Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ricor Intiminators, the BEST suspension mod.

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2013, 09:38 PM
klf33
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Ricor Intiminators, the BEST suspension mod.

When my bike developed a good oil leak from the front forks, (with the 2" lower progressive in them), it was time for a 'rebuild' I decided to go with the Recor Intiminator after consulting with folks here.

Let me tell you, after my test ride today, I am BEYOND impressed,
  • The front end is amazingly Stable, (this is amplified by moving to much narrower bars).
  • I found myself accelerating a LOT faster a lot more confident as the front fork stopped the 'bogo' effect on acceleration
  • Using the front brakes is significantly improved as there is almost no dive.
  • Road irregularities are soaked so well I can't tell you how much I was impressed.
  • Small pumps were soaked without any feeling on the front end, (the rear did jump as I dumped it down with the SS ).
  • I did hit a small curb side just to test it, remember I am 2" under in the front and you can feel the clunk but the bike is stable.
  • High speed bumps do not cause any wobbles any more, the rear wobbles are not amplified through the whole bike, again the bike is finally giving me confidence on the road
  • On the Corners, finally the front end gives you feed back, I can't express the feeling, you have to try it, but I was suddenly a whole lot more confident on the corners ..
If you are ever on the fence, you gotta do it, that is my advice and you guys know I do not hype stuff this is really the real deal.

Old 08-16-2013, 10:23 PM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It doesn't hurt that price has dropped a lot since I bought mine either.

Old 08-16-2013, 10:26 PM
klf33
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Kowan
It doesn't hurt that price has dropped a lot since I bought mine either.
I paid 180$ I think I was going to pay the 1 hour for fork rebuild anyways, so it was worth every penny.
You seem to have stock height, you must have a Cadilac up front . how is your experience with them so far ?

Old 08-16-2013, 10:42 PM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

With the oil, even with their HDForum discount $300.
I'd agree with your experience of smooth stable all around riding and much less fork dive on heavy braking.

Old 08-16-2013, 11:04 PM
2WHEELFEVER
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

should try these on my fatboy, thing has too much travel in the front end!!

Old 08-17-2013, 09:43 AM
KumaRide
Elite HDF Member
Received 187 Likes on 148 Posts

Its amazing how a little cartridge and fork oil change can drastically improve the front suspension. I have not felt the clunk, but have heard it only a couple times when entering a gas stations driveway but your springs are a lot stiffer and -2", mine are stock. Anyone doing a rear suspension upgrade should also do the front and Ricors should be at the top of the list.

Old 08-19-2013, 09:28 AM
klf33
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by KumaRide
Its amazing how a little cartridge and fork oil change can drastically improve the front suspension. I have not felt the clunk, but have heard it only a couple times when entering a gas stations driveway but your springs are a lot stiffer and -2", mine are stock. Anyone doing a rear suspension upgrade should also do the front and Ricors should be at the top of the list.
Yeaa man .. you know it did improve my SS behaviour a lot .. the bike now wobbles less (WAY less) when I hit bot holes and bumps on high speed.

And when I slam the rear I can confirm road bumps unnoticeable at all on the front, but of course they kick my lepera barebones very hard.

All in all, this is one Mod that really brought a smile to my face along the handlebars.. some Mods are just like that.