Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

solo prototype from Danny Gray for Breakout

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2013, 09:00 PM
asputin
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

called them today.436 bucks for the 2 up.thats my girlfriends christmas present this year!

Old 10-26-2013, 05:12 AM
CanuckWhiskey14
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Todd ... The solo is 334.70 and the two up is 432.55 .... That is what Sherry from Danny Gray has quoted me through an email .....

Old 10-26-2013, 06:20 AM
BlessedHellride
Road Master
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Seriously?? Do you not think that's way overpriced and ugly, nearly as bad as that Corbin monstrosity? They can't even give you guys a solid price on two different quotes!
The HD Sundowner setup looks better and is a lot more affordable, keeping that stock look. Not to mention, you can mix the stock rider seat with passenger Sundowner or any combo of the two. I have the sundowner rider and passenger seats available f/s and will give any interested forum member a deal and 1/2, probably beating the cost of the DG solo for both HD's shipped. I also have QR sissy bar and QR saddlebag complete setup f/s too. These need to go. Help a forum buddy out, PM if interested.

Last edited by BlessedHellride; 10-26-2013 at 07:05 AM.
Old 10-26-2013, 07:30 AM
rockinred
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Those lines are smooth.... Looks like a great option to me. All seats are way overpriced unless you get them second hand. jmo Not discrediting leather craftsmanship we all got to survive, but damn...4-5 bills on a little seat always makes me cringe. Glad I'm done seat shopping for now. lol

Old 10-26-2013, 08:02 AM
CanuckWhiskey14
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have to get something other than the stock set up as my wife and kids refuse to sit on that little wedge they call a passenger seat .... And for solo riding , I hate my stock seat and need a deeper saddle / higher back....

Old 10-26-2013, 10:34 AM
crawlgsx
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BlessedHellride
Seriously?? Do you not think that's way overpriced and ugly, nearly as bad as that Corbin monstrosity? They can't even give you guys a solid price on two different quotes!
The HD Sundowner setup looks better and is a lot more affordable, keeping that stock look. Not to mention, you can mix the stock rider seat with passenger Sundowner or any combo of the two. I have the sundowner rider and passenger seats available f/s and will give any interested forum member a deal and 1/2, probably beating the cost of the DG solo for both HD's shipped. I also have QR sissy bar and QR saddlebag complete setup f/s too. These need to go. Help a forum buddy out, PM if interested.
While I agree the price sucks (pretty used to it, all these companies charge way to much for seats so why would it change now?), This is a far nicer looking option than the Sundowner IMO if you ride solo. The solo Sundowner bolster is still too tall/bulky for the lines of the Breakout (for me). It doesn't look bad by any means but to me this will look way nicer solo.

Old 10-26-2013, 11:05 AM
Redbeard719
Grand HDF Member

Received 1,226 Likes on 550 Posts

I recently picked up a Danny Grey seat for my 09 Springer....

While I haven't done any 200-300 mile days on it yet, I've ridden long times through traffic, etc. No hotspots, and I know I can ride this one for 8-12 hours without issue.

IMHO, Danny Grey builds a great seat. Looks like the Breakout options will be just as nice.

Old 11-15-2013, 07:46 AM
Kiernans88
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well...it's November 15th! Let's see our new seat selections!!!

Old 11-22-2013, 01:29 AM
Harley_Charley
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Ya jbreakout, where is your seat?

Old 11-22-2013, 02:27 AM
Rodzilla6
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I have a danny gray on my rocker and love it. Do long distance trips without any issue. BUT, make sure you get saddle gel...the best 75 bucks you will ever spend...Gel makes a huge positive difference! My brother did not get gel and he is not a happy boy...

Quick Reply: solo prototype from Danny Gray for Breakout