Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally Big Radius

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2013 | 08:08 AM
CanuckWhiskey14
|
Tourer
Default Finally Big Radius

Took off the V & H slip ons and finally put on the big radius ,,,, And Yes I love it....

Old 08-27-2013 | 08:13 AM
rockinred
Road Captain

They are nice pipes.... On my other bike I took out the stock baffles and put in BCT baffles and the sound was unbeatable. Those big radius sound good now, but imagine a deeper rumble on them.

Good job on the mod!

Old 08-27-2013 | 09:13 AM
Liberator
Cruiser

Originally Posted by rockinred
They are nice pipes.... On my other bike I took out the stock baffles and put in BCT baffles and the sound was unbeatable. Those big radius sound good now, but imagine a deeper rumble on them.
BCT baffles in my big radius pipes as well. REALLY give you that low tone you're looking for.

Old 08-27-2013 | 09:40 AM
F22 Junky
Advanced

How do the BCT baffles sound compared to no baffles in these pipes? Cause thats how im runnin em.

Old 08-27-2013 | 09:48 AM
1BRAVO9
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army

I have the big radius on both of mine and love 'em.

Old 08-27-2013 | 10:11 AM
t03cutt3r
Cruiser

+1 on all the BCT Baffles. I run them in my BR 2n2

Old 08-27-2013 | 10:26 AM
CanuckWhiskey14
|
Tourer

These BCT baffles you all talk about ?? Do they replace the stock V & H baffles ?? I have a set of the Smart Partz Hard Kore baffles now but did not put them in as I did not mind the sound of the stock Big Radius ... What Part # for the BCT or which one ??? And do they really deepen the sound??

Thanks

Old 08-27-2013 | 11:00 AM
rockinred
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Jbreakout13
These BCT baffles you all talk about ?? Do they replace the stock V & H baffles ?? I have a set of the Smart Partz Hard Kore baffles now but did not put them in as I did not mind the sound of the stock Big Radius ... What Part # for the BCT or which one ??? And do they really deepen the sound??

Thanks
J,

They are a company called Big City Thunder Monster baffles. They have been around for a long time. Yes they make it sound really good and much deeper with a good sounds. They also provide the back pressure and reversion that is needed to keep the pipes performance as you should. On my other scoot I had it mapped for VH propipe, moved to the big radius with BCT baffles and no need to remap.

To the poster that questions on what it will do differently than no baffles. It will sound way better and perform the way they should.

I am running the Yaffe crack pipes and i put them in and got great results on my mid range from what I was doing before on the straight pipes. They have a new product called the QQ, but I don't know how much different those are... someone else will have to chime in on that one as I have only used the originals. I was too pleased with originals to take chance on the QQ... they might be better though?

It's really simple to do. Take shields off pipe...unscrew existing baffles and they slide out, and then insert new BCT and screw in... put shields on and go. The big radius require a curved baffle, but BCT will ask you what pipes and give you the correct one. They know all about those pipes as they're one of the hottest on the market now for several years already.

http://www.bigcitythunder.com/

Old 08-27-2013 | 11:17 AM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member

About time! People thought your bike was out of uniform having other than OEM pipes.
So many have them, most non riders probably think they are OEM.

Old 08-27-2013 | 04:56 PM
Liberator
Cruiser

ACTUALLY now that I looked at it I have the BCT QQ baffles and they sound damn good. Took the edge off but still loud! Not so much the "just got back from a rock concert" ringing in my ears anymore. I would never call the QQ quiet in Big Radius pipes unless you stuff 3 or 4 baffles in there, lol!

Quick Reply: Finally Big Radius