Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Samson exhaust screw me over IMHO.

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2013 | 09:39 PM
skiddd
Supporter

Hopefully Samson sees this and corrects the situation, they do make a nice product but threads like this help me make a purchasing decision....... good luck Man, hope they fix the issue.......

Old 08-10-2013 | 10:03 PM
Transporter
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by skiddd
Hopefully Samson sees this and corrects the situation, they do make a nice product but threads like this help me make a purchasing decision....... good luck Man, hope they fix the issue.......
Thanks, I just want people to know the way they handle this situation, poorly.

Old 08-10-2013 | 10:09 PM
Ozglide
Novice

I bought a pair of Sampson Slip-Ons, Disable Killers, the disc on the baffle that attaches to the right side muffler case broke free from the baffle tube, bad weld, took me several calls for them to accept emails with pictures showing the defect, they finally asked me to return it. Before I sent the pictures they insisted that the disc that was attached to the muffler case was held by a screw when it had actually been riveted or tac welded, I can't remember.. So after two weeks I got it back only to have the left side brake. Sent it back and the right side broke again. This time I took it apart and took the baffle assembly to a welder and had him weld it with beefier welds...no more problems. They did at least replace the attachments to the muffler cases with screws and a tapped holes to screw them into the baffle discs on both left and right mufflers. The left baffle actually flew out the back of the muffler and was never found so they replaced the whole thing.

Last edited by Ozglide; 08-10-2013 at 10:11 PM.
Old 08-10-2013 | 10:48 PM
Transporter
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Ozglide
I bought a pair of Sampson Slip-Ons, Disable Killers, the disc on the baffle that attaches to the right side muffler case broke free from the baffle tube, bad weld, took me several calls for them to accept emails with pictures showing the defect, they finally asked me to return it. Before I sent the pictures they insisted that the disc that was attached to the muffler case was held by a screw when it had actually been riveted or tac welded, I can't remember.. So after two weeks I got it back only to have the left side brake. Sent it back and the right side broke again. This time I took it apart and took the baffle assembly to a welder and had him weld it with beefier welds...no more problems. They did at least replace the attachments to the muffler cases with screws and a tapped holes to screw them into the baffle discs on both left and right mufflers. The left baffle actually flew out the back of the muffler and was never found so they replaced the whole thing.
I guess my problem is that my "proof" is somewhere between Las Cruces,NM and Dallas, TX.

Old 08-10-2013 | 11:58 PM
GinsengSullivan
Tourer

Ok now this has got my attention WAY too many of these complaints about Samson lately... I was seriously considering them and now .. not so sure UGH!

Old 08-11-2013 | 12:29 AM
Fabrikator
Tourer

Originally Posted by GinsengSullivan
Ok now this has got my attention WAY too many of these complaints about Samson lately... I was seriously considering them and now .. not so sure UGH!
For every one issue posted on here, theres probably 50 others who have not had an issue and have not posted. I Wouldn't let the few issues scare you off. If you want to play it safe, buy the parts from a local shop, so it will be easier to deal with if you have an issue.

Old 08-11-2013 | 12:49 AM
BARN36
Novice
Default Samson Shortys

Just pulled the trigger on some shorty's for my slim. Heard more positive reviews and riders loving the sound cant wait. Hopefully I don't have any issues.

Last edited by BARN36; 08-11-2013 at 04:44 AM.
Old 08-11-2013 | 04:43 AM
BARN36
Novice

Originally Posted by BARN36
Just pulled the trigger on some shorty's for my slim. Heard more positive reviews and riders loving the sound cant wait.
Hopefully I don't have any issues.

Old 08-11-2013 | 08:16 AM
Mache62
Advanced

Originally Posted by BARN36
Hopefully I don't have any issues.
You and me both! I'm taking my new Longhorns out for their first ride in a little bit!

Last edited by Mache62; 08-11-2013 at 08:23 AM. Reason: added a pic
Old 08-11-2013 | 09:01 AM
Tracker56
Road Master

Mine are 3 years old and still look like new!

Quick Reply: Samson exhaust screw me over IMHO.