Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

slim and blackline owners - Seat Questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2013, 11:38 AM
clarkchriston
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default slim and blackline owners - Seat Questions

Ok i've read the Slim threads, looked at pictures, and found some answers but I have a few specific questions. My wife is 5'0 and just upgraded from a nightster to the slim. We are looking at getting her a new seat to help push her forward slightly and maybe have a bit more support in the lower back to keep her in the seat. Right now she tends to slide back in the seat when she throttles and it makes her reach to the shift lever a little more difficult. I've searched for seats and it looks like Leperra, and Danny Grey make some good looking solo seats. It also looks like the Blackline seat has a different "pocket" than the slim and appears to have more rear support.

Can anyone confirm that the Slim and Blackline use seats are compatible?
Is anyone running a blackline seat on a slim, if so how do you like it and how does it differ (seat postition compared to stock)?
Anyone running either a Danny Grey or Leperra seat, if so how do you like it and how does it differ (seat postition compared to stock)?
Anyone running something else and if so please let me know.

Thanks

Old 10-03-2013, 01:48 PM
blkline69
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yes, slim and blackline seats fit on each other. i thought the moco made a reduced reach seat for the slim/blackline, i'd check there first.

Old 10-03-2013, 05:59 PM
BMM48
Tourer

I have the Danny Gray Buttcrack Solo on my Slim and I dont think it has changed much; if anything it might be a bit lower but that is it. I rate it though.

Old 10-03-2013, 06:03 PM
clarkchriston
Road Master

Not sure what you mean "I rate it though". Do you like the seat. I received a prompt email form Danny Grey today and they recommended the "Speed Cradle Seat". Same as the butcrack solo but 2" thicker padding in the rear to push the rider forward. I may have to give it a try.

Old 10-03-2013, 06:09 PM
BMM48
Tourer

I mean I rate the seat as a whole. Very comfortable, well constructed and it fits well.

I would recommend Danny Gray for sure.

Old 10-03-2013, 07:48 PM
Pie1971
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the black line seat the comfort level is the same as the slims stock, I purchase the Mustang day tripper and what a world of difference I think it will move her forward about a 1".

Old 10-10-2013, 07:06 AM
JPGA
Intermediate
Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Hi,
The original Blackline seat fits perfectly well on the Slim, especially on duo, its more confortable than the HD pillow for the passenger.

Old 10-10-2013, 10:46 AM
Papa Joe
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The stock blackline seat sucks! I went with a corbin seat. It is a hair lower than stock and way mor comfortable.

Old 10-10-2013, 11:59 AM
clarkchriston
Road Master

Thanks for all the responses. I ended up going with a Danny Grey seat. I called them to ask about the postion of their Butcrack Solo seat. Sherry @ Danny Grey suggested their "Speed Cradle Seat". She described it as basically the butcrack solo seat which already has a better back support or butt stopper, but it also has 2" thicker padding (in the back) so it pushes the rider forward not up about 2". I am very happy with the Customer Service I received from Danny Grey and ordered the seat. Unforutnatley the seat is so new it does not show as an option yet (even on their website) so you would have to order it directly from Danny Grey. I have attached a photo they sent me and will follow up with some photos of the seat on the bike and a review from my wife when she gets some saddle time on it.

Attached Thumbnails slim and blackline owners - Seat Questions-img_4218.jpg