Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My bike pulls to the left side

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2013 | 08:09 PM
Junkster
Road Captain

Good info Gents. Mine is a freckle off to the right then. Looks like I will deal with this before my sunday ride this weekend. Thanks.

Old 11-30-2014 | 03:30 PM
JerryScanlon
Stage I
Default Fat Boy in Brasil pulls to left

I have a 2010 Fat Boy and I live in the southern hemisphere, Brasil. And yes my baby does pull to the left when I take my hands off the bars.
Took it to several shops, Harley and Independent and got the same answer as you guys in the North. "It's a Harley, they do that"
I don't really care because I am changing it for a sewing machine whatever happens.

Originally Posted by Falcon195
+1
I also noticed that my 2012 Fatboy will lean to the left when I let go of the handlebars. The faster I go the more it seems to want to lean to the left.
I am OK with this as long as my doesn't lean as far left as does Obama.
I wonder if the guys living in the southern hemisphere have softails that lean to the right?

Old 11-30-2014 | 05:48 PM
TSheff
Seasoned HDF Member

I agree more weight on the left side. Also I bet all the bike mentioned have single front rotor, on the left. I know after riding my bikes with dual rotors, I can feel the pull of a single. even the lightest drag would cause a drift.
Also someone mentioned rear wheel alignment - could be, check how the belt sits on the pulley. if your belt is tracking same space front to rear on the pulley without showing wear, I don't know that I would adjust that.

Old 11-30-2014 | 06:50 PM
splattttttt
Ultimate HDF Member

Whether your bike pulls to the right or lefts due to weight or cambers in a road, you must stll properly align the reer wheel
http://https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4Dw2RZlUoUY

Old 11-30-2014 | 08:11 PM
TSheff
Seasoned HDF Member
Old 12-01-2014 | 07:13 AM
cocky
Outstanding HDF Member

My 04 fxdl tracked strait as an arrow and this bike drifts to the left. Only when no hands, so its not to bad. Dealer says normal, but after reading these threads, I am going to talk to him more about it on my next trip.

Old 12-01-2014 | 05:40 PM
ILMFBL
Road Warrior

Funny what dealers will tell ya. I mentioned this same thing when I was at the dealer for something else a while ago and they sent a guy from service out on it right then. He comes back in and confirms yep, it pulls to the left with no hands but (and I quote) Harley says if you can put your right knee into the wind and balance it, that it's within specs. Really? Are you serious? It's not really a big deal to me and I said as much but knee in the wind? Harley specs? Come on! And for what it's worth, I've had several times I've found to take my hands off the bars for crap that was just too small to pull over for. Zip up my jacket, tighten my sunglasses, do my Forest Gump wave to idiots for whatever reason at the time, just to mention a few.

Old 12-01-2014 | 06:31 PM
Tailsfrommycrib
Elite HDF Member

I have never found a good reason to take both my hands off the steering wheel of a car and I couldn't even begin to imagine a good reason to take both my hands off the handlebars of a motorcycle. If veering slightly to the left is an inherit problem for all Harleys when taking both hands off the handlebars I am sure I will never discover it.

Old 12-02-2014 | 12:27 PM
arrowslinger1980
Tourer

mine is so bad i cant even do the biker wave. Im convinced there is a problem in the front end assembly process since that is the only part of my bike i have not replaced to try to correct this.

Old 12-06-2014 | 02:27 AM
rogersachs
Road Captain
Smile

On my 2005 V rod it pulled to right. I believe its from the heavy mufflers.
I solved my problem by adding 24 lbs into my left saddle bag. Used 2 lb fishing weights. Once I got the right weight I could ride quite a while without my hands on the bars.
Roger

Quick Reply: My bike pulls to the left side