Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

best windshield for a night train

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 12:18 AM
voodoo93
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: best windshield for a night train

Where as this is not a NT - I can get an advance to GeorgeC's pictures... 14x14 windvest on a Deuce looks like this.

Name:  DSCF0395forweb.jpg
Views: 2328
Size:  100.8 KB
Name:  DSCF0168cropped.jpg
Views: 1882
Size:  61.8 KB

Old 03-05-2007, 02:17 AM
shepo
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whatever screen you decide to buy make sure you try it out first! Make sure you ride it a highway speeds and check out the effects of wind buffeting on your head.

shep.

Old 03-05-2007, 02:44 AM
Train Train
Intermediate

Thanks to everybody for the replies.I agree the best look for a nt is no windshield but I learned from my honda shadow that riding home from work at about 1:00 am in the spring and fall with a windshield is alot more pleasant than the ride without one.I do like the windvest and the one hd sells.I've always had memphis shades and like there stuff too.

Old 03-05-2007, 03:51 AM
WIKIDJESTER
Intermediate

Windsheild + Night Train = just plain wrong, two words that just should not be used in the same sentance.

Old 03-05-2007, 05:41 AM
Finalcut
Road Warrior

You anti windshield guys crack me up : )

You'll pay any price to look cool. Like the guys I grew up with in Alaska who wore thin leather jackets in the dead of winter. They looked real cool as they were freezining their asses off going from kegger to kegger.

Listen man - you can always pop off the damn thing. But it's a nice option to have - especially when you're on a road trip...

Posers

Old 03-05-2007, 09:37 AM
lionsqrne
Road Warrior

Second that Final......

Old 03-05-2007, 09:40 AM
nightrider54
Tourer

No pic, but I have a Memphis shade hellcat on mine and love it in the early mornings.

don

Old 03-05-2007, 10:11 AM
Lunder99
Cruiser

Gotta agree with most.. don't think there is a windshield that looks good on a train... that being said... I put on a HD quick detachable, lightly smoked one on mine every now and again. I don't think it looks good, it's big and ugly... but if I'm going to put an ugly piece on my bike every now and again, I figured I'd get a big one that actually did block the wind...
JMO
Chris

Old 03-05-2007, 03:21 PM
DyNaBoB
Elite HDF Member

like i said before id just wear a full faced helmet that way nobody can see me hide behind a wind blocker lol

Old 03-05-2007, 05:03 PM
priceamp
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I bought a Del Rio (19"x 15") Memphis Shade for my FXST to catch the dang Yellow Jackets come this summer and to keep to cold blast of my chest in the winter, but I can't get the helmet buffeting to stop. I'm 5'6". I made a little jig before I bought the shade and convinced myself that 15" tall was exactly at my nose. The shade also has about 2 inches of up/down flexibility on the forks. I spent about 3 hours on Saturday adjusting the height and/or the angle and I just can't stop the buffeting. It's too bad 'cause I think the black to clear gradient shade complements my black FXST. I think a Memphis Shade would also compliment a Train.

The sun came out yesterday. I popped the shade off and a buddy and I put about 60 miles on yesterday.

Even if I can figure out how to omit/reduce the buffeting, I hate the extra motor noise that bounces off the shield and right back in your face. Sounds like your in a dang tunnel.

So I may sell the shade, start wearing a goose down vest under the leather in the winter and start carrying a fly swatter in the summer :-)

Quick Reply: best windshield for a night train