Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who is using the Corbin Solo Seat?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2013, 08:24 AM
NDBadlands4-2
Extreme HDF Member
Received 67 Likes on 57 Posts
Default Who is using the Corbin Solo Seat?

I am looking into getting a new seat for the Heritage. I want one with a backrest. Looking at the Corbin solo seat with the backrest. Who has used these, and what do you think? If not one of there, what would you recommend?

Old 09-11-2013, 08:35 AM
SBRob
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,293 Likes on 1,701 Posts

I've found the OEM seat to be the most comfortable stock seat I've had, I purchased an adjustable backrest with studs to match the seat and bags on ebay. Since I ride with a solo set up per my sig pic, I 'm thinking it will keep me from sliding back when riding. I paid $90.00 w/free shipping for it.

I haven't put it on the bike yet, but it's a lot cheaper than buying a new seat with a backrest.

Old 09-11-2013, 08:20 PM
DRL1950
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have used a Corbin on a Deluxe in the past and actually have another coming next week. I love the Corbin seats, have one on my Ultra Limited also, but they are not for everyone. They can be rather stiff at the beginning but for me they end up being the best seat out there.

Old 09-11-2013, 09:44 PM
XKnight
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

If you like the stock Heritage seat you can get a backrest for under $100 from Grasshopper. They make one for 2 up or solo use. I had one of these on a prior bike and they can't be beat for the money. I just ordered one for my Heritage.

http://www.grasshopperlimited.com/harley-davidson/

Old 09-12-2013, 08:30 AM
NDBadlands4-2
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by XKnight
If you like the stock Heritage seat you can get a backrest for under $100 from Grasshopper. They make one for 2 up or solo use. I had one of these on a prior bike and they can't be beat for the money. I just ordered one for my Heritage.

http://www.grasshopperlimited.com/harley-davidson/
I really do like the stock seat, but felt the need for a backrest. I had only seen the one fro Kuryakyn and did not like the look of it. This may be just the ticket. Thanks for the info.

Old 09-12-2013, 09:17 AM
TracerBullet
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,294 Likes on 2,899 Posts

I have had Corbin's on the last 3 bikes I have owned. This one is the first with the backrest and I will never have a bike without the rest again.
Firm at first but when they break in they are one of the most comfy seats out there. JMHO and YMMV

Old 09-12-2013, 09:48 AM
XKnight
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by NDBadlands4-2
I really do like the stock seat, but felt the need for a backrest. I had only seen the one fro Kuryakyn and did not like the look of it. This may be just the ticket. Thanks for the info.
You're welcome. Grasshopper also sells the backrests on Ebay at a discount (see link below). Like you, I really like the stock Heritage seat and find it to be extremely comfortable. I almost ordered a Corbin gunfighter with backrest, but figured I'd give the grasshopper backrest a try first.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Harley-07-UP...item58a42952b8

Old 09-12-2013, 10:46 PM
Firemed509
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a Corbin solo with backrest and love it. I have lower back problems and this has increase my ride times and decreased my lower back pain. I

Old 09-12-2013, 11:02 PM
NDBadlands4-2
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by Firemed509
I have a Corbin solo with backrest and love it. I have lower back problems and this has increase my ride times and decreased my lower back pain. I
Do you have any pictures?

Old 09-13-2013, 06:01 AM
back again
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,332 Likes on 2,565 Posts

Originally Posted by Firemed509
I have a solo and the fast gunfighter for my Train. I run the Classic with a backrest and the F gunfighter without. Between the 2 the fast gunfighter is on the bike 90% of the time. I like Corbins.They are firm when new and get like a good set of leather boots or gloves,they just get better with time. All depends the person in the seat. I've owned too many seats to count finding the right one.

Quick Reply: Who is using the Corbin Solo Seat?