Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Danny Gray for Breakout

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2013, 10:22 PM
CanuckWhiskey14
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Danny Gray for Breakout

Anyone ever had a Danny Gray solo or two up seat ?? I emailed them today and they have two different seats for the Breakout ... the Butt crack solo and the weekday 2upXL .... just wondering as I am looking for a different option for solo with a higher back on it to stop sliding backwards ...

Old 10-11-2013, 11:04 PM
dyolfknip
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Jbreakout13
Anyone ever had a Danny Gray solo or two up seat ?? I emailed them today and they have two different seats for the Breakout ... the Butt crack solo and the weekday 2upXL .... just wondering as I am looking for a different option for solo with a higher back on it to stop sliding backwards ...
I have the Butt crack on my train. Better than stock and you don't slide backward.

Old 10-12-2013, 03:41 AM
FatBoyZombie
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Danny Gray Butt Crack Solo here. I love it, it looks great and the ride is nice and comfy for a thin seat. It has just enough back lip to keep me from sliding back off the rear fender. I got the gell, leather, and custom stitching. For me it was either Danny Gray or LaPerra. I am very happy with my decision. I have some pic's...

Old 10-12-2013, 04:46 AM
Reaperman81
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a weekday 2-up a few years back on my 06 night train and loved it. Il probably be looking into the 2up xl when it comes out for sure. It looks decent in the pics they have of it on the fatboy so well see. If its huge like the corbin abomination I wont so well see.

Old 10-12-2013, 07:26 AM
24v
Elite HDF Member
Received 706 Likes on 383 Posts

I had a buttcrack solo and rear pillion on my Blackline. They make nice seats.

However, I would be curious to see how they mount the Breakout seat.
If you look at the Fatboy for example. The stock Fatboy seat bolts on just like the stock Breakout seat. Most aftermarket seats for the Fatboy are longer, and bolt on further back on the fender. The Fatboy has an extra hole between the stock 2 hole mount and the rear seat hole. The Breakout does not have this extra hole. So, if they make the seat mount to the stock 2 bolts, it may not go back far enough to make a dip and get the high back. If they build a bracket that goes under somehow and allows a longer seat, then they could make it like the Fatboy.

I guess the other option would be to put less foam in the center of the seat to lower it. But I can't see that being as comfortable.