Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vance and Hines Big Shot Staggered

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2013 | 11:18 AM
irishmil
|
Intermediate
Default Vance and Hines Big Shot Staggered

I am thinking about getting these pipes for my 2008 CVO Springer. I would get them with the quiet baffle...
My question is: Has anyone ever gotten these pipes and regretted it for being too loud? I know they are going to be louder than my stock pipes but just want to see what everyones thoughts are on these pipes

Thank you

Old 09-19-2013 | 11:20 AM
FXDWG12
Road Master

Great pipes.

Old 09-19-2013 | 11:23 AM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member

Great pipe but not the best for power gains. They will hold you back when you start modding the motor.

Old 09-19-2013 | 11:25 AM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member

i had them in black on my fatboy lo, until i noticed that everyone else had them, too..then changed them out. but they're a pretty good pipe.

Old 09-19-2013 | 11:33 AM
irishmil
|
Intermediate

I am thinking about ordering them in black too, just to tone down all the chrome that came with the CVO... Thank you for your thughts on the pipes

SGT...what did you change to?

Old 09-19-2013 | 11:38 AM
blu92in99
Cruiser

Originally Posted by irishmil
I am thinking about getting these pipes for my 2008 CVO Springer. I would get them with the quiet baffle...
My question is: Has anyone ever gotten these pipes and regretted it for being too loud? I know they are going to be louder than my stock pipes but just want to see what everyones thoughts are on these pipes

Thank you
I have the Short Shots on mine, which for all intents and purposes should be louder than the longer-piped Big Shots. I have no regrets about mine being 'too loud'. It's sedated while cruising but definitely lets people know you're there when cracking the throttle wide open. I think you'll be happy with the Big Shots.

I do agree that they'll hold you back when it comes to making big power though, when compared against a 2-into-1 exhaust system (like the V&H Pro Pipe, Thunderheader, Bassani Road Rage, etc). But if you're not after max numbers then worry not, you'll be satisfied. Your engine will still breathe easier through them than stock pipes and free up a few ponies.

Old 09-19-2013 | 01:45 PM
ghoticov
Elite HDF Member

...to tone down all the chrome that came with the CVO...
Shame on you!

Old 09-19-2013 | 02:16 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member

I am thinking about ordering them in black too, just to tone down all the chrome that came with the CVO... Thank you for your thughts on the pipes

SGT...what did you change to?

I had a set of 'modified' V&H Straight Shots off a 2000 Night Train laying around, so I sent them out for ceramic coating and mounted them up.. So don't let anyone lie to you about pre-2006 exhausts not fitting a 2007+ frame..because they do. Just need a bit of a spacer to clear the swingarm.

And I'm already making plans for this winter to fabricate a new exhaust, so we'll see how that goes.

Anyways, if you decide on the V&H BSS's in Black, send me an email, I still have them and will sell them. There's two small scratches on the heatshields in barely-noticable places, but everything else is in really good shape.

Old 09-19-2013 | 03:01 PM
gintree0
Intermediate

Awesome pipes..my father has them on his heritage, but they are going to be quite a bit louder than your stock's...you are the only one that is going to be able to determine what too loud is brotha

Old 09-19-2013 | 03:34 PM
irishmil
|
Intermediate

ghoticov...lol on chrome
SGT...Will keep you posted if I order them. There is a guy here on base looking to sell his also. Nice looking bike
gintree0...my hearing kind of sucks, but dont want the noise to kill neighbors...lol

Quick Reply: Vance and Hines Big Shot Staggered