked it up in Sept. I want to go back to the stock style set-up!!!

Old 11-15-2013, 04:46 AM
newjack66
Intermediate

Originally Posted by magna
There you go.

Very nice setup ....

What are the bars & are the risers the Harley mini ape ones????

Old 11-15-2013, 04:48 AM
newjack66
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Richaf
I have the exact same set-up on my 05 Train that magna has in those pictures. Unfortunately, that is what was on the bike when I picked it up in Sept. I want to go back to the stock style set-up!!!
If I was in the states I'd buy you ape set up !!!! LOL

Old 11-15-2013, 05:02 AM
magna
Stellar HDF Member

Both bars and risers are Harley, not sure wether they still do them but other companies do similar, the bars are what Harleys call chubby mini apes with internal wiring, another alternative if your wiring is a bit tight is the apes that are used on the Streetbob. They've got external wiring and are not quite as thick but the pull back part that the grips are fitted to are a bit shorter, also have you thought about the Nightrain drag bar set up ? You've already got the risers and more than enough wiring, I only changed mine because I get a shoulder ache after riding for a while and found apes where better for that, and I got to say Drag bars are far better for cutting down between rows of cars in motorway traffic jams, or lane splitting as the guys on here call it.

Quick Reply: Riser & ape hanger combination question?