Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1st official bike show.

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2013 | 01:57 PM
tbonetony06
|
Outstanding HDF Member
Default 1st official bike show.

I have never put my bike in an "official big bike show" because at times when they had one my bike wasn't ready or it was down for mods. I have put it in small "unofficial parking lot bike shows" but nothing big that was sponsored, had prizes, trophies and that was advertised. I went last Saturday to finally enter it and when I got there the bike show part of the swap meet was cancelled for low turnout due to weather, which I didn't think was all that bad. So, a bunch of us were standing around out in the parking lot shooting the ****, among other things, and we all decided to have our own. There were probably 50, 60 bikes and a few hundred bikers there that day and out of those there were 8 of us who put our bikes in so we lined those 8 bikes up out in the parking lot. For judges we went to the gate and we picked the first next 3 people who walked through the gates as our judges.

My bike was picked as 1st place winner by all 3 judges and even though it wasn't a "real" bike show, had no trophy's or prizes I was pretty pleased about that and I wore a big smile the rest of that entire day. That let me know or reinforced that everything I did over the past two years all came together and worked like I had hoped it would. I built the bike to please no one but myself but it was nice knowing that what I did was also noticed by others as a combination of things that pleased the eyes of complete strangers too. I met some great people out in that parking lot that day and I think we all had more fun out in the parking lot that day than if we had gone on in and had the "official" bike show. I still say that Bikers are some of the best people you can meet and get to know.

Old 10-10-2013 | 05:15 PM
Juiced_deuce
Cruiser

congrats Tony, while it wasnt an official show, it does speak volumes of the time,effort,thought and money invested. You definately have a nice ride. I dont care who you are its nice as hell to have someone stop and admire and appreciate your bike. I walked out of a gas station this week to a man that graduated with my pops standing looking at my deuce. when i walked up and started talking to him, he was in awe of the diamond cut fins, now maybe its because he is the jeweler in town or as he told me he had a 1938 harley back in the day, but its still nice to hear especially from an 80 yr old man compliment me on my bike.

Attached Thumbnails 1st official bike show.-deuce-now.jpg  
Old 10-10-2013 | 05:16 PM
Juiced_deuce
Cruiser

someone needs to tell me how to show pics in a decent size vs thumbnails. grr

Old 10-10-2013 | 07:16 PM
24v
Elite HDF Member

Congrats Tony your bike is sweet, and sometimes it sure is great to hear others praise your hard work.

Old 10-10-2013 | 07:46 PM
dennyo
Seasoned HDF Member

I just Copy and Pasted your pic , after I opened it ....

Old 10-11-2013 | 08:18 AM
NDBadlands4-2
Extreme HDF Member

Congrats on the win.

Old 10-11-2013 | 08:22 AM
I Corps
Cruiser

Tony,
I can tell you that as far as Hooch and I are concerned, your bike is the best looking Deluxe we have ever seen. Every mod you made compliments the overall theme of the bike, right down to the smallest detail. Those front turn signals you put on are fantastic. They don't detract from the front end at all and are still really bright for visibility. My only complaint is when Hooch looks at your bike she gets too many ideas on what to do to her bike $$$. Hope someday we can meet up in person. We've already met up with your ride many times and it's really beautiful.

Old 10-11-2013 | 12:58 PM
tbonetony06
|
Outstanding HDF Member

Thanks Rick and sorry about Hooch and your wallet but hey, if it wasn't me it would be someone else! At least this way you guys have someone to call, write or to ask about certain mods rather than a shot in the dark all the time. I also wondered if anyone ever noticed all the small details on my bike. I have many obvious big mods but I think it is all the little mods and details that makes the bike. I was down to the shop the other day and I thought that was your bike down there. Yes, this was one screwed up riding season but we will meet and we will ride. The 1st beer is on me for the both of you.

Hey Juiced-Deuce, did you have your cylinders and heads Diamond cut or was it on there when you got the bike? If you did do it what time of year was it and what was the turn around time? Getting mine cut, having head work done and dyno are at the top of my list for this winter. You have a close up you can share?

Thanks to everyone else for the kind words.

Last edited by tbonetony06; 10-11-2013 at 01:00 PM.
Old 10-11-2013 | 01:05 PM
Josewales
Road Warrior

Awesome bro.

Old 10-11-2013 | 02:45 PM
Benway
Elite HDF Member

Nice to get some recognition for all that work, eh? I almost can't stop and get gas without someone coming over and complimenting the bike. Gives you a warm fuzzy... uh.. yeah...

Quick Reply: 1st official bike show.