Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Almost a heart attack

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2013 | 06:03 PM
Bluraven
|
Grand HDF Member
Default Almost a heart attack

I took a quick ride today to go pickup lunch for my Wife and I.

I got back and as I've done for the last couple of months docked my 09 Heritage into my Condor wheel chock in the garage. I just got the Condor a couple of months ago.

As I was starting to eat lunch, I heard my bike alarm chirp, then another chirp and before I could get into the garage all hell broke loose.

As I opened the garage door I was horrified to find my ride laying on it's side and all the lights a flashing and the alarm going nuts.

Of course I ran over and set the bike up and started looking for all the damage.

To my amazement other than a small scratch on one highway peg, there was no damage.

Looks like my saddlebags, highway pegs and crash bars saved the day.

I don't know why the bike fell over in the Condor.
After I got it up and docked in the Condor, I couldn't even come close to pushing it over.

The only thing I can think of is I just didn't have it fully docked.

Old 10-10-2013 | 07:17 PM
heybaylor
Stellar HDF Member

hmmm...
OK ?

Old 10-10-2013 | 08:43 PM
jam436
Supporter

Originally Posted by Bluraven
I don't know why the bike fell over in the Condor.
After I got it up and docked in the Condor, I couldn't even come close to pushing it over.

The only thing I can think of is I just didn't have it fully docked.
Must not have been...
The only other time I've heard of a bike falling out of a chock was when a guy left his bike parked in one, overnight, while it was up on one of the Harbor Freight tables.
What he didn't know at the time was that the front tire had developed a slow leak.
I'm still not sure how that alone could have caused it to fall, but it couldn't have been pretty.

Old 10-11-2013 | 08:14 PM
fireman64
Road Warrior

Can you post a picture?

Old 10-11-2013 | 08:46 PM
Bluraven
|
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by fireman64
Can you post a picture?
post a picture of what, the bike on it's side? No way, I'm not going to lay it back over just for a picture!!!!

Or are you asking about a picture of the bike docked in the Condor?

Old 10-11-2013 | 09:05 PM
challutz
Cruiser

Thats why I decided on WheelDock , in addition to the hydraulic arms squeezin the front tire into the unit it also has a ratchet strap and two loops so you can ratchet the wheel in for further protection. You may want to fabricate some hooks on the front and then use a baby ratchet strap through the wheel for a little piece of mind . That would be a real kick in the ***** if it happened again.

Old 10-11-2013 | 09:42 PM
timsmcm
Cruiser

what the f\ck is a condor and why dont you have it on the kick stand? It has worked for me for better than 40 years.

Old 10-11-2013 | 09:52 PM
Bluraven
|
Grand HDF Member

The Condor is a wheel chock that can be used free standing or secured in a trailer.

The reason to use it in the garage is that it keeps the bike upright taking up less room.
The primary reason I bought it though was for trailering and I got it used for $175.

Here's a youtube video showing the product.

Old 10-12-2013 | 09:35 AM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member

If I have a choice of it being on the kickstand which is 99% not going to fall over or a condor thing! to save room and might or might not fall over, give me a crowded garage and a kickstand.

You're lucky nothing worse happened to your bike.

Old 10-12-2013 | 11:35 AM
Bluraven
|
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by ChickinOnaChain
If I have a choice of it being on the kickstand which is 99% not going to fall over or a condor thing! to save room and might or might not fall over, give me a crowded garage and a kickstand.

You're lucky nothing worse happened to your bike.
I agree that kickstand is best.
I only used the Condor because I have it.

My eldest Son just moved out last weekend and took his bike with him so that freed up space in my garage so I have even less reasons to use the Condor free standing.

Last, after looking over the Condor I will admit, I was using a wheel setting for a larger wheel so that might have been my issue.

Quick Reply: Almost a heart attack