Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lowering my '13 deluxe

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2013, 08:09 PM
ghoticov
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SoCalSoftailSlim
The OP asked about lowering alternatives. He indicated he didn't want to spend the big money on a SS right now and asked about bolts.

I essentially agreed that he was on the right track and offered him some alternatives that have worked for me.

There is absolutely nothing more to the story. Why would there be?

I realize since you guys spent big money on the thing, you feel the need to defend it.

But honestly, if you want to promote the product cut out the silly hard sell. It'll sell itself if it's worth it. And at some point, ganging up on people to push the SS on them will do more harm than good.

And stop badgering people like me who don't feel the need to rush and buy your hard sell.

From the threads I have read here, it's a novel product with great customer service. But very expensive and with consistent problems that have made that customer service necessary. Sorry if that reality doesn't fit in with your storyline.

As far as calling people "cheerleaders," that's essentially what you guys have proven yourselves to be. If anyone points out there have been reliability issues with this system, without any evidence at all, you accuse that poster of having an agenda. My only agenda is I don't feel the need to rush out and spend over a thousand bucks lowering my bike and I see viable alternatives to it.

Just like any other product, I'm sharing what I've learned here. And in the case of the method I've used to lower my bike, sharing what has worked for me.

You might as well get used to that fact, because I'm not going to be scared off any threads that mention SS or any other product.
Nor am I scared to call out your ignorance is saying there are "consistent problems" with the shotgun system. Half a dozen or so issues, when hundreds or possibly thousands have sold are not "consistent problems". Some of those "problems" you have seen have been user errors issues. Like me, I overtightened the compressor bracket which screwed up the compressor. And guess what? I had a NEW within 2 days.... and it was MY fault.

Call me whatever you want, I call it like I see it. I also didn't spend $1300 on my set up, I bought it used for $900 so I didn't "big money" and feel the need to justify my purchase.

I did just as you, I told the OP a few options. You are the one that felt the need to take a shot (once again) at the Shotgun. If the OP can't afford the SS or just doesn't want to spend the $$, that's fine. But there are no "realizability issues" that you speak of.

Old 10-29-2013, 08:10 PM
ghoticov
Elite HDF Member

Where's tbonetony when you need him???? Hahahaha

Old 10-29-2013, 09:31 PM
Aaresz
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I apologize to the OP because my comments have nothing to do with the topic, but neither does the personal attacks between members regarding SS. I agree with SoCal that it seems like we are on the SS forums with all the endorsements for the product being weighted in at every turn, but also understand the owners of this particular product are enthusiastic about it. So just let it go already because it's really getting out of hand. The shotgun seems like the way to go if you want air suspension because of the warranty and customer service, it's just clearly not for everyone. Lastly SoCal I have to say you have the sweetest slim, it just works! Love that signature pic!

Last edited by Aaresz; 10-29-2013 at 09:34 PM.
Old 10-29-2013, 10:25 PM
J.D.1
Former Sponsor
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default You may have missed this

Originally Posted by Aaresz
I apologize to the OP because my comments have nothing to do with the topic, but neither does the personal attacks between members regarding SS. I agree with SoCal that it seems like we are on the SS forums with all the endorsements for the product being weighted in at every turn, but also understand the owners of this particular product are enthusiastic about it. So just let it go already because it's really getting out of hand. The shotgun seems like the way to go if you want air suspension because of the warranty and customer service, it's just clearly not for everyone. Lastly SoCal I have to say you have the sweetest slim, it just works! Love that signature pic!
The name calling started by a poster who referred to satisfied shotgunshock customers as cheerleaders. Our customers are dedicated because we treat them right and the shotgunshock works as advertised. I offered this individual the opportunity to test ride my slim, so he can comment about our product with some more knowledge, he's not interested in the test ride, so why continue making exaggerated statements about a product you have no interest in learning about?

Old 10-29-2013, 10:33 PM
yzergod
Road Warrior
Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by ghoticov
I bought it used for $900 so I didn't "big money" and feel the need to justify my purchase.
Well, I spent $50 for my used Dead Creek kit. So, your $900 is big money to me. I'm not choosing sides because I don't currently have either on my bike. But I will say that economics play a huge part in it. I have several bikes with my favorite two being the ones in my signature, so money for upgrades is tight. If I only had my Deluxe, I'd figure a way to eventually buy a Shotgun. But since I have to pool my resources to cover more than one bike, I am fine with trying the Dead Creek kit.

ANY lowered softail is cool, cool, cool in my book...

Last edited by yzergod; 10-29-2013 at 11:01 PM.
Old 10-29-2013, 10:47 PM
SoCalSoftailSlim
Elite HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by J.D.1
The name calling started by a poster who referred to satisfied shotgunshock customers as cheerleaders. Our customers are dedicated because we treat them right and the shotgunshock works as advertised. I offered this individual the opportunity to test ride my slim, so he can comment about our product with some more knowledge, he's not interested in the test ride, so why continue making exaggerated statements about a product you have no interest in learning about?
You can thank your customers on this forum for me not taking you up on that test ride, JD.

I don't like being hard sold, and because of them, I associate your product with that method.

So I am not about to go out of my way to the OC to test ride something I can even give an honest review about without being jumped all over for it.

And I called them cheerleaders after they badgered me because I was posting honest recounts of the problems people had with your product. I didn't make any of that stuff up. People had issues. I always pointed out, as I have in this thread, that you fixed the problems promptly.

Seems you guys just don't like the truth.

Old 10-29-2013, 11:03 PM
SoCalSoftailSlim
Elite HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

Thanks for the compliment on my bike Aaresz. Great looking scoot and killer photography you have there.

And thanks to you and yzer for bringing some sanity to the debate here.

I also apologize to the OP for going for afield of his original question.

Old 10-29-2013, 11:13 PM
ghoticov
Elite HDF Member

I've never had a problem with someone not wanting to spend $1200 on the shotgun. Its their money and its not cheap. Is it worth it? I believe so but obviously that is subjective. My issue is SoCal always saying their are "reliability issues" or "constant problems". To me, THAT sounds like an agenda. If he doesn't want it, fine... I didn't think it was worth for over a year. But I didn't feel the need to slam it at every turn either.

Old 10-29-2013, 11:17 PM
ghoticov
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by yzergod
Well, I spent $50 for my used Dead Creek kit. So, your $900 is big money to me. I'm not choosing sides because I don't currently have either on my bike. But I will say that economics play a huge part in it. I have several bikes with my favorite two being the ones in my signature, so money for upgrades is tight. If I only had my Deluxe, I'd figure a way to eventually buy a Shotgun. But since I have to pool my resources to cover more than one bike, I am fine with trying the Dead Creek kit.

ANY lowered softail is cool, cool, cool in my book...
I agree with ya man. Its not for everyone and yes, it is expensive so not everyone wants to lay that kinda cash out for it. Believe me, I know. I had the dead creek kit on for over a year and it was fine. Did it ride like the shotgun? Of course not but it certainly helped the looks overall. But I believe if someone can afford the shotgun, they would not be disappointed in the money they spend to get it because it truly rides so better than stock.

Old 10-29-2013, 11:19 PM
ghoticov
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by SoCalSoftailSlim
You can thank your customers on this forum for me not taking you up on that test ride, JD.

I don't like being hard sold, and because of them, I associate your product with that method.

So I am not about to go out of my way to the OC to test ride something I can even give an honest review about without being jumped all over for it.

And I called them cheerleaders after they badgered me because I was posting honest recounts of the problems people had with your product. I didn't make any of that stuff up. People had issues. I always pointed out, as I have in this thread, that you fixed the problems promptly.

Seems you guys just don't like the truth.
Buy it... buy it... buy it...

Quick Reply: Lowering my '13 deluxe