Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whitewalls? On a white bike?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2015, 11:50 PM
Road Star
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 429 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by xmen9c
Dunno... I think the discs when chromed look pretty nice with whitewalls. I may be biased though...

Sweet ride!
Those wheels are nice!

What mirrors are those? And, are those the HD speakers? Where do you keep the amp-thingy and controls?

Old 10-14-2015, 12:03 AM
lbottini
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

The boss says whitewalls after Labor Day is a fashion don't.

Old 10-14-2015, 06:08 AM
saddlebag
Tourer
Received 71 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by xmen9c
Dunno... I think the discs when chromed look pretty nice with whitewalls. I may be biased though...

Just when I think I know what I like, someone's gotta come along and turn me on my head.

Never been a fan of Fatboy rims and wasn't too sure about white walls on a white bike. Your's gave me a new appreciation for both!

Old 10-14-2015, 10:25 AM
xmen9c
Road Master
Received 242 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by Road Star
Sweet ride!
Those wheels are nice!

What mirrors are those? And, are those the HD speakers? Where do you keep the amp-thingy and controls?
Thanks Road Star (I actually had a Road Star in 1999 - 1st year for that bike. Traded it in for the FatBoy)! I really dig the look of the FB now that I changed out the blackwalls to WWW's. I liked it before too as this is my first Harley and I plan on always having it but the look now really does it for me. Its comfy and looks very nostalgic, which it is, at almost 13 years old.

The mirrors are Harley's black circular mirrors (available in their parts catalog under part #92423-08A). I actually had them from my 2012 CVO Road Glide that I have since sold.

The speakers are also Harley under part #76262-08A. The amp comes with the speakers and mounts on the downtubes where and engine guard would mount. Controls are mounted on handlebars right next to your switches. Its just On, Off and Volume but that's all you need.

Peace and Ride Safe!

Last edited by xmen9c; 10-14-2015 at 10:28 AM.
Old 10-14-2015, 10:26 AM
xmen9c
Road Master

Originally Posted by saddlebag
Just when I think I know what I like, someone's gotta come along and turn me on my head.

Never been a fan of Fatboy rims and wasn't too sure about white walls on a white bike. Your's gave me a new appreciation for both!
Thanks Saddlebag!

I was right there with you for awhile. Was never sure WWW's would go with the solid wheels or on a FatBoy in general until I saw a few pics on this forum (shout out to Jameson from me too!). Then as they were being mounted I knew I made the right call.

Appreciate the positive comments!

Last edited by xmen9c; 10-14-2015 at 10:29 AM.
Old 10-14-2015, 12:44 PM
thephatboy2003
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Raddazzz
White walls would look great on that bike, but not with the fatboy rims.. Have seen a few fatboys with stock wheels and white walls didnt look like they belonged....
Well, was gonna wait till I read all the way through the Thread, but then I saw this post and just couldn't wait..... and believe me I have no problem at all with anyone's opinion as far as a WWW on the Fatboy Disc. I know how you Guys feel, I felt the same way. I was going to go with Chrome spokes and yeah, even thought about the Heritage Front Fender. Since I didn't have the Cash for all this I decided to go a little at a time and maybe by Summer 2016, I'd have all items in place. So I got the Tires first and put them on. Well, Not sure bout anyone else and don't really care, but I for one found out I liked the way the WWW's look on my Fatboy with the Stock Rims. The only thing I would think about now is whether I chrome the rims or now, otherwise, I'm pretty happy keeping it like this. It is, afterall a Fatboy and the Rims are part and parcel with that. I like the fact that I'm able to stay closer to what the Fatboy is.

Old 10-14-2015, 01:17 PM
xmen9c
Road Master

Originally Posted by thephatboy2003
Well, was gonna wait till I read all the way through the Thread, but then I saw this post and just couldn't wait..... and believe me I have no problem at all with anyone's opinion as far as a WWW on the Fatboy Disc. I know how you Guys feel, I felt the same way. I was going to go with Chrome spokes and yeah, even thought about the Heritage Front Fender. Since I didn't have the Cash for all this I decided to go a little at a time and maybe by Summer 2016, I'd have all items in place. So I got the Tires first and put them on. Well, Not sure bout anyone else and don't really care, but I for one found out I liked the way the WWW's look on my Fatboy with the Stock Rims. The only thing I would think about now is whether I chrome the rims or now, otherwise, I'm pretty happy keeping it like this. It is, afterall a Fatboy and the Rims are part and parcel with that. I like the fact that I'm able to stay closer to what the Fatboy is.
Agree 100% on the wheels being part of what makes a FB a FB. I struggled with those same thoughts too.

Bike is cool. Chrome discs would set it off even more IMO. You could do exchange on eBay for fair price.

Old 10-14-2015, 01:31 PM
thephatboy2003
Tourer

That's what I think I'm gonna do. The thing with me is I prefer the wheels chromed as they are, with the dimpled inner portion of the disc staying dimpled. Not the Mirror finish. This may be the thing I do this winter. I had even bought an extra set of Rims so I could send them out and not be without the bike for any period of time. But I definately agree that Chroming them will set them off even more.

Old 10-14-2015, 01:39 PM
thephatboy2003
Tourer

hey, just a side note to all the guys here and all the bikes......there are so many really good looking combinations. Jameson's bike I've always liked alot, I think Bikelaw's bike is awesome as well, and these are 2 bikes with the Fatboy front fender that I thought had to be changed to a heritage style fender, till I saw their bikes and realized how good the bike looks with the original Fender too. And a big fan of the 21" fat spokes as well as the 16" regular spokes......... They're all good. I'm not even sure I really have a preference, If I had ton's of cash, I'd have a bunch of different looking bikes, thats for sure.

Old 10-14-2015, 11:34 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 819 Likes on 805 Posts

all white bike,,, IMO no WW's

on a two tone bike OK --- ONLY---"""IF"" the dark color is next to the tire and the white is in the middle of the tins....

I know -- Just me --- But you Asked....

Quick Reply: Whitewalls? On a white bike?