Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

@#$&)# Windshield!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 07:52 PM
07FLSTC_Navy
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Try these

Interesting post.

Anyone else use the Jack's Flaps vest with their windshield? Sounds like a bargain at $89 -- if it works.

Old 07-04-2007, 08:05 PM
smknflms
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

HD makes a fork air baffle for the touring bikes..not sure if it would fit fatboys or heritages but might asboth have FL frontends...

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US
Later

Old 07-04-2007, 10:17 PM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

ORIGINAL: 07FLSTC_Navy

Interesting post.

Anyone else use the Jack's Flaps vest with their windshield? Sounds like a bargain at $89 -- if it works.
The Jack's Flaps vest works pretty good.
It's worth the money and a pretty nice vest too.

I emailed him and told him my height and weight and he sent me a perfect fit too.

Even though I went a head and put on the Harley chromewind deflectorsand they work great too.
http://*******.com/25znn3
If you don't like the looks of the lowers the vest will do just fine.

Old 07-04-2007, 10:24 PM
07FLSTC_Navy
Cruiser

Thanks, Les. Hadn't heard of the chrome wind deflectors.

Have you used these with a windshield? Wondering if it helps with the wind smacking your head around.

Old 07-04-2007, 10:47 PM
Midwest Muscle
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think I remember where I put my quick release one for my '03 FXSTS. It might be good and buried in that storage room by now ...

Old 07-04-2007, 10:51 PM
TraumaKing
Banned

I have a 2006 Springer Classic with a fairly large detatchable windshield and I have no buffeting or any obscene airflow from either side of the tank. I can run up to 80 (on rare occasion) and its like a walk in the park, The only time I have an issue is if the day is already very windy to begin with and I am running into an already stiff headwind, then I WILL GET BEATEN A BIT!You may need to investigate the size and height of the windshield you have, you may need to get a taller wider shield. This is dependent on your height and sitting posture. Remember you need to match the shield with the person and riding habits not just what looks good. Just a thought.....hope it helps.

Old 07-04-2007, 11:01 PM
07FLSTC_Navy
Cruiser

Thanks for the input. I had heard that I may need a slightly shorter windshield. I'm 6'2 and I'm looking about 1-2 inches over the stock shield. None of the wind over the shield is touching my helmet so I get the buffeting from under the shield and around the tank. I never really thought much about it until I heard of others having the same issue and there being several possibilities to address it. I don't have a leather vest and was planning to get one anyway. The chrome wind deflectors don't look that bad either.

Thanks again.

Old 07-04-2007, 11:03 PM
apilcher
Cruiser

they make windshilds for motorcycles.....????

Old 07-04-2007, 11:05 PM
wrenchguy24
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: @#$&)# Windshield!!

I just sold My 2003 fxst !! had the same issue with the wind coming up on both sides of the tank, Now the bike I had before this wasa Goldwing now coming from no wind at all to this was a very surprise!!My fxst had a windsheild and then I did put the memphis shields on it it did help!!!!
Well now that I sold that bike and now have a heritage with stock windsheild and the metal deflectors that go down each side of the front forks!!!! THIS IS NIGHT AND DAY DIFFERENCE O my god they really work !!! Trust me I no what its like to ride with no wind at all from the wing !!! I know its the deflectors cause I rented a RK a year ago It did not have the deflectors and the wind was there!!!!

Old 07-04-2007, 11:10 PM
07FLSTC_Navy
Cruiser
Default RE: @#$&)# Windshield!!

That helps make my mind up. I didn't like the idea of the Memphis Shades because their website only says you "may" have to re-locate turn signals. Which to me means you MUST- they obviously know the answer.

Looks like I have to get them from the dealer - I couldn't find the chrome wind deflectors anywhere online.

Quick Reply: @#$&)# Windshield!!