Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Michelin Commander II on a FatBoy Lo?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2015, 01:44 PM
Snowyone
Road Captain
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Command

I tried the Commander 11's on my 011 Fatboy Lo and like the rear better than the Lops, and Metz's. For whatever reason I didn't like the front so much. I'm just a cruiser but do put on quite a few miles each year and in the twisty's I didn't get a really fuzzy liking to the front feel. I've ended up with an American Elite Dunlop made for a Honda Winger on a 18" rim and like it best of all. The best I ever got from the Lops was 4800 miles before wear bars started disappearing and 3800 on some Metz's before cords appeared in the middle of nowhere. I've over 4k on the Commander now and it looks good for 2k more. I weigh in at a slender 270lbs so I'm sure that contributes to accelerated tire wearouts.

Old 05-28-2015, 10:32 PM
ILMFBL
Road Warrior
Received 132 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by Misbehaven
I wish I could give you a fair comparison on that. While the wife took the tires and wheels over to to the dealer I installed a Shotgun shock. I can say that with both I have a better ride and had no problems pushing hard through the corners. I feel that the front tire did feel better then the Stock Dunlop. Just did not seem to want to washout as much as before. I know that I was leaning a bit harder then I used to but that was contributed to having the shotgun shock raised up to it's highest setting and I was not scraping the boards like I did when I was lowered 2". Wish I could give you more insight on the tires. But I feel that the Shotgun shock may also be contributing to the better handling.
Thanks for the input, you're about a year ahead of me on both MitchII"s and SS. I didn't sell any guns for that freight train so maybe for the Shotgun instead? Mmmmmm?