Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Breakout Sightings??

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2013 | 06:27 AM
K9BO
Cruiser

How much do the breakouts cost out the door?

Old 08-10-2013 | 10:17 AM
Overcast
Cruiser
Default my conspiracy theory.....

"I spoke to someone who wanted to buy a Breakout, he said, they are very hard to find here. He also mentioned that if you find one, the dealers are selling them at full retail plus dealer fees."

I still think the MoCo didn't produce all that many of the 2013.5 models. They were testing the market. Now that the 2014 year models are getting ready to be released we'll see...............

Old 08-10-2013 | 10:48 AM
P_RsBO
Advanced

The first dealer I attempted to buy my bike had them marked up a couple of thousands above MSRP. The lowest they came down was 1300 over MSRP. I then called another dealer and got it for MSRP+tax+dealer fees

Old 08-10-2013 | 12:50 PM
HRCH
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by P_RsBO
The first dealer I attempted to buy my bike had them marked up a couple of thousands above MSRP. The lowest they came down was 1300 over MSRP. I then called another dealer and got it for MSRP+tax+dealer fees
You see, that's just wrong for a dealer to do that. I wouldn't knowingly give any dealer one cent over retail for anything. Full retail, that's fine, but not a penny more. My dealer discounted $400 off retail, waived prep, and threw in first service. I never asked for a discount. Plus, when ever my wife or I walk in, they always greet us by our first name. But paying over retail, hell, No I won't do it. It's the principal of it all. I'm, sure dealers will make a excellent profit at retail. Why should I pay more. To me, selling something over retail just because it's hot, simply tells me that dealer is gready. No matter how bad I wanted the Breakout, I would have never paid over retail.

Last edited by HRCH; 08-10-2013 at 01:43 PM.
Old 08-10-2013 | 01:47 PM
jam436
Supporter

Originally Posted by HRCH
You see, that's just wrong for a dealer to do that. I wouldn't knowingly give any dealer one cent over retail for anything. Full retail, that's fine, but not a penny more. My dealer discounted $400 off retail, waived prep, and threw in first service. I never asked for a discount. Plus, when ever my wife or I walk in, they always greet us by our first name. But paying over retail, hell, No I won't do it. It's the principal of it all. I'm, sure dealers will make a excellent profit at retail. Why should I pay more. To me, selling something over retail just because it's hot, simply tells me that dealer is gready. No matter how bad I wanted the Breakout, I would have never paid over retail.
Agreed. By doing so the dealer is telling you up front that he's not afraid to gouge you and doesn't care if you know it, and will probably continue after the sale.
Can you imagine what those service departments must be like?

Old 08-23-2013 | 05:27 AM
BlessedHellride
Road Master

Thread re-birth...I pull into the local Thursday bike night here in CLT at a place call Mac's Speed Shop and among the crowd is a pair of BO's in red and black, first that I've seen this model around here. The black one had those riser spacer's which I've read about in another thread here on the boards, which leads me to believe it is a forum member that owns it. if so, chime in.

Old 08-23-2013 | 09:03 AM
microserf
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by dizzy1450
I've seen 3 or 4 in the wild. I ride with a buddy who has one.
If you are in Centreville, VA my blue Breakout is probably one of the ones you have seen. I live in Clifton but I ride through Centreville pretty often...

Old 08-23-2013 | 11:08 AM
vizcarmb
Stellar HDF Member

I think the reason why you dont see as many because they are not being ridden. I saw a hipster riding one in San Francicso. This guy look like he was straight our the the Harley dark custom ads. Flannel shirt, skinny jeans, Converse shoes, scraggly hipster hockey playoff beard. novelty helmet. I kid you not.

Who am i to judge. I wear sportbike gear on my touring bike.

Old 08-23-2013 | 11:16 AM
Guitarman_sg
Road Master

So viz, are you saying you look like a Power Ranger going down the road?

Old 08-23-2013 | 12:10 PM
vizcarmb
Stellar HDF Member

Well other than the red riding pants. You can say partial power ranger

Quick Reply: Breakout Sightings??