Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone running floorboards on softail custom? Step in plz

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2013 | 05:23 AM
JTulski
Cruiser

I re-used my original shifter and brake pedal. I did have to cut out a small relief on the underside of the brake pedal to keep it from hitting the floorboard bracket.

Old 11-04-2013 | 07:33 AM
OIF SuperGlide
Tourer

Kuryakan makes some mini-floors that I put on mine. It's a good medium between foot numbing pegs and big boy floor boards. Gives my size 12's just enough comfort.

Old 11-04-2013 | 09:18 AM
Smdugan40
Advanced

FWIW 2 different HD Dealers told me that to put floorboards on my 07 FXSTC I would need to change to an FL front end, becuse the FX front end allows to much lean into turns to be safe for floorboards (and yes I know they're hinged)
Not my thoughts, just adding what I was told.
I went with the HD mini floor boards and love them, they are splined so that I can set any angle I prefer for them. And I find they suit me perfectly.

Old 11-04-2013 | 09:25 AM
Prot
Club Member
Veteran: Navy
Riders Club Member

Originally Posted by Smdugan40
FWIW 2 different HD Dealers told me that to put floorboards on my 07 FXSTC I would need to change to an FL front end, becuse the FX front end allows to much lean into turns to be safe for floorboards (and yes I know they're hinged)
Not my thoughts, just adding what I was told.
I went with the HD mini floor boards and love them, they are splined so that I can set any angle I prefer for them. And I find they suit me perfectly.
That is complete bullshit. Besides, floorboards are hinged to where if they make contact with the ground, they swivel up. They still get scratched and ground up, but it would take an extreme angle to lean a floor board on the asphalt hard enough to unload the bike because of it not swiveling on the hinge.

As stated previously, a Crossbones uses floorboards with the narrow style springer front end.

Old 11-04-2013 | 06:53 PM
Smdugan40
Advanced

Never stated it was correct or incorrect merely related what 2 dif dealers told me when I inquired about it.

Old 11-04-2013 | 07:26 PM
Prot
Club Member
Veteran: Navy
Riders Club Member

Originally Posted by Smdugan40
Never stated it was correct or incorrect merely related what 2 dif dealers told me when I inquired about it.
My argument is not with you, it is with the idiots that are telling you information that is flat out wrong. Independent shops usually are better about knowing what works and what doesn't.

Old 11-04-2013 | 07:33 PM
Rootro
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by WhiteNoise
So I was riding home yesterday and a big rig decided to cut into me while he merged into my lane and his front wheel literally cut my front peg right off! I felt my foot get bumped and I immediately pulled it up and when I looked down my peg was gone. I was so happy that I didn't get hurt that I started laughing and for some reason my mood turned into a great feeling of wellness lol.

Anyways I'm looking to replace my peg but then thought maybe a set of floorboards would be nice. I've not seen anyone with a FXSTC and floorboards and I'm not sure if it would look good on my bike or not.

If anyone here has a FXST or FXSTC with front boards please post up some pictures. Having a hell of a time finding any on google.

Here is a shot of my front peg!!
Man, glad everything worked out. I think the floor boards will look ok. The CrossBones has them, similar set up other than the springer front end.

Old 11-05-2013 | 09:47 AM
klf33
Outstanding HDF Member

Love my boards
Here they are on different variations of the bike

Old 11-05-2013 | 10:02 AM
dyolfknip
Road Master

Originally Posted by WhiteNoise
So I was riding home yesterday and a big rig decided to cut into me while he merged into my lane and his front wheel literally cut my front peg right off! I felt my foot get bumped and I immediately pulled it up and when I looked down my peg was gone. I was so happy that I didn't get hurt that I started laughing and for some reason my mood turned into a great feeling of wellness lol.

Anyways I'm looking to replace my peg but then thought maybe a set of floorboards would be nice. I've not seen anyone with a FXSTC and floorboards and I'm not sure if it would look good on my bike or not.

If anyone here has a FXST or FXSTC with front boards please post up some pictures. Having a hell of a time finding any on google.

Here is a shot of my front peg!!
I bet if you had the stock pegs on, you would have dumped your bike. The holes in the powdered steel acted as a perforation. Who makes em? I would never want white metal as foot pegs.

Old 11-05-2013 | 10:37 AM
Harley_Dude
Ultimate HDF Member

Had them on a 94 FX Springer, didn't like them. Looked odd and scraped in turns.

Quick Reply: Anyone running floorboards on softail custom? Step in plz