Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pullback Risers for Heritage

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2013, 04:11 PM
hunnus2000
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hunnus2000
WOW! I just had to respond to this as when I started reading I actually thought my wife logged in and wrote this post.
We were sitting in bed this morning researching the exact same issue and we even have the 700.00 quote we got from Harley last night to change out everything. She too just purchased a 2013 Heritage (Candy Orange and Beer Bottle) and needs 1 or 2 more inches in pull-back.

I am not convinced we need to change everything for over 700.00 so we found a dealership in Corinth (we're in Dallas) and they have the 4 inch riser in stock so we're going to ride out there and do a little test. The good part is if we don't think it's enough rise and pull-back, we don't have to buy them but it will be the "eye-ball" test.

I will respond back as to our results.
Report - The Harley OEM part #566066-82A installed without issue on my wife's 2013 Heritage and we did NOT have to change out the cables! Plenty of room.

She (and myself) is tickled pink!!!

Old 10-28-2013, 12:23 PM
Ramboamt
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Prot
Loosen the allen bolt that clamps the controls in place on the handlebars in place and rotate them. I just did these types of adjustments on my 95 Heritage last month.
Thanks for the info.
It's not the control angle, clutch handle or brake handle, but the angle of the bars when rotated back, it aims the end of the handle bars straight down towards the ground so you hands are going up and down not side to side, if you get the picture.

Old 10-28-2013, 03:10 PM
Motorcycle Cowgirl
Tourer

Report - The Harley OEM part #566066-82A installed without issue on my wife's 2013 Heritage and we did NOT have to change out the cables! Plenty of room.

She (and myself) is tickled pink!!!
That's great news!!! We picked up the Deluxe riser on Saturday, but we have not had a chance to install it. It is nice to know that I am not the only one with this problem!

Old 11-07-2013, 08:14 AM
Motorcycle Cowgirl
Tourer

Update! We installed the Deluxe risers last night on the heritage. The riser worked, but the stock clamp that came with the heritage did not fit the Deluxe riser. We are going to Harley today to see if they have a clamp that will fit. We did not need new cables.

Old 11-07-2013, 08:30 AM
NDBadlands4-2
Extreme HDF Member
Received 67 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Motorcycle Cowgirl
Update! We installed the Deluxe risers last night on the heritage. The riser worked, but the stock clamp that came with the heritage did not fit the Deluxe riser. We are going to Harley today to see if they have a clamp that will fit. We did not need new cables.
Please post pictures when you get it all done.

Old 11-07-2013, 08:32 AM
HDmikie
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 112 Likes on 88 Posts

WOW! I just had to respond to this as when I started reading I actually thought my wife logged in and wrote this post.
We were sitting in bed this morning researching the exact same issue and we even have the 700.00 quote we got from Harley last night to change out everything. She too just purchased a 2013 Heritage (Candy Orange and Beer Bottle) and needs 1 or 2 more inches in pull-back.

I am not convinced we need to change everything for over 700.00 so we found a dealership in Corinth (we're in Dallas) and they have the 4 inch riser in stock so we're going to ride out there and do a little test. The good part is if we don't think it's enough rise and pull-back, we don't have to buy them but it will be the "eye-ball" test.

I will respond back as to our results.
$700 is outrageous. It's a simple install.....takes about 20 minutes to swap out. Buy the $50 four inch riser (2.5 inches up and 1.5 inches back) and do it yourself. You may have to buy a big socket to remove the bolts. You won't have to replace cables. Btw, while installing the new riser be sure to tighten each of the 2 bolts little by little to make sure the handlebars are even.

Old 11-07-2013, 06:55 PM
hdgzr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,820 Likes on 815 Posts

Originally Posted by Motorcycle Cowgirl
Yeah, you'll need the Deluxe top clamp.

Old 11-07-2013, 08:10 PM
Chunker
Road Warrior
Received 65 Likes on 46 Posts

I put the 4" pull back riser on my 13 fatboy and did not need any cable or wiring additions. The risers give both up and back, don't remember the amount. The fatboy had 1.25" bars and are internally wired and there was plenty of room to do the install with no additions. But I was disappointerd in the quality of the Harley 4" riser. The stock riser is solid billet aluminum. The 4" are hollow and light weight. They fit and hold the bars solid but crappy quality and design for the money. The clamp also is allen bolts from below that are difficult to get tight. No way I could get my torque wrench in there. As I recall, 1/4" allen. Loctite.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...-09-5626909--1

Last edited by Chunker; 11-07-2013 at 08:13 PM.
Old 01-23-2014, 10:19 AM
michaeleclark
6th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Put the #55900023 4" risers on my 2013 Heritage and like others had no problems. Only needed to remove the lowest cable guide. Much more comfortable for my wrists.

Old 01-23-2014, 12:49 PM
Ramboamt
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by michaeleclark
Put the #55900023 4" risers on my 2013 Heritage and like others had no problems. Only needed to remove the lowest cable guide. Much more comfortable for my wrists.
Michaelclark, where did you get it and for how much?

Quick Reply: Pullback Risers for Heritage