Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dual bulb headlight

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 09:00 PM
fbhawg
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dual bulb headlight

I trust you, sounds like you did the homework. So bottom line, price aside, is a Silverstar as good as the Harley Dual Bulb conversion?

Old 03-13-2007, 01:07 PM
clueless
Tourer

two diffent things... the silverstar are noticably brighter but not anything earth shattering. you cant get a lot more lumens out unless you increase wattage.

the dual lamp conversion kit gives you better optics to throw down the light better. Now that the low beam is separte from the high beam... the low beam is focused better and not trying to be both a low beam optics and a high beam optics.

if money is no option go the dual bulb route and upgrade the bulbs the HD ships with the dual bulb light kit.

Old 03-14-2007, 02:50 PM
SCJE8
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

fbhawg...I concur with clueless...I just finished the HD dual bulb upgrade this past weekend, but I'vebeen offline for a few days and didn't see your post until this morning.

I ran SilverStars on my last two Honda VTX machines...nice bulbs over OEM, but the same proglem of give-and-take of running both low and high beam from the same focal point. The HD dual bulb has a much superior light pattern over OEM...you wouldn't believe it until the first time you rolled out into the darkness with it! I didn't really notice the need to upgrade the wattage that clueless mentioned, but I also have the halogen auxillary lights installed. I guess it's apple/oranges. I feel very comfortable in stating that I have more than sufficient lighting for me to see, and to be seen! Well worth the $$$...and check it out at Zanotti. Great prices, great service! And no, I don't work for them!

Good luck...

Steve

Old 03-14-2007, 08:05 PM
fbhawg
Tourer

Thanks guys, $130 isn't that much so I'm going to do it. I am kind of curious how Clueless changed the sockets for higher wattage bulbs. I'm ok with a soder gun but you madeit sound like an even easier change. Any more advice?

Old 03-14-2007, 09:23 PM
hambone
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I decided to go with the 2 bulb headlight also. Went ahead and ordered it and the new halogen auxilliary lamp kit from Zanotis.

Rick

Old 03-14-2007, 10:50 PM
fbhawg
Tourer

Who is Zanotis? Can't find them on google.

Old 03-14-2007, 11:11 PM
In Memoriam Citoriplus
May our Moderator Rest in Peace
Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

Try looking here.

https://www.zanottimotor.com/

Plug in the HD part number of what you want here,

https://www.zanottimotor.com/shopping/partLookUp.html

and you'll be able to see a marked difference in what yourlocal stealer wants for it.

BTW anyone have the part number for that dual light handy?
I'de like to see what it looks like and if it could be fitted to my Custom.

Old 03-15-2007, 12:38 AM
SCJE8
Club Member

Fbhawg, citoriplus is right on...zanottimotors.com...great people (John or Tim in the Parts Department), and great prices!

Citoriplus...try HD PN 67864-04, or 67863-04A (Page 725 of the 2007 HD Parts and Accessories Catalog...).

Good luck guys...

Steve

Old 03-15-2007, 12:38 AM
bikerbehaviorist
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Citoriplus

for the Aux light bulbs.
Best bet would be to tatke one out and take it to the local auto parts store to have them identify it if it doesn't have an industry standard number on it. If I had to guess its probably one of the H-series bulbs, like H1, H2, H4, etc.

Good Luck, and please let me know if you figure out what the right number is, somebody else might like to know it too later.
If it is the passing lights on the heritage you are talking about they are H3 35 watt. I tried going to 55 watt and they blow the lighting fuse! I also find the 35 watts hard to find - Kuryakan has them and I do find some more reasonably priced on EBay

Old 03-15-2007, 12:45 AM
SCJE8
Club Member

Well I feel like a damn Honda rider...I posted the wrong link to Zanotti a few minutes ago! Follow citoriplus and his links...he posted the right ones.

Sorry guys...my bust!

A very humble Steve...

Quick Reply: Dual bulb headlight