Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

watch where you park

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 05:11 AM
In Memoriam Citoriplus
May our Moderator Rest in Peace
Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts
Default RE: watch where you park

ORIGINAL: rino
I'll see about posting some pics tomorrow.
Thank You,
I would like tosee if what I worked out for my bike is anything like what you and they did.
Last thing I want is for mydreambike to go up in smoke for something that can be easily prevented.

Old 03-11-2007, 05:27 AM
07sophtayl
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: watch where you park

Similar to this,

we have had a few instances of thebattery terminals wearing through some of the wiringnear the terminals. It fried my brothers PC3 1 week after install, fried the ecm, stuffed the et sensor iat sensor and probably would have fried the 02 sensors if they had been connected as the wire the shorted was the common ground to the Positive. As a rule we are inspecting and positively securing all the wiring around the terminals on the 07's that we touch. We also had one bike yesterday that had a wire wear through on the negative terminal. Luckily it was a ground wire so no blow ups. This has been repaired and secured accordingly.

As a fix, we are planning on making up some longer battery leads ( mainly the positive) and turning the battery around 180 degrees. This should give better control of limiting the wires exposed to the terminals.

The dealer has also had instances of other 07's shorting out.

This is all well and good while under warranty. Poor guy who isn't aware and has it happen after warranty runs out........

Prevention is always better than the cure....

cheers

Mick