Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

exile pushrod covers add nice spin to satin chrome

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2013 | 08:02 PM
billybobber
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Hawaii-Five-Jo
Where'd you get them from? Got a part#?
Dont have a part # but these are sold exclusively through exile cycles. Why Russel didnt put these beauties in his new catalog is beyond me.....
Give russel a call directly at his shop and prepare to part with 2 bills to get these- I love em.
I also bought a coil relocation kit from exile that cleanly mounts the coil under the tranny. I have yet to relocate it just yet but cant wait to clean up the left side of the bike and also remove the center post

Old 10-04-2013 | 10:33 PM
Redder
Tourer

i used his coil relo kit....i love the look.here are the results.

Attached Thumbnails exile pushrod covers add nice spin to satin chrome-image.jpg  
Old 10-05-2013 | 11:50 AM
billybobber
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Redder
i used his coil relo kit....i love the look.here are the results.
looks good, was it a hard mod?
I know the tank has to come off and then find a good path to route wires. What did you use to crimp the terminals with?

Old 10-06-2013 | 04:16 AM
Redder
Tourer

it wasnt hard install...typical "just take your time" job.

i used wire crimpers and needle nose pliers for crimping the terminals. i had my tank off anyway for ape install and a 2-inch lift i was doing on it. so, i didnt take the tank off just for the coil relo.

the toughest part of the coil install was just screwing in the coil plate from underneath. just a bad angle...
when you put it on...dont tighten the plate, keep it loose so you can jimmy around the coil,...then tighten it down. if i recall correctly, i connected the terminals to the coil first, them bolted it up. no way to get your hands in there if you try to connect wires to coil after you bolt up the coil.

the exile kit uses the same screw holes that Peoples Republic of California riders use for their charcoal canisters.

this is one of my favorite mods...it really cleans up the side...esp if you wack the cowbell horn also. i also love how you can see through where the post used to be.

you will be really happy with the look afterwards.

Old 10-06-2013 | 07:46 AM
dennyo
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Redder
it wasnt hard install...typical "just take your time" job.

i used wire crimpers and needle nose pliers for crimping the terminals.

when you put it on...dont tighten the plate, keep it loose so you can jimmy around the coil,...then tighten it down. if i recall correctly, i connected the terminals to the coil first, them bolted it up. no way to get your hands in there if you try to connect wires to coil after you bolt up the coil.

the exile kit uses the same screw holes that Peoples Republic of California riders use for their charcoal canisters.you will be really happy with the look afterwards.
........... Some Good Tips , Thanks ,