Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Full coverage or liability

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 06:44 PM
OneBlackFly
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Full coverage or liability

Yours must be the only H-D bike around there (unless other service people have them).

Old 03-12-2007, 09:16 PM
RandyM1911
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Paid for with full coverage. No sense taking unnecessary chances...

Old 03-12-2007, 09:42 PM
deadeye
Road Warrior
Received 92 Likes on 57 Posts

SMSGT B,

USAA will cover your bike in Germany?

In Japan, "full coverage" ins does not cover theft or damage while the bike is parked. So, I always go with liability only. If I could find full coverage that covered theft, I'd buy it.

I'm a SMSGT, retired.. Keep up the good work!

Old 03-12-2007, 11:11 PM
zoomie67
Tourer

I have by '01 Fatboy covered under Indiana Farm Bureau with full coverage and a $1000.00 deductible it costs me $250.00/year but they have my cars and Homeowners too so I get a multi line discount.

Old 03-13-2007, 12:23 AM
atomic
Road Warrior

Insurance on a Harley is next to nothing. It gets even less when you have two bikes insured. Get full coverage. It is a no brainer. You will feel really stupid if you do some minor thing that causes many thousands of dollars of damage.

I pay 323 a year for full coverage on my 2006 Softail Deluxe/ $500 deductible and $3000 worth of accessories. I have a reckless driving ticket on my record and another bike on the policy.

Old 03-13-2007, 09:33 AM
djkolp
Road Captain
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

The most important coverage you can get for your bike is the Uninsured/Underinsured motorist. My main concern when I was shopping for insurance, was gettingthe cheapest yearly premium I could find. Then I totalled my bike back in February,and now my priorities have changed. I have been out of work for 5 weeks, and expect to be out for another 2 weeks. The guy that pulled out in front of me had only 10k in property damage, and waived the other 10k for bodily injury. The guyhas no assetsthat I can collect.My medical expenses have been paid in full, only because I have major medical at work. My 2 months out of work will be covered by my accrued sick & vacation time, after that I'm on my own. I do not like paying for insurance to cover someone who has little or no coverage, but that is the reality of the situation. We are far to vulnerableto serious injury riding a bike, and not everyone that hits you will be driving a Mercedes.Fixing or replacing a bike is the easy part,recovering tens of thousands of dollars in lost wages is not. I know, it can't happen to me. Think again. Sorry for the rant, but I have seen the light.

DJK

Old 03-13-2007, 10:31 AM
Geoseismic
Road Captain

If you drop any part of your insurance, drop the liability on a motorcycle. Liability covers the damage your vehicle causes to others. I want my bike, rider, and passanger insured against damage!

Old 03-13-2007, 10:48 AM
In Memoriam Citoriplus
May our Moderator Rest in Peace
Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

ORIGINAL: Geoseismic
If you drop any part of your insurance, drop the liability on a motorcycle. Liability covers the damage your vehicle causes to others. I want my bike, rider, and passanger insured against damage!
Liability insurance is manditory in many states, so you need to be careful. Many insurance companys might be headquartered out of your state and not catch that right away. So if you were to have an accident, you could be in for serious trouble if you don't have any coverage.

Old 03-13-2007, 10:52 AM
99superglide
Tourer

I pay $260 a year for full coverage thru proggessive Drive with a $250 deductible.

Old 03-13-2007, 11:01 AM
richmac64
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have USAA and pay about $520 per year in South Korea with a $1000 deductible. I was hoping we would go to Germany after this, but I see the insurance for motorcycles is still high there.

Quick Reply: Full coverage or liability